Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Canelo fails drugs test

Statement from Golden Boy Promotions on Canelo Alvarez’s positive drug test

As part of the voluntary testing program that Canelo Alvarez insisted on ahead of his May 5 fight, one of his results came back positive for trace levels of Clenbuterol, consistent with meat contamination that has impacted dozens of athletes in Mexico over the last years.

As Daniel Eichner, Director of SMRTL, the WADA-accredited lab that conducted the tests stated in his letter today, “These values are all within the range of what is expected from meat contamination.”

Upon receiving this information, Golden Boy immediately notified the Nevada State Athletic Commission and Gennady Golovkin’s promoter, Tom Loeffler.

As has been planned, Canelo will immediately move his training camp from Mexico to the United States and will submit to any number and variety of additional tests that VADA deems necessary ahead of and after May 5.

Added Canelo: “I am an athlete who respects the sport and this surprises me and bothers me because it had never happened to me. I will submit to all the tests that require me to clarify this embarrassing situation and I trust that at the end the truth will prevail.”

Canelo has tested clean dozens of times over the course of his previous 12 fights.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo fails drugs test

Canelo Alvarez Tests Positive For Banned Substance Blames Mexican Cows

Canelo Alvarez has admitted he tested positive for a performance enhancing drug -- but he's blaming the dirty test on contaminated cow meat.

The boxer was tested in advance of his upcoming May 5 rematch against Gennady Golovkin -- and says results show he had trace levels of Clenbuterol.

FYI, Clenbuterol is a banned substance often used by athletes to cut body fat while retaining muscle mass. It's banned by every major doping agency.

But Canelo says he's NOT a cheater -- just an eater.

He believes the traces of Clenbuterol are "consistent with meat contamination that has impacted dozens of athletes in Mexico over the last years."

Canelo says he will immediately move his training camp from Mexico to the United States and will submit to any number and variety of additional tests that the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association deems necessary ahead of the fight.

"I am an athlete who respects the sport and this surprises me and bothers me because it had never happened to me," Canelo says.

"I will submit to all the tests that require me to clarify this embarrassing situation and I trust that at the end the truth will prevail."

Canelo's team notes he has tested clean dozens of times over the course of his previous 12 fights.

El Kabong Guest

Well

Well

Well

So that should put Canelo's career to rest. He was much hyped early on in his career, I have to say I for one feel extremely disappointed in what he failed to achieve as a boxer and hell he's only 27 right now so he could have had many many years ahead of him in the ring, but I don't think you live this kind of thing down.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe he's telling the truth...I mean if he has been eating any cows that look like this

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We'll need more infos and a bit more investigation before getting any conclusion but one thing's for sure: on paper, it doesn't look good.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing suspicious here :S.. Clenbuterol is good for losing weight but keeping muscle mass or something along those lines......

Mexico and China are pretty famous for dosing their beef with it though, I wouldn't be surprised either way if he is guilty or not

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems crazy to want meat with less fat.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz said the exact same thing. Hmm....

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo gets off this easy. If I was a fighter I would train in Mexico. The fight will still go ahead, they'll test Alvarez more but nothing else will show up. Vargas situation all over again.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look, anyone stupid enough to eat Mexican meat deserves the consequences.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was Tyson Fury and Povetkin in Mexico when they ate supercows?

The dodgy burgers excuse has proven to be a great defense, just recently Luis Nery (a Mexican Bantam champion) had the exact same thing, nothing happened, they don't even get suspended any more.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Food for thought....

Clenbuterol HCl is a beta-adrenergic agonist that is used illegally in the United States and Europe to increase the leanness and protein content of cattle, swine and horses. According to studies done by the Agricultural Research Service, consumption of meat from veal calves exposed to clenbuterol can poison humans. Also recent studies by the ARS suggest that residues in edible tissues in swine exposed to clenbuterol remain high after slaughter, despite a withdrawal period from the drug. Their research has shown that even after a seven-day withdrawal period, the residues of the drug still exceeded European maximum residue levels. In conclusion, clenbuterol use in swine and other livestock was determined to be inconsistent with human consumption standards. Often the drug is used in competitions at livestock shows, but research by the Food Safety and Inspection service has found many incidences of clenbuterol use in feedlots. This phenomenon is not one of the past despite research dating back to the early nineties that resulted in the restriction of distribution and use of the drug in livestock.

Often when ingested, animals will break the clenbuterol and other similar chemical compounds into non-toxic products. However, sometimes the chemical is broken down into a toxic product that is as toxic or even more toxic than the originally ingested clenbuterol (ARS). Most of the studies of the effects of clenbuterol are done on cattle due to the considerable usage of this chemical in the livestock industry. Also, young calves are given this drug to increase leanness and protein content as they are confined and prepared for the production of veal. According to the Agricultural Research Service, after calves are exposed to clenbuterol, the chemical is distributed throughout the body in numerous organs. Many of these organs, including the liver, kidney, muscle, and fat are edible organs that will eventually end up in the meat industry. They also stated that in tissues such as muscle and kidney, the parent clenbuterol represented 40-60% of the total residue. Their research also shows that the elimination of clenbuterol in cattle is significantly slower than in other species.

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/biology...1/paluska.html

Clenbuterol is commonly prescribed abroad as an inhaled bronchodilator tp treat obstructive pulmonary disorders. Reported short-term side effects in humans who accidentally "overdosed" from eating clenbuterol tainted meat include:Skeletal muscle tremors, agitation, palpitations, dizziness, nausea, muscle cramps , rapid heart rate, and headache. Despite these negative side effects, clenbuterol may benefit humans when used to treat muscle wasting (in disease), forced immobilization and aging. Unfortunately no data exists for potential toxicity levels or its efficacy or long term safety. clearly clenbuterol cannot be justified or recommended as an ergogenic aid.....
    Exercise Physiology: Nutrition, Energy, and Human Performance By William D. McArdle, Frank I. Katch, Victor L. Katch (p.546)

https://books.google.com/books?id=XO...20meat&f=false

Just info I found with a preliminary search. Not sure how much any benefits may transfer but i do find it interesting that many of the overdose symptoms sound similar to those identified with roid use/ rage.
    Last edited by J_Undisputed; 03-07-2018 at 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo is guilty and a cheat stop beating around the bush.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Canelo is guilty and a cheat stop beating around the bush.
    I don't think anybody thinks Canelo isn't guilty. But everyone knows he'll get away with it! as this shows below.....

https://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-wba-...oncent--125945
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder what the response would have been if it was Golovkin? Would Golden Boy have bought the dodgy meat line?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information