Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wladimir Klitschko vs. Marius Wach

Not that I have anything against Wach, he is a nice guy, but IMHO he should have fought someone from top 20 before getting a title fight.
    Still, something tells me he will be more of a challange than Mormeck.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Marius Wach

I had not seen where this fight has been signed. Wach is ranked #4 by the WBC perhaps Wlad is taking the fight so he can immediately go after Vitali's WBC belt when Vitali retires...if it is true that he's taking the fight. Wach is big, bigger than Wlad....I wouldn't mind this fight happening, I think Wlad wins by early/mid round KO, perhaps round 4 or so

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Decent fight. Wach is undefeated and is a little bit bigger than Wladimir.

Should result in a highlight reel knockout...probably in 4-5 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by therealremi View Post
    Not that I have anything against Wach, he is a nice guy, but IMHO he should have fought someone from top 20 before getting a title fight.
    Wach does not deserve a shot at Klitschko, and is still too inexperienced for it.
    Are you sure they are going to fight?
    Surely he is still a worthier challenger than Mormeck was, even if Mormeck's resume was richer.
    Wach should fight a few big men his own level before challenging Klitschko.
    It is hard for me to say that Fury or Price are his own level, so it's probably like his handlers know that and just try to cash out big on him.
    Today a man can just fight a Klitschko and call it a career, he isn't making that kind of money by doing a Povetkin for years.

El Kabong Guest

Wach is decent-ish probably on par with Dimitrenko but has slower hands and a slightly harder punch. He's #4 in the WBC rankings so I think if nothing else it's a move to get Wladimir rated higher by the WBC so he can unify quickly.

The fight I really want to see is Wladimir vs Arreola, because I know Arreola will come to fight....Wlad will still win handily but Arreola will have a go.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wach is the best out of those available and willing to fight. Everybody else is either tied up in other fights or coming off injuries. Plus he makes the most sense economically with the Polish TV money.

Adamek is fighting Walker
    Pulev is fighting Ustinov
    Povetkin is fighting Rahman
    Solis is being sued by Don King
    Helenius is coming off a career threatening shoulder injury
    Mitchell not ready
    Arreola's camp is waiting on Vitali to retire so he can fight for a "vacant" WBC belt
    Chagaev been there done that
    Boytsov is coming off multiple hand operations...still treading water
    Stiverne is ranked very high by the WBC and will likely face Arreola sometime soon
    Fury & Price not ready this year

Can anybody honestly pick a better fight for Wladimir?

El Kabong Guest

I think Wlad vs Arreola will be THE unification bout and that's cool with me. I am itching to see Wach catch a beat down because he's a big dude and he's been feasting on smaller, older heavyweights.

TALE OF THE TAPE
    Height: Wlad 6'6; Wach 6'7 & 1/2
    Weight:(from last bouts) Wlad 249 ; Wach 247
    Reach: Wlad 81"; Wach 82"
    Record Wlad 58 (51 KO)-3; Wach 27(15 KO)-0

Wlad is vastly more experienced (of course) and has a better KO%. Wach's record is littered with the names of journeymen fighters. Tye Fields and Julius Long are amongst his most noteable wins, not very tough I must say.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seeing that Wach is at least huge makes me slightly happier about this fight. If Wlad's just going to be KO'ing some undeserving European I've never heard of, nice to at least have the spectacle of a 6'8" guy hitting the canvas.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post
    Seeing that Wach is at least huge makes me slightly happier about this fight. If Wlad's just going to be KO'ing some undeserving European I've never heard of, nice to at least have the spectacle of a 6'8" guy hitting the canvas.
    Also the guy is a bit of a bully, 32 years old and Wach has yet to even ATTEMPT to test himself. I would kind of prefer Wach get smashed by another fighter, but Wlad does love to take away a 0.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan View Post
    Wach is the best out of those available and willing to fight. Everybody else is either tied up in other fights or coming off injuries. Plus he makes the most sense economically with the Polish TV money.

Adamek is fighting Walker
    Pulev is fighting Ustinov
    Povetkin is fighting Rahman
    Solis is being sued by Don King
    Helenius is coming off a career threatening shoulder injury
    Mitchell not ready
    Arreola's camp is waiting on Vitali to retire so he can fight for a "vacant" WBC belt
    Chagaev been there done that
    Boytsov is coming off multiple hand operations...still treading water
    Stiverne is ranked very high by the WBC and will likely face Arreola sometime soon
    Fury & Price not ready this year

Can anybody honestly pick a better fight for Wladimir?
    yes you are right, there is not much at all for wladimir just now so he might aswell just take the easy polish money.. Although I know nothing about this stiverne fellow but from what I have heard I guess the plan is for him or arreola to get the wbc belt once vitali retires and then make a big fight in america v wlad, that might work out pretty good for wladimir chance to win all the belts fighting a north american champion.. I don't see the point in him fighting povetkin sure he is undefeated and I think not bad and has some kind of belt but the way he fights wladimir would eat him alive and I do not think it would be a contest at all.. Beating this Wach fellow even with his poor resume is as much of an achievement as beating povetkin for a fellow like wladimir...

strangely enough I know think the only competitive fight for the klitschkos is david haye and we saw how that went the first time...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by therealremi View Post
    Until I just looked him up, I didn't have a clue who Mariuz Wach was, if it does happen this might actually be an entertaining fight. As good as anyone else who's available for Wlad to fight right now, let it happen.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    yes you are right, there is not much at all for wladimir just now so he might aswell just take the easy polish money.. Although I know nothing about this stiverne fellow but from what I have heard I guess the plan is for him or arreola to get the wbc belt once vitali retires and then make a big fight in america v wlad, that might work out pretty good for wladimir chance to win all the belts fighting a north american champion.. I don't see the point in him fighting povetkin sure he is undefeated and I think not bad and has some kind of belt but the way he fights wladimir would eat him alive and I do not think it would be a contest at all.. Beating this Wach fellow even with his poor resume is as much of an achievement as beating povetkin for a fellow like wladimir...

strangely enough I know think the only competitive fight for the klitschkos is david haye and we saw how that went the first time...
    Stiverne is big power and that's about it, Ray Austin was outboxing him when Bermane finally caught him. I like the big power guys, but unless they have that Joe Frazier type of drive & stamina or the Joe Louis stalking ability they can be in some very boring fight. Headmovement, footspeed, cutting the ring off and stalking an opponent down, and setting up the power punches is what you need to do when you rely so much on power. That said Arreola vs Stiverne will be a very nice battle (I hope).

Povetkin used to be somebody but he's an afterthought now, he's skilled, but his career had so much promise when he was younger and it's sad that he's fighting lesser opponents now than he fought in 2007.

It's a shame Odlanier Solis & Povetkin have been so poor, add in Audley and the heavyweight/super heavyweight division has had lots of shit Gold Medalists (bar Wlad of course)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Wach is decent-ish probably on par with Dimitrenko but has slower hands and a slightly harder punch. He's #4 in the WBC rankings so I think if nothing else it's a move to get Wladimir rated higher by the WBC so he can unify quickly.

The fight I really want to see is Wladimir vs Arreola, because I know Arreola will come to fight....Wlad will still win handily but Arreola will have a go.
    I thought the WBC refused to rank any of the other belt holders?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post

I thought the WBC abolished unifications.
    What you say here is even worse than what I thought.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GaydarbekStraight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post

I thought the WBC abolished unifications.
    What you say here is even worse than what I thought.
    Actually all of the bodies refuse to rank any of the others champions. Not just the WBC.

Boxing Rankings | WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF | Fightnews

Thread Information