Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  110
Dislikes Dislikes:  13

Poll: Some Cultures are better than others

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusively

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

How dare you compare the Torah to an Oprah Winfrey makeover you deceiver. Armenians rule Iran from Shiraz to Isfahan to Urumia to Tabriz to Tehran. Tanha dalili ke toonestam zang-ra beshnavam inbood, ke mehmanha dar khaneman dar goosheman dad nazadand.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

Oh alrighty Beanz, I will HAPPILY castrate your pathetic non-responses, stepasides, and whataboutery....HAPPILY

I'll address the Synagogue and Church issue first....oh so they're allowed in IRAN (but not Saudi Arabia......ooooooh)....my mistake to list Iran alongside Saudi Arabia, however this still makes me 50% correct....lest you would like to list all those plentiful churches and synagogues in Saudi Arabia.....you gonna do that? You going to get to listing those Hmmm? I'll wait.....what, you mean there are NONE?

So....are you saying that the Old Testament is not the word of God then? Or did he meet Oprah and have a makeover? Or are you dismissing the Old testament as stories and the accepting the new as fact? Or are you suggesting that I don't know anything about the Judaism, The Bible, Christians or Islam? Or are you just saying that any act of barbarity carried out by Christian fundamentalists is not the same as that carried out by Jewish or Muslim fundamentalists because Christianity despite being used for all kinds of horrendous things is fundamentally better than those others?
    Beanz, I do believe you miss the entire fucking point of what I am saying when I post that and I'd HOPE you were not missing the point on purpose, but YES, yes, YOU are THAT kind of poster. So Allow me to break this down for you really slow, so that a short buser like yourself can comprehend it. This is after an ELEMENTARY style Google search 'Old Testament vs New Testament' = The Old Testament records the giving of God's Law, and the New Testament shows how Jesus the Messiah fulfilled that Law (Matthew 5:17; Hebrews 10:9). In the Old Testament, God's dealings are mainly with His chosen people, the Jews; in the New Testament, God's dealings are mainly with His church (Matthew 16:1.

Now Beanz, that's not the point of why I bring up the Old Testament vs the New Testament, that point would be ABROGATION = the repeal or abolition of a law, right, or agreement or as defined in Islam: Naskh (نسخ) is an Arabic word usually translated as "abrogation"; It is a term used in Islamic legal exegesis for seemingly contradictory material within, or between, the two primary sources of Islamic law: the Quran and the Sunna. ... Neither the Quran nor the sayings of Muhammad state which verses stand abrogated.

Which means quite simply 'If Muhammad ever ends up contradicting himself then follow the last thing Muhammad does and not the first thing which he contradicts'....and THAT means the Meccan sura talking about peace and love and what not, yeah forget that shit follow the Medina sura which is all about lopping people's heads off and punishing the infidels.

Jesus covered the whole "how do I deal with my enemies" thing with "38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
    39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
    40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
    41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
    42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
    — Matthew 5:38–5:42 KJV

And

27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
    28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
    29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also.
    30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
    31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

— Luke 6:27–31 KJV

Do you understand the difference between Jesus saying those things and Muhammad's "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)" (Translation is from the Noble Quran) The verse prior to this (190) refers to "fighting for the cause of Allah those who fight you" Quran (2:191-193)

DO.....YOU...UNDER....STAND......THE......DIFFEREN CE?

400 years of Trans Atlantic Slave Trade that maimed, raped, killed, kidnapped, and enslaved 20 million Africans "heathens" to bring them to Christ

and you conveniently dismiss it with

Oh no the Trans Atlantic Slave trade!!!!! 400 years....OH NOES.
    Oh I'm sorry Beanz I didn't know that you expected me to be some 530 or so years old and hold sway over the societal norms of the day....MEA MAXIMA CULPA Beanz.

Yes, the slave trade was bad, but again not as bad as the Arab slave trade which still very much exists (you do know that there are degrees of things right, do you understand that concept?). Also the descendants of slaves in the United States have fared on the whole far better than Africans...we don't get hit with many famines here in the United States, but whatever, I'm sure you'll see this still as some callous response but I really don't give a fuck because I unlike you do not look at history through the prism of the 21st century because I am not a retard.

No acknowledgment that it involved millions in the name of Christianity. Your culture. No mention of maiming, raping and kidnapping in the name of your culture. Forced to work in cotton, sugar and tobacco fields on which your culture was built.
    In the name of Christianity? Oh is THAT what it was in the name of, I thought it was nation building in the name of "I'm the biggest and best King because I've got the most money and land and baddest armies and navy" kind of thing, but I guess SURE yes it was ALL 100% Christianity and you know it's got to be the EXACT same Christianity which I practice dontcha know . Well OK Beanz, I accept the faults of Christianity which occurred during the Colonial period which resulted in the creation of the greatest nation in the World.

