Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Ryan Rhodes on HBO Saturday June 18th

I don't recall seeing Ryan Rhodes fight (maybe once), he's a southpaw from Sheffield, Yorkshire, UK, with a decent record won 45 (KO 31) + lost 4 (KO 2) + drawn 0 = 49. Perhaps we'll see a good fight.

June 18
    At Guadalajara, Mexico (HBO): Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Ryan Rhodes, 12 rounds, for Alvarez's WBC junior middleweight title; Jason Litzau vs. Adrien Broner, 10 rounds, junior lightweights.

Also on the card is future all-time great & Hall of Famer, Adrien Broner, going up against Jason Litzau.

Let's get ready to rumble: this fight card comes on in 3 hours. @ 10:30 PM EST in North America.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 06-19-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Ryan Rhodes on HBO Saturday June 18th

I haven't seen Rhodes fight either, but from the fellas across the pond here on Saddo's he's pretty good. Im expecting a good fight, Canelo still gets hit too much. I will have to watch some of his fights on youtube this week to see what he's about. On the other fight i'm taking Litzau, i think the momentum from the last fight is going to carry over for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have seen Rhodes but I don't recall much. He will be a step up from Cotto's brother and Hatton-2 guys who didn't even fight at 154 prior to the fight.

I do hope Litzau somehow beats Broner but I doubt it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MMASUX View Post
    I haven't seen Rhodes fight either, but from the fellas across the pond here on Saddo's he's pretty good. Im expecting a good fight, Canelo still gets hit too much. I will have to watch some of his fights on youtube this week to see what he's about. On the other fight i'm taking Litzau, i think the momentum from the last fight is going to carry over for him.

I hope they're right and the fight is competitive, and Rhodes gives a good account of himself. Canelo's fans will be going apeshit down in Guadalajara, Mexico come June 18th, it's going to be a rough atmosphere for Rhodes there, and a hard place for him to get a "W".

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rhodes is a decent enough fighter who now has cleverly manoeuvred himself into a title shot. He was the under dog against Moore and showed a lot of heart and determination to win that fight. He has been selective with his opponents since which is probably in recognition that he cannot afford to have too many wars at his age. I believe he has not lost at this weight and he will give Alvarez a good fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Rhodes is a decent enough fighter who now has cleverly manoeuvred himself into a title shot. He was the under dog against Moore and showed a lot of heart and determination to win that fight. He has been selective with his opponents since which is probably in recognition that he cannot afford to have too many wars at his age. I believe he has not lost at this weight and he will give Alvarez a good fight.
    Thanks for the report Master, Rhodes is going to have to be at his very best if he expect to get a "W' down in Mexico.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Americans or anyone who hasn't seen rhodes fight must ignore his early stuff as he isn't that dumb due to growing up!!
    He much more gifted now and the only reason he would lose is due to age only

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a Brit, I can guarantee that he will put up a much better fight than Matthew Hatton did.

He'll get beaten but expect him to give a good account of himself.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HE's a higher level of opponent than Zbik and alot more dangerous for this young Canelo. And I like how he's a southpaw who'll pose some challenge and give the youngster some things to think about.

Im more pumped up to see The American Boy beating the shit out of Boner..

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    HE's a higher level of opponent than Zbik and alot more dangerous for this young Canelo. And I like how he's a southpaw who'll pose some challenge and give the youngster some things to think about.

Im more pumped up to see The American Boy beating the shit out of Boner..

Hell you say, Boner is already a boxing legend.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm expecting Rhodes to show no fear of Alvarez and take the fight right to him. And get wrecked in the process. His size and attack will have Alvarez on the defensive and might cause an uncomfortable situation or two early on. But once Alvarez gets his offense going it's gonna be a painful experience for Rhodes

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I said in the previous Rhodes/ Alvarez thread; youth and aggression will prevail.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    I'm expecting Rhodes to show no fear of Alvarez and take the fight right to him. And get wrecked in the process. His size and attack will have Alvarez on the defensive and might cause an uncomfortable situation or two early on. But once Alvarez gets his offense going it's gonna be a painful experience for Rhodes
    This. Ryan Rhodes gets credit for beating Jamie Moore. But let's also acknowledge that Jamie Moore was badly weight-drained & had to retire within 6 months suffering from serious neurological problems. Now he still gets credit, but if we're going to tear apart Alvarez opp, we should do the same for Rhodes. In 2 years since then he's beat Luca Messi (a Euro level gatekeeper at best) & some Brazilian bloke called Rocky Junior. Not to mention he hasn't made the weight in over a year.

Like I said the Moore win was great for him, but Moore also looked to some as if he bottled fighting Anthony Small & has done his very best to avoid having to fight Lukas Konecny.

Alvarez has stayed busy & been fighting a better level of opposition. He's also sparring with much better fighters like Golovkin. I expect him to beat him down to a late stoppage.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Ryan Rhodes on HBO tonight - fight thread

Why don't we make this tonights fight thread?

June 18
    At Guadalajara, Mexico (HBO): Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Ryan Rhodes, 12 rounds, for Alvarez's WBC junior middleweight title; Jason Litzau vs. Adrien Broner, 10 rounds, junior lightweights.

Also on the card is future all-time great & Hall of Famer, Adrien Broner, going up against Jason Litzau.

Let's get ready to rumble: this fight card comes on in 3 hours. @ 10:30 PM EST in North America
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 06-19-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any of you kats who need a stream, send me a PM and i'l do my best.

Thread Information