Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Introducing Christian Camacho!

Orlando, FL (September 10, 2014) – From Marvis Frazier to Tracy Harris Paterson and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, boxing’s had many sons of legendary fighters looking to make a name for themselves as a prizefighter.

Some had great success, while others were viewed as irrelevant fighters that received undeserved publicity since they had famous fathers. Those who don’t know junior lightweight Christian “MC” Camacho will immediately recognize the last name and ask if he’s related to the late, great Hector Camacho.

For the record, the answer is yes, but the 22-year-old is looking to build his own legacy, not just live off his father’s name.

“I honestly don’t like when people ask me if we’re related because I want to be looked at as Christian Camacho the individual, not just Hector Camacho’s son,” said the Orlando native.

Camacho started boxing around age five and had a solid amateur career, becoming a two-time Florida State Golden Gloves titlist, New York Golden Gloves champion and U19 tournament medalist. Overall, he had more than 150 amateur bouts and spent time training at the famed Mayweather Boxing Club.

Even with everything seemingly on his side, he quickly found out about the shady business that is professional boxing.

In his pro debut, Camacho had multiple opponent and venue changes before officially facing an opponent named Enrique Angeles Jr in Distrito Federal, Mexico. He was told that Angeles was 1-1 and coming off of a loss.

Camacho unfortunately dropped a decision against a fighter he later found out had a significant experience advantage.

“After the bout, I found out he was actually 9-1 and fought for Mexico City in the World Series of Boxing. I had good sources tell me a few days after the fight that he had a number of bouts that took place in Mexico which weren’t on his Boxrec.”

With the disappointment surrounding his pro debut behind him, Camacho returned in June to outclass Jason Vera and has his sights set on one day becoming a top fighter.

“I believe I’m very talented and have what it takes (to make it to the top). I have been fighting my entire life and even though my father is the reason I’m fighting we’re very different. I’m right handed, consider myself very humble and have been told that I’m more of a puncher. Regardless, I’m not looking for any special treatment or circumstances because I believe my talent will get me where I need to be not my last name.”

Camacho, 1-1, returns to the ring September 20 in a four round special attraction bout as part of World Wide Elite Entertainment’s “The Comeback”, which is headlined by a cruiserweight bout between Francisco Palacios and Epifanio Mendoza.

Promoted by World Wide Elite Entertainment, tickets to “The Comeback” are $25 for general admission, $45 to sit ringside and $500 for VIP tables of 6 with bottle service included. They’re on sale by calling 561-702-7068. All ticketholders over the age of 21 are invited to a special post-fight party hosted by DJ Erick at the Mela Room, located at 9677 S. Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando.

About World Wide Elite Entertainment:

Founded in 2014 by noted boxer Francisco Palacios and Alejandra Quintero, World Wide Elite Entertainment’s a full-service promotional firm with the goal is to right many of boxing’s wrongs. Their focal point will be guiding talented but misled fighters that weren’t provided fair opportunities in the past due to managerial or promotional issues. For more information, go to showentertainment.org or facebook.com/pages/World-Wide-Elite-Entertainment/530432297086225.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Introducing Christian Camacho!

Christian Camacho biggest problem is he ain't that fucking good. He sucks worse than Hector Camacho Jr. And that says a lot

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Introducing Christian Camacho!

If Camacho is anything like Macho Man then he will be a good fighter.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information