Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  64
Dislikes Dislikes:  5
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: how many MODs do we have in this forum?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: how many MODs do we have in this forum?

This is my new favourite thread

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

".....and then Titofan wrote: 'Holy Hat, Batman!' in Mandarin".

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Beans just curious if you don't mind me asking, and I think there may be oh I don't know maybe half a dozen posters on here who are wondering the same thing, how many times have people youve enraged (bcuz i wouldnt support violence) WRONGLY smashed your smarmy face in in England over the years?
    Enraged? really you are enraged right now? You need to get a life mate. Are those half a dozen posters all in your secret gang then? Almost enough to start your own forum

Whoa bro!

Again with the "secret gang" shit?

Seriously bro, you claim not to be paranoid...... and then write stuff like this.

If I've never said this before, I cannot be in a (cough, gag) Secret Gang with anyone (and haven't been since 3rd grade)..... let alone anyone who in a very schizo manner curses me out in bad Spanish out of the blue and then pats me on the back.

I'm a lo-nah.

Besides...... I'm not part of the Suck Trump Dry committee.
    I wasn't assuming that you were one of the half dozen who wondered how many times people I have enraged in England who then went on to smash my smarmy face in. My face is a lot things but smarmy is probably not top of the things I would use to describe it

Well ok then.

Now I'll sit back and wait for Brock to come in and tell me someone I haven't even talked to just ripped me a new asshole.

..... and then curse me out in bad Spanish.
    espero que estas bromiando, tu sabes muy bien que te escribo con palabras chistosas y loquitas, pero ahora estoy piensando que tu intendiste mal, que la ultima vez tu intendiste que yo escribi en serio o que yo dije algo en serio sobre de Ud. Te juro que equivocaste, yo siempre estoy bromiando contigo, y tu lo sabes muy bien, y ademas cuando yo escribi ayer que alguien ~RIPPED TITOFAN~ un culo nuevo eso fue una broma Dios Mio, increible que no intendiste eso, ......... has cambiado mucho entonces, porque antes tu estabas mucho mas chistoso y tu intendiste que me gusta practicar espanol y usar palabras sussias.

tranquilo, papa........... tranquilo

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Does anybody actually care how many mods there are? Is this like the definition of a slow news day or why the Brits talk about the weather. Which is mostly an absence of weather.

Seeing as to how Mods have the authority to warn/ ban posters based on their own interpretation of the rules, yes.... I'd say the number of mods in a forum is a relevant/ understandable question. On a much lesser scale, it's kind of like how many cops do you need in a community. One per thousand citizens? One per hundred? Is it possible that the more you have the higher the probability that one or more may not be fit to be cops? That some may abuse their power? That the probability rises that you may be giving authority to someone who does not deserve it?

How many Mods are necessary? Probably enough to ensure sufficient oversight of a forum 24/7.... but not too many as to not increase the possibility of recruiting an unfit Mod. Just a tad more relevant than the weather, I'd say.
    This seems to weigh heavily on your mind as you have mentioned it a few times now, specifically the possible "abuse" and unfit Mods? I wouldn't say mods are here to and then do hand out warnings and bans as they individually interpret the rules of Saddo..bit of a slight to the man honestly and mods are not free roaming bat swingers abusing the neighborhood..but more to aim for a general community consensus of debate, disagreement, discussion and occasional discord minus objectionable offence to simply offend BS and troll posters or the site, fire bombing someone repeatedly, spam product, and in general knock down racist garbage or other vile crapolla on the main boards. It might all boil down to respect. We're all here to have fun and talk boxing at the end of the day, for the most part. If there's anything specific regarding perceived abuse or problems with an individual it should be talked about. Hey really we all have it good here, mods are not issued guns or clubs like real cops so no one gets critically injured . Can honestly say I've never once felt singled out or abused by any moderator, present or prior to my dye job and the majority of my lumps and judgement received have come from other random posters but you hash it out and you move on. Ideally.

Ok... I feel like I should attach a Sworn Statement at this point.

I, TitoFan, of sound (cough, gag) mind and body... hereby declare that nothing in this forum "weighs heavily" on my mind. I understand the aforementioned to be a true statement, for the appeasement of @Beanz and @Spicoli . And if it is not a true statement, may the fat lady in the Caption This section land on me from the top rope of a WWF ring.

Ok now that THAT'S out of the way......

Hey, any place where people continue to visit, cyber or otherwise, for years on end, must be fun or else they wouldn't do it. So yeah... we all have it pretty good here. I see it as a slice of real life, only through a keyboard where most of us haven't seen each other's faces. We got the whole gamma of personalities here, and that includes the Mods. But whereas personality quirks in regular posters have no effect on anything in the forum, in Mods they can potentially have some effect. (Whoa easy there..... refer back to the Sworn Statement).