....you focus an awful lot on African slaves and ya didn't much mention the Irish ones....I mean sure the actual word "kidnap" comes from that era and refers to children abducted and sold into indentured servitude (ie rent-a-slaves) who were worth LESS than the African slaves...but hey I don't wish to disturb you whilst atop your moral high ground

Again another straw man argument you suggested that I was comparing the Salem Witch trials to genocide. Never happened you again are making it up
    Oh ok, so I'me reading THIS list which YOU posted wrong?
    400 years of Trans Atlantic Slave Trade that maimed, raped, killed, kidnapped, and enslaved 20 million Africans "heathens" to bring them to Christ
    —Genocide of Native Americans under the name of Christ as Manifest Destiny
    —Genocide of Australian Aborigines that killed 90% of their population in less than a century, again by Christian Europeans
    —Salem Witch Trials
    —Spanish Inquisition
    —Crusades
    ....I'm reading that wrong? I mean I didn't put 'Salem Witch Trials' in that list.... @brocktonblockbust did YOU put 'Salem Witch Trials' in there? @TitoFan did YOU put 'Salem Witch Trials' in there?

I'm going to find out who the fuck put that in there because I'll be damned if Beanz is going to take the blame for this when he didn't put that in there!!!! Somebody is going to fucking pay! I'm really upset right now and I request that any MOD get in here and help us get to the bottom of this right now!

It's ok Beanz, we're going to find out who did it and we're going to fix them up real good ok pal?

so exactly why did you fail to respond to any of the current examples I gave ?
    ....Ummm because I figured you might have a list which included MY culture.

The Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda that has maimed, raped, & killed up to 100,000 people according to the UN, during the past 15 years, which is far more destructive than ISIS, and they've done so to establish Biblical Law as a self-described Christian organization
    —In Central Africa Republic Christian Militias have destroyed every single mosque and the UN reports that Muslims are facing ethnic cleansing, withreports that Christians are cannibalizing Muslims, literally

Is it because these people are not American? I always thought that the Christian Church was global? or could it be that you are just failing to acknowledge that these "self-described" Christians are no different to the "self described" Muslims who suggest acting like Barbarians is somehow an expression of their culture?
    Oh Uganda, that's just right down the road a piece from my home town.....
    Central Africa.....is that near Durham

I'm having a hard time finding what branch of Christianity these folks ascribe to....is it Methodist? Is it Baptist? Nondenominational? Catholic? Orthodox? No, no, they are something called "heterodox" which is defined as such: "Heterodoxy in a religious sense means "any opinions or doctrines at variance with an official or orthodox position".[1] Under this definition, heterodoxy is similar to unorthodoxy, while the adjective "heterodox" could be applied to a dissident.".......so they DON'T follow the typical Christian orthodox......but you're saying they're of MY culture......ah yes, you know us Southerners share quite a lot of similarities with those in Central Africa and Uganda....silly me

Would you like some more Beanz?

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle, If your culture is so superior to all these others that you rightly find abhorrent why does it enable, support and defend them ?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Lyle, If your culture is so superior to all these others that you rightly find abhorrent why does it enable, support and defend them ?
    ...let's see the last time I was in Church and they passed collection plates for The Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda it must have been ......oh yeah, NEVER.

Hey Beanz, care to discuss the Jewish practice of oral suction circumcision?

Hmm

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not the one elevating my own culture above others though am I? Also not being circumcised and raised as a Christian I am probably not the best person to ask. Nice try though.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle it was I .... salem witch trials...I sneaked it in their with a Brooklyn "burnt at the stake" exorcism. You know the Pilgrims burnt a lot of witches, straight off the Mayflower from Plymouth Rock.

El Kabong Guest

I am not the one elevating my own culture above others though am I? Also not being circumcised and raised as a Christian I am probably not the best person to ask. Nice try though.
    HAHAHA....but you're Jewish no? Why do you support and allow that to happen BEANZ? (this is where I would remind you that turnabout is fair play, if somehow I'm responsible for armies in fucking Africa then you're responsible for all the pedo Mohels out there)

Also yes I'm elevating MY culture above others and you've yet to even level a decent argument against my claim.

Let's play a game shall we?

