Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is it just me or??

Did anyone else feel really bad for JT when he was hurt? Maybe its just because its late but dam i felt sorry for him. Great guy, humble sportsman.

JC v Froch next...
    THE SKY IS THE LIMIT NOT THE LIMIT IS THE SKY

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is it just me or??

Quote Originally Posted by MIKAY View Post
    Did anyone else feel really bad for JT when he was hurt? Maybe its just because its late but dam i felt sorry for him. Great guy, humble sportsman.

JC v Froch next...
    no its not just you, Im gutted to see jt lose like that plus those damn scorecards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually wanted froch to win being from the UK but not like that. If it went to points and frock won, would be a happy bunny as taylor doesnt deserve getting knocked out like that!! thats boxing i guess
    THE SKY IS THE LIMIT NOT THE LIMIT IS THE SKY

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, at the time I was shouting for Froch to take his head off, so I wasn't too sympathetic then.

But after seeing the replay and knowing that Taylor had the fight in the bag if he could have just got through it, well yeah, I do feel sorry for him. He has a history of getting flakey in the championship rounds, but he was so close to making it through to the end. He is a nice guy too like you say.

I can't argue with the refs call though, Taylor was well out of it. But yeah, only a few seconds to go.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm with ya. I like Taylor a lot, but I was cheering for Froch. Taylor seems like a great guy, very humble, and as MW champ he was willing to take on anyone. He was very classy in defeat as well.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Britain needed him to win for our boxing really. Our only current champ and out two best and high profile other fighters Hatton and Haye are really up against it for their next fights.

Khan is in a tough make or break fight as well.

Froch is flying the flag for us British.

I still think Taylor is one of the very best in the world and can win a championship belt again.

I think he'd even give Kessler problems, I'm not quite ready to proclaim the Dane the best and unbeatable just yet. Since his loss to Calzaghe he hasn't done a whole lot.

Mundine is fighting his undeated country Daniele Geale next month and a big win for him in that should see him get back in the mix, it's a shame that none of the sportcasters even mentioned Mundine when assessing the division.

I think Mundine can be a handful for anyone.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Britain needed him to win for our boxing really. Our only current champ and out two best and high profile other fighters Hatton and Haye are really up against it for their next fights.

I still think Taylor is one of the very best in the world and can win a championship belt again.

I think he'd even give Kessler problems, I'm not quite ready to proclaim the Dane the best and unbeatable just yet. Since his loss to Calzaghe he hasn't done a whole lot.

Mundine is fighting his undeated country Daniele Geale next month and a big win for him in that should see him get back in the mix, it's a shame that none of the sportcasters even mentioned Mundine when assessing the division.

Fraud got the win. Good for him. But in the process he showed he's not the monster puncher he was made out to be. He's very beatable.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

Fraud got the win. Good for him. But in the process he showed he's not the monster puncher he was made out to be. He's very beatable.
    He knocked out one of the world's best fighters. Pavlik knocks out Taylor and everyone says he's a monster puncher yet Froch doesn't have any pop?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He knocked out one of the world's best fighters. Pavlik knocks out Taylor and everyone says he's a monster puncher yet Froch doesn't have any pop?
    You know damn well most of that knock out was due to Taylor shortcomings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was kind of a boring fight in the beginning rounds until froch got knocked down, but it seemed close throughout, It picked up a bit in later rounds. Froch got the job done and that's all that counts. Jermaine has class and i wish him all the best if he continues.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know damn well most of that knock out was due to Taylor shortcomings.
    Maybe so, but you know damn well he didn't do it by accident.

Froch knew what he had to do in the 12th and had the intangibles to go out and do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I might sound a bit cold and sadistic but I dont feel any sympathy for any fighter when they get hurt. Its their chosen profession and its an unavoidable part of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I felt bad for him losing at that point. He could have taken a knee, held, anything and he would have gotten the decision. He should have been boxing that last round and keeping his composure. Oh well.

Not taking anything from Froch. Nice win for him.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I felt pretty bad too. I was rooting for Froch before the fight as I like the underdog, but Taylor was really impressing me with his performance at times. The look on his face when he went down had me feeling for him

Froch-Andrade next for me - War! Froch is nowhere near good enough to face Kess imo, although it'd be nice to see the latter in the ring with a live fighter again, but I think it would just be like when Kessler fought the early-version of Andrade.

Thread Information