Potentially, if a Mod feels slighted in any way..... or does not like a certain personality..... or woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning.... or he/she feels a poster has shown him/her up in any way..... it's always a possibility the rope on that particular poster might have just gotten a wee bit shorter with that particular Mod. Again... we're all human, and given to conduct blips. So although slight, in a moderated forum there is always the possibility of lack of consistent discipline from one Mod to the next, one poster to the next, or even one day to the next. For the record, I've always found this forum very good in that regard.

You did allude to something very important, I think... and that's talking between the Mods. If talking between the Mods is used as a tool to come to some sort of consensus..... then that's great. As individuals, we can always err and like they say two (or more) heads are better than one.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While nothing weighs heavily on his mind I can say with absolute certainty that ***azzz-whore" weighs heavily on his ~wallet~……

•=•=•=•=•=•=•_•_•_••_•_• _•_•_•_•_•_•==•=•==•=•=|=•=â €¢=|=•==|=|•••__•_•_•_•_•_•_†¢_•_•=•=•==•=•=
    °°°°°°°°÷°°°°°÷°°°°°°÷°°° °°°°÷°°°°°°°÷°°°°°°°÷°°°
    @walrus the "jazz"-WHORE

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While nothing weighs heavily on his mind I can say with absolute certainty that ***azzz-whore" weighs heavily on his ~wallet~……•=•=•=•=•=•=•_•_•_ ••_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•==•=•==â €¢=•=|=•=•=|=•==|=|•••__•_•_•_ •_•_•_•_•_•=•=•==•=•=°°°° °Â°Â°Â°Ã·Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Ã·Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Ã·Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Ã ·Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Ã·Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Ã·Â°Â°Â° @walrus the "jazz"-WHORE
    How many second chances have you been given? And this is how you treat the forum? Nobody forces you too but you make it bollocks. You are a Rude, compulsive retarded fuckwit and for some bizarre reason people mistake it for entertainment. Weak stuff. If you are not brown nosing you just parrot other people's opinions, lift and then badly reuse British phrases with all the aptitude and insight of a brain damaged parrot and just constantly troll the boards with your deep throating of Alex Jones. Why don't you just message or email walrus sweet nothings instead of acting like a teenage girl here?It's embarrassing for the whole of Saddos that your trail of jibberish now dominates the forum.Twat.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While nothing weighs heavily on his mind I can say with absolute certainty that ***azzz-whore" weighs heavily on his ~wallet~……•=•=•=•=•=•=•_•_•_ ••_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•==•=•==â €¢=•=|=•=•=|=•==|=|•••__•_•_•_ •_•_•_•_•_•=•=•==•=•=°°°° °Â°Â°Â°Ã·Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Ã·Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Ã·Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Ã ·Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Ã·Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Â°Ã·Â°Â°Â° @walrus the "jazz"-WHORE
    How many second chances have you been given? And this is how you treat the forum? Nobody forces you too but you make it bollocks. You are a Rude, compulsive retarded fuckwit and for some bizarre reason people mistake it for entertainment. Weak stuff. If you are not brown nosing you just parrot other people's opinions, lift and then badly reuse British phrases with all the aptitude and insight of a brain damaged parrot and just constantly troll the boards with your deep throating of Alex Jones. Why don't you just message or email walrus sweet nothings instead of acting like a teenage girl here?It's embarrassing for the whole of Saddos that your trail of jibberish now dominates the forum.Twat.
    Whole-whore Throat-Boor on a ~Goblet-Crumpet~ "in lights, kites & bikes", or rearrange the consonants mwaHA @Batman what like 350 km

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whole-whore Throat-Boor on a ~Goblet-Crumpet~ "in lights, kites & bikes", or rearrange the consonants mwaHA @Batman what like 350 km
    Eerrrrmmm yeah man, go for it, but only if you are sure it is what you "really" wanna do .

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Eerrrrmmm yeah man, go for it, but only if you are sure it is what you "really" wanna do .
    it IS, mate, it IS............. @Batman Happy Birthday matey, have a Stella Artois on me. Great beer that. Get 12 330 ml bottles here now for 10 quid.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anybody actually care how many mods there are? Is this like the definition of a slow news day or why the Brits talk about the weather. Which is mostly an absence of weather.

Seeing as to how Mods have the authority to warn/ ban posters based on their own interpretation of the rules, yes.... I'd say the number of mods in a forum is a relevant/ understandable question. On a much lesser scale, it's kind of like how many cops do you need in a community. One per thousand citizens? One per hundred? Is it possible that the more you have the higher the probability that one or more may not be fit to be cops? That some may abuse their power? That the probability rises that you may be giving authority to someone who does not deserve it?

