Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Roy Jones is going to win!

Ive said it, this is how i feel. I have a feeling hes going to pull it out and shock everyone. I can feel it. So anyone and everyone who wants to brag if im wrong, use this thread against me...i dont care. Roy Jones fan from the beginning and to the end bitches! Yall must of forgot but dont worry Roy hasnt and hes going to use everything hes got and beat calzaghe down! Bhop knocked calzaghe down with a straight right, roy gonna do that all night. The anticipation is killing me, i just wanna see this fight!
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones is going to win!

haha me too obviously i want JC to smash him up but theres a small part of me that can't help thinking Jones will be well up for this and it's his last roll of the dice.
    Just get a little feeling this is gonna be an absolute classic and Jones could pull out some magic
    Hope i'm wrong but...........anyway we shall see soon enough and yeah i'm getting rather excited about this one

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    haha me too obviously i want JC to smash him up but theres a small part of me that can't help thinking Jones will be well up for this and it's his last roll of the dice.
    Just get a little feeling this is gonna be an absolute classic and Jones could pull out some magic
    Hope i'm wrong but...........anyway we shall see soon enough and yeah i'm getting rather excited about this one
    I think Joe will win this convincingly, but I am anxious about the first four rounds. Calzaghe had to work hard in the early going of both his fights with Kessler and Hopkins, and Jones is going to be ready to try and chafe Joe with that lightning right of his. Jones can still pop if he sets himself up right. Joe should learn from the Hopkins experience and just exercise a little caution early on, and then as the fight goes on he can start to loosen up and let the workrate show through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I rewatched Jones against Tito last night, and I had a difficult time coming up with reasons that Roy will have a shot based on that performance. You never know, but basing the prediction off of their last two respective performances, it's hard to see Jones winning.

El Kabong Guest

If RJJ had the power he used to have and the speed he used to have he'd whip Joe's ass but Roy has been caught a couple times, he's been hurt even more recently, he is gunshy and you can't be that way with a guy who throws like Calzaghe.....Roy is going to have to be like Hopkins and be a trickier fighter not reliant on talent alone, but on his Ring IQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones messed up his body moving to heavy and the impact coming back down has had a negative effect. Jones in his prime v Calzaghe would have been a different fight but at this stage Jones does not have enough left. Calzaghe will throw too many punches and I think we will see Roy kept pretty much on the defensive apart from some flashes of the old Jones. It will be exciting in small bursts but I expect Joe to win either on points or by late stoppage.

I must admit though the saying that 'Every great fighter on the way down has one great fight left in him' is in the back of my mind... Jones would have to roll back the years though and it's a SLIm chance.

No win fight for Joe - if he wins they will say he beat a shot fighter if he loses he lost to has been. I just wonder if Jones gets a dodgy points decsion to set up a money spinning rematch in Wales

A word on Jones in his prime (forget the calibre of some of his opponents he was a perfect blend of a boxer ina punchers body - a great fighter who would have competed (if not beaten) the best around his natural weight. He probably wont be appreciated until after he's retired.
    'To speak with his equal and irish man is forced to talk with God...'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just cant see this version of Jones having enough all round ... he will struggle with the pace JC sets ... Joe is no Tito he is a strong fast and hard guy at super mid/light heavy .. they are facts ..

And though he has been knocked down before can anyone really say yes Ive seen JC hurt bad .... Yet the same question re Jones brings a deffo answer of yes ... I also think the years are catching up on Jones now and the up and down weight divisions cant have helped and I for one think he is looking old now ...

And as for pulling one last big un off Joe will throw everything in this fight because he aint gonna blow it in what may well be his last fight.

Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    If RJJ had the power he used to have and the speed he used to have he'd whip Joe's ass but Roy has been caught a couple times, he's been hurt even more recently, he is gunshy and you can't be that way with a guy who throws like Calzaghe.....Roy is going to have to be like Hopkins and be a trickier fighter not reliant on talent alone, but on his Ring IQ.
    I think Calzaghe wins this more than likely, but Jones showed some smarts against Hanshaw. I wonder why Jones is so KO hesitant, but I hope he's able to open up more against Joe. If it goes the distance I don't see Roy winning a decision.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Killface View Post
    I think Calzaghe wins this more than likely, but Jones showed some smarts against Hanshaw. I wonder why Jones is so KO hesitant, but I hope he's able to open up more against Joe. If it goes the distance I don't see Roy winning a decision.
    Since being KO'd I honestly believe he (RJJ) is a little gun shy these days much to his own detriment..

Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Killface View Post
    His two KO loses are the reason - 9 times out of 10 to go for the KO you have to put yourself in a place where you be KO'd. Jones does not want to go there. He could have finished Tito early but played safe - can't do that against Calzaghe or he will win by a big points difference.

Jones built his style on doing everything wrong and got away with it because of his amazing reflexes and speed. The problem is these fighters reach a certain stage where the reflexes have slowed a little and the things they did wrong and got away with are punished.
    'To speak with his equal and irish man is forced to talk with God...'

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Dark Side is with you Roy , apply the sword to Calzaghe.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now now Al taking a sword in there is cheating beyond even what B-Hop did .. but it will give RJJ an even chance at least lol...

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder how many people pulling for Roy will give Calzaghe any credit when he wins and wins in a totally dominating fashion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been saying this all along, if Roy comes to fight he will win, if he is there just to survive 12 rounds he won't, I don't think CAlzaghe will be hitting Roy cleanly, He might surprised me, but I haven't seen anybody even Glen Johnson or Antonio Tarver land a whole lot of clean punches. So I think Roy will be able to survive the whole fight, but I don't think he can win because of the mentality he has shown lately. He says that he wants to stand right in front of Calzaghe I think this is the right think to do, force Calzaghe to box, Roy won't be able to out brawl Calzaghe so the only chance he has is to outbox Calzaghe which I think he can do IF he throws punches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post
    I wonder how many people pulling for Roy will give Calzaghe any credit when he wins and wins in a totally dominating fashion.
    He's expected to be dominated though... Did people give Mayweather credit for dominating Zab Judah or Carlos Baldomir? Very few. I think people are seeing that 5% chance that will allow Roy to win. Is that 5% chance worth giving Joe Calzaghe any credit for taking this fight or what he will do in it? I think not. I mean if he is able to tag Roy with every punch and get him out of there, will he get credit, I think he deserves a little, but not like the credit he got from me for beating Kessler the way he did ,and for the close fight with Hopkins.

Thread Information