Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poison returns!! Who Poisoned, Poison's mind?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Poison returns!! Who Poisoned, Poison's mind?

After 4 years off, Junior Jones has announced he's returning in 2007. And he's serious about it. He's already signed a 3 fight deal, with some low budget management team. He sees Pacquiao, Barrera, Morales and Kevin Kelley and thinks he can whip them. What the fuck made him think that? Jones was a very good fighter. About 10 years ago. Even at his best, his chin was always weak. I doubt it's gotten better. For some reason I just can't see this ending good. Who poisoned his mind with these foolish ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Poison returns!! Who Poisoned, Poison's mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    After 4 years off, Junior Jones has announced he's returning in 2007. And he's serious about it. He's already signed a 3 fight deal, with some low budget management team. He sees Pacquiao, Barrera, Morales and Kevin Kelley and thinks he can whip them. What the fuck made him think that? Jones was a very good fighter. About 10 years ago. Even at his best, his chin was always weak. I doubt it's gotten better. For some reason I just can't see this ending good. Who poisoned his mind with these foolish ideas?
    I just read it and chuckled to myself... This is quite a layoff to be having delusions of grandure...
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Posted this too...but you beat me by a few seconds...so I dropped mine.

That being said...if JJ can make a comeback...I'll be thrilled. Many either don't know Jones or they just don't know Jones. He was a hell of a fighter that sometimes fell short when he was almost at the top, maybe the layoff will help him.

He was skilled enough to best Barrera...but not Morales...tuff sell.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His wons over MAB were both close,the first ok he was beating MAB but it was like a DQ because MAB's corner ran in!! The second was a close close fight. I'm glad Morales beat his ass! He was certainly a good fighter and I loved his war with Mckinney,that was a good fight but I cannot believe he thinks he can hang in there with the elite...a slightly suspect chin v Pacquiao!

Why do these retired fighters keep coming back?!?!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gonna play the stereotype card and say that the tax-man talked him into it.

I'd be willing to wager at this point that he owes more money than he has, and can't sell used cars, so...............
    back into the ring.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    His wons over MAB were both close,the first ok he was beating MAB but it was like a DQ because MAB's corner ran in!! The second was a close close fight. I'm glad Morales beat his ass! He was certainly a good fighter and I loved his war with Mckinney,that was a good fight but I cannot believe he thinks he can hang in there with the elite...a slightly suspect chin v Pacquiao!

Barrera's corner saved him from being knocked unconscious

Retired fighters keep coming back for wonga. Simple as.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i got excited until i realized you werent talking about the 80's glam rock band who sang EVERYONE ROSE HAS ITS THORN........

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster

Barrera's corner saved him from being knocked unconcious

Nope,they actually came into the ring to complain about Jones supposed use of the head and low blows or something,although I think JJ would have KTFO MAB somehere in the fight anyway!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nope,they actually came into the ring to complain about Jones supposed use of the head and low blows or something,although I think JJ would have KTFO MAB somehere in the fight anyway!
    EL Gamo you obviously haven't seen it bud

Barrera was TOTALLY fucked

I was gutted, believe me.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop. Cuz you ain't going to win this. Anybody who's seen the fight knows Barrera should lost that fight by TKO. Not DQ. As far as I'm concerned, Jones knocked Barrera out. And I'm a Barrera fan.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bad idea for 'Posion' to return and the sad part is that he already signed the deal so now hes gotta fight or pay a fine if he doesn't come through...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His wons over MAB were both close,the first ok he was beating MAB but it was like a DQ because MAB's corner ran in!! The second was a close close fight. I'm glad Morales beat his a**! He was certainly a good fighter and I loved his war with Mckinney,that was a good fight but I cannot believe he thinks he can hang in there with the elite...a slightly suspect chin v Pacquiao!

Stop. Cuz you ain't going to win this. Anybody who's seen the fight knows Barrera should lost that fight by TKO. Not DQ. As far as I'm concerned, Jones knocked Barrera out. And I'm a Barrera fan.
    Thank you.

Truer words could not be spoken...& watch tape fellars...the proof is in the puddin.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    After 4 years off, Junior Jones has announced he's returning in 2007. And he's serious about it. He's already signed a 3 fight deal, with some low budget management team. He sees Pacquiao, Barrera, Morales and Kevin Kelley and thinks he can whip them. What the F*** made him think that? Jones was a very good fighter. About 10 years ago. Even at his best, his chin was always weak. I doubt it's gotten better. For some reason I just can't see this ending good. Who poisoned his mind with these foolish ideas?
    I gonna play the stereotype card and say that the tax-man talked him into it.

I'd be willing to wager at this point that he owes more money than he has, and can't sell used cars, so...............
    back into the ring.

I agree he is returning most likely due to money problems....He has been away to long and is to high up in age to start making serious bids at anything
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Poison returns!! Who Poisoned, Poison\'s mind?

His wons over MAB were both close,the first ok he was beating MAB but it was like a DQ because MAB\'s corner ran in!! The second was a close close fight. I\'m glad Morales beat his ass! He was certainly a good fighter and I loved his war with Mckinney,that was a good fight but I cannot believe he thinks he can hang in there with the elite...a slightly suspect chin v Pacquiao!

Barrera\'s corner saved him from being knocked unconscious

Yes, I remember that fight. Should of been a TKO. There were calling Barrera the next Chavez when that happened. I almost cried, when he lost.
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Poison returns!! Who Poisoned, Poison\'s mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten Apple
    His wons over MAB were both close,the first ok he was beating MAB but it was like a DQ because MAB\'s corner ran in!! The second was a close close fight. I\'m glad Morales beat his ass! He was certainly a good fighter and I loved his war with Mckinney,that was a good fight but I cannot believe he thinks he can hang in there with the elite...a slightly suspect chin v Pacquiao!

Barrera\'s corner saved him from being knocked unconscious

Yes, I remember that fight. Should of been a TKO. There were calling Barrera the next Chavez when that happened. I almost cried, when he lost.
    Sissy

Thread Information