New York, NY (July 30, 2012) – Captain Boyd “Rainmaker” Melson will have an extra special pack of supporters when he returns to the squared circle Thursday evening.

Melson, 8-1 (4 KO’s), is expecting a group of 20 patients from the New York chapter of the National Spinal Cord Injury Association (NYCSCIA) to cheer him on when he battles tough Texan Khalik Memminger at New York City’s Roseland Ballroom. The patients recently viewed Melson’s Team Fight to Walk trailer, which chronicles his commitment to bringing clinical trials to the United States that would help cure Spinal Cord Injuries.

To accommodate Melson’s newfound supporters, promoter Lou Dibella and the Roseland Ballroom arranged special seating so the patients’ wheelchairs could fit comfortably in the venue.

“My new supporters provide additional inspiration to win impressively,” said Melson, a West Point graduate and Army Reserve Officer who donates his fight purses to Justadollarplease.org. “I owe special thanks to Dr. Patricia Morton for showing them the video as well as Lou Dibella and the Roseland Ballroom for making sure that the NYCSCIA group will be able to enjoy my fight.”

DiBella, who promoted four of Melson’s fights, is impressed by his supporters and humanitarianism.

“We’re very proud of him and happy that these people are going to be attending our fight. We’re rooting for the developments that will assist them in the future and it’s my pleasure to have Boyd on my cards because of what he is doing to help make this a reality.”

A limited number tickets are available on Teamfighttowalk.com. All tickets purchased on Teamfighttowalk.com must be picked up at the Roseland Ballroom's will call window on fight night under the credit card holder's name.

In association with the 501 (C) 3 nonprofit Justadollarplease.org, Melson and his best friend Christan Zaccagnino created Team Fight to Walk, whose mission is to raise awareness within the boxing community as well as the entire nation about the importance of bringing Clinical Trials to the United States to help cure Spinal Cord Injuries. Team Fight to Walk is comprised of Melson, Zaccagnino, former Rutgers football player/ESPY honoree Eric LeGrand, two-time cruiserweight champion Steve “USS” Cunningham, title contender DeAndre “The Bull” Latimore, Edgar “El Chamaco” Santana, Hector “Machito” Camacho Jr., 2008 US Olympians Demetrius “Boo” Andrade and Shawn Estrada along with prospects Sid “The Messenger” El Harrak, Jeff “TNT” Spencer, Denis “Da Momma’s Boy” Douglin, Will “Power” Rosinsky, Floriano “Italiano” Pagliara, Danny “Little Mac” McDermott, Vinny “The Lion” O’Brien, Ahmed “Prince of Egypt” Samir and Delen “Sniper” Parsley.

For more information or to make a donation, go to teamfighttowalk.com or Justadollarplease.org. All specific questions about the nature of the Clinical Trial to cure Spinal Cord Injury can be sent to boydmelson@yahoo.com.