Question #1
    You find out that a woman that you know has been raped.....
    Beanz do you
    A ) Attempt to help your lady friend receive the proper medical and psychological treatment she needs in order to deal with her attack

OR

B ) Stone her to death for committing adultery

take your time, I know it's a difficult question

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Lyle it was I .... salem witch trials...I sneaked it in their with a Brooklyn "burnt at the stake" exorcism. You know the Pilgrims burnt a lot of witches, straight off the Mayflower from Plymouth Rock.
    I'm just......brockton I cannot believe what you did!

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#Pedo-Mohel-Responsibility

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#Metzitzah-in-the-Southwest

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    HAHAHA....but you're Jewish no? Why do you support and allow that to happen BEANZ? (this is where I would remind you that turnabout is fair play, if somehow I'm responsible for armies in fucking Africa then you're responsible for all the pedo Mohels out there)

Also yes I'm elevating MY culture above others and you've yet to even level a decent argument against my claim.

Let's play a game shall we?

Question #1
    You find out that a woman that you know has been raped.....
    Beanz do you
    A ) Attempt to help your lady friend receive the proper medical and psychological treatment she needs in order to deal with her attack

OR

B ) Stone her to death for committing adultery

take your time, I know it's a difficult question
    Where did I say you were responsible for anything ? You are elevating your culture above others and yet you are claiming that it is OK to support things like the 6 month imprisonment of a female victim of gang rape after giving her 200 lashes?

I am assuming you are meaning American Christian Culture and not just Not just North Carolina Culture?

The same American Christian values that elevate business, money and material possessions to such a high place that morals go out the window?

Saudi Arabian Culture?

Your Allies?

The one Muslim place that you you freely trade in weapons and oil with?

So you support and allow that to happen?

It's not a game Lyle. I am not a practicing Christian or Jew. I do not have to justify or apologise for religious people like you. I am agnostic. I am not expecting there to be a Gd, but I am not so arrogant to discount the remote possibility of there being one in such an unexplored universe of dimensional realities we have yet to fathom.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Where did I say you were responsible for anything ? You are elevating your culture above others and yet you are claiming that it is OK to support things like the 6 month imprisonment of a female victim of gang rape after giving her 200 lashes?

I am assuming you are meaning American Christian Culture and not just Not just North Carolina Culture?

The same American Christian values that elevate business, money and material possessions to such a high place that morals go out the window?

Saudi Arabian Culture?

Your Allies?

The one Muslim place that you you freely trade in weapons and oil with?

So you support and allow that to happen?

It's not a game Lyle. I am not a practicing Christian or Jew. I do not have to justify or apologise for religious people like you. I am agnostic. I am not expecting there to be a Gd, but I am not so arrogant to discount the remote possibility of there being one in such an unexplored universe of dimensional realities we have yet to fathom.
    Surely you are not that dumb Beanz....surely your short term memory is not THAT bad

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz
    You literally JUST posted that not even 10 posts on this thread ago. You can't be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz
    You are elevating your culture above others and yet you are claiming that it is OK to support things like the 6 month imprisonment of a female victim of gang rape after giving her 200 lashes?
    Yes, I'm elevating my culture above others.....hold on.....not my culture (6 month imprisonment & 200 lashes)....that is NOT my culture and for you to even imply that is so fucking ludicrous. It is quite obvious, QUITE obvious that you have no idea on how to debate what I've said, and you're flailing around not making any contact with anything even remotely close to the truth.

Beanz, my culture doesn't have a say in the foreign policy of America....do you comprehend that? Does that compute?

I also do not need to LIKE somebody in order to TRADE with somebody.....does THAT compute?

Beanz, you look ridiculous, you've lost sir, you have been beaten quite handily in this debate....and hell don't take my word for it, let ANYONE come in here and read the posts. Let them judge....you got hammered.

It's not a game....dude it's a simple practice where I show you A vs B, my culture vs the culture I'm talking about being worse than mine....and it's plain as day to see, for anyone else I guess, just not you. Oh you're non practicing....I ....DON'T.....CARE.......it still makes as much sense as my culture apparently helping The Lord's Army in fucking Uganda because wow......let me tell you....that one hits SO close to home....soo very very close to how I think and feel and live my life....not a day goes by that I don't think about lil 14 year old Begumisa killing the infidels........I mean really, are you retarded? Are you? I'm fucking serious....you ate paint chips as a child yeah?

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Check Mate
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle you have just admitted that you cannot use the heinous acts of a minority to judge a whole culture as being inferior to another. I get it. You concede. You can't always win.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Check Mate
    So are you mocking yourself now or what?

Beanz I demolished your NON argument into a billion pieces.....you lose, good day, better luck next time

Thread Information