How many Mods are necessary? Probably enough to ensure sufficient oversight of a forum 24/7.... but not too many as to not increase the possibility of recruiting an unfit Mod. Just a tad more relevant than the weather, I'd say.
    This seems to weigh heavily on your mind as you have mentioned it a few times now, specifically the possible "abuse" and unfit Mods? I wouldn't say mods are here to and then do hand out warnings and bans as they individually interpret the rules of Saddo..bit of a slight to the man honestly and mods are not free roaming bat swingers abusing the neighborhood..but more to aim for a general community consensus of debate, disagreement, discussion and occasional discord minus objectionable offence to simply offend BS and troll posters or the site, fire bombing someone repeatedly, spam product, and in general knock down racist garbage or other vile crapolla on the main boards. It might all boil down to respect. We're all here to have fun and talk boxing at the end of the day, for the most part. If there's anything specific regarding perceived abuse or problems with an individual it should be talked about. Hey really we all have it good here, mods are not issued guns or clubs like real cops so no one gets critically injured . Can honestly say I've never once felt singled out or abused by any moderator, present or prior to my dye job and the majority of my lumps and judgement received have come from other random posters but you hash it out and you move on. Ideally.

I, TitoFan, of sound (cough, gag) mind and body... hereby declare that nothing in this forum "weighs heavily" on my mind. I understand the aforementioned to be a true statement, for the appeasement of @Beanz and @Spicoli . And if it is not a true statement, may the fat lady in the Caption This section land on me from the top rope of a WWF ring.

Hey, any place where people continue to visit, cyber or otherwise, for years on end, must be fun or else they wouldn't do it. So yeah... we all have it pretty good here. I see it as a slice of real life, only through a keyboard where most of us haven't seen each other's faces. We got the whole gamma of personalities here, and that includes the Mods. But whereas personality quirks in regular posters have no effect on anything in the forum, in Mods they can potentially have some effect. (Whoa easy there..... refer back to the Sworn Statement).

Potentially, if a Mod feels slighted in any way..... or does not like a certain personality..... or woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning.... or he/she feels a poster has shown him/her up in any way..... it's always a possibility the rope on that particular poster might have just gotten a wee bit shorter with that particular Mod. Again... we're all human, and given to conduct blips. So although slight, in a moderated forum there is always the possibility of lack of consistent discipline from one Mod to the next, one poster to the next, or even one day to the next. For the record, I've always found this forum very good in that regard.

You did allude to something very important, I think... and that's talking between the Mods. If talking between the Mods is used as a tool to come to some sort of consensus..... then that's great. As individuals, we can always err and like they say two (or more) heads are better than one.
    Bud no one is looking for appeasement or bowed heads. Ya gotta give people a fair shake unless they show otherwise no? Also don't know why other posters would be @ called out there ^ other than to just stir it up. I think there is a lot of non specific making mountains out of mole hills in worrying about mods being heavy handed really and the talking was for everyone with an issue. Personality quirks, bad days or not getting morning coffee, etc you mention most certainly, all posters not just mods, all have potential to effect the forum and we've seen it play out over the years, months and days.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bud no one is looking for appeasement or bowed heads. Ya gotta give people a fair shake unless they show otherwise no? Also don't know why other posters would be @ called out there ^ other than to just stir it up. I think there is a lot of non specific making mountains out of mole hills in worrying about mods being heavy handed really and the talking was for everyone with an issue. Personality quirks, bad days or not getting morning coffee, etc you mention most certainly, all posters not just mods, all have potential to effect the forum and we've seen it play out over the years, months and days.

Yeah ok... I see we're just going round and round with no real disagreement, other than your insistence that I am #1: Letting this weigh heavily on my mind..... and now #2: Making mountains out of molehills about whatever. I tried humor to inject a little levity.... my way of saying hey... it's not that big a deal, just stating the obvious. But obviously it's not being well understood, so I'll just drop the subject lest you continue to think I'm losing sleep over it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah ok... I see we're just going round and round with no real disagreement, other than your insistence that I am #1: Letting this weigh heavily on my mind..... and now #2: Making mountains out of molehills about whatever. I tried humor to inject a little levity.... my way of saying hey... it's not that big a deal, just stating the obvious. But obviously it's not being well understood, so I'll just drop the subject lest you continue to think I'm losing sleep over it.
    It's perfectly understood brother. Mods are not out to indiscriminately get anyone. Cheers.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

walrus has ~RIPPED~ Gandalf a new ***BONG HIT***

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what do you think.

Thread Information