Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Wilder suddenly become the “A Side” against AJ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Has Wilder suddenly become the “A Side” against AJ?

Of course, AJ has to get through Parker, but the pressure has now shifted.
    Last edited by holmcall; 03-13-2018 at 08:29 PM.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Has Wilder suddenly become the “A Side” against AJ?

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Of course, AJ has to het through Parker, but the pressure has now shifted.
    NO!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ is the A side no matter what because he is much more popular. At the moment, I think it’s a toss up fight though.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only in Wilders warped and egotistical bomb squad mind. In reality he has scrapped past a lot of his defences against relatively poor opponents and been lucky to hold on to his titles.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua is clearly the #1 heavyweight, and will absolutely destroy Wilder, if The Windmiller is ever brave enough to step into the ring with him. He's the real deal, a true elite heavyweight who fights the best prime heavyweights (such as Parker). He'll soon have unified three world titles.

Wilder, in contrast, is a deeply flawed boxer who has fought only old men, shot boxers and journeymen. Poor old out-of-shape Ortiz was not even cleared to fight until Friday due to high blood pressure.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This guy still gets no credit? Come on, he showed that he could survive an onslaught from a brutal closer--and then he showed that he could be the very best closer in boxing. I think (and I'm included in this) that we have to compartmentalize his loud mouth and focus on his 40-0 record. And like I said, if he hits anyone out there with one of his straight right, he can knock them out--anyone!!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This guy still gets no credit? Come on, he showed that he could survive an onslaught from a brutal closer--and then he showed that he could be the very best closer in boxing. I think (and I'm included in this) that we have to compartmentalize his loud mouth and focus on his 40-0 record. And like I said, if he hits anyone out there with one of his straight right, he can knock them out--anyone!!
    What did Wilder show that he has already not shown? Sure that was Wilder's best opponent but he showed he has heart,courage and can punch already. His boxing skills are poor for someone that has achieved what Wilder has done so far.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bad boxing skills = 40-0

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bad boxing skills = 40-0
    Yes, exactly. A long time since I have seen an undefeated world champion with a number of title defences look so vulnerable.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ll give him credit. He’s 40-0, he’s champion, he can take a punch and he has power. He certainly stands a chance , but his work is Wild an he has long levers on those windmill punches, and because of this, his balance is absolutely awful. Just imagine how much power he would have if he learned how to box and punch properly.
    It’s the Heavyweights and they can all knock each other out if they connect on the button . But there is more chance of that if you’re timing is good.
    I just think that when Wilder unleashes, he’ll get plugged off balance and it’ll all go wrong.
    It’s funny, and just goes to show where we are at, when we’re saying Joshua’s technique is an advantage against another World Chanpion.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I’ll give him credit. He’s 40-0, he’s champion, he can take a punch and he has power. He certainly stands a chance , but his work is Wild an he has long levers on those windmill punches, and because of this, his balance is absolutely awful. Just imagine how much power he would have if he learned how to box and punch properly.
    It’s the Heavyweights and they can all knock each other out if they connect on the button . But there is more chance of that if you’re timing is good.
    I just think that when Wilder unleashes, he’ll get plugged off balance and it’ll all go wrong.
    It’s funny, and just goes to show where we are at, when we’re saying Joshua’s technique is an advantage against another World

Chanpion.
    Good stuff

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Joshua is clearly the #1 heavyweight, and will absolutely destroy Wilder, if The Windmiller is ever brave enough to step into the ring with him. He's the real deal, a true elite heavyweight who fights the best prime heavyweights (such as Parker). He'll soon have unified three world titles.

Wilder, in contrast, is a deeply flawed boxer who has fought only old men, shot boxers and journeymen. Poor old out-of-shape Ortiz was not even cleared to fight until Friday due to high blood pressure.
    You are aware Wilder has been quite clear he wants the fight and Eddie and AJ have been quite clear they don't right? Even to the point of being caught lying and then doing exactly what I said they would do months before they did it. Exactly what Eddie told everyone they would do. Before he lied because people didn't like his plan. He still stuck to his plan.

AN is the best but they want no risk before collecting collecting collecting collecting collecting. As Eddie said if people would listen.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First good to see you around bud. Wilder finally had a solid tough heavyweight fight with a guy who didn't come in to fall down. That's the jist of it and while he rose to the occasion and did show brass and heart, did show a never say die attitude and he did show that short circuiting eraser right hand..it is only more noticeable and note worthy because he so desperately lacked it prior. What other heavyweight, let alone a title holder, has his first back and forth acid test come in his 40th fight? Honestly the best thing for Wilder is that fans don't focus on his first 32 fights. Nikolay Valuev managed a 48-0 tag with more opponent padding than a mattress factory. He is very much in the uphill climb of learning on the job and in the moment with another legit heavyweight trying to and almost succeeding in taking his head off now. I actually did gain some respect for both he and Ortiz last night but we're not far removed from a decade when well, that's what heavyweights did. They faced tough comp and fights early in careers before titles came into the picture and sorted it out with room for lessons to carry forward. With every fight Wilders flaws and flailing gumby follow up attack on are display as much as his right hand. Best closer in boxing . Wilder does deserve credit for maximizing his strengths and fire but AJ was featured on the same US channels he has been and took his acid test with one of the more dominate champs on an era. I think he holds the cards here and even more so should he unify.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 03-05-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

You are aware Wilder has been quite clear he wants the fight and Eddie and AJ have been quite clear they don't right? Even to the point of being caught lying and then doing exactly what I said they would do months before they did it. Exactly what Eddie told everyone they would do. Before he lied because people didn't like his plan. He still stuck to his plan.

AN is the best but they want no risk before collecting collecting collecting collecting collecting. As Eddie said if people would listen.
    Ok, the heading of this thread is “whether Wilder is suddenly the A side”. It’s not “is AJ or Hearn scared of Wilder.” It’s not “He said,she said.”
    Because Wilder “wants the fight”, does that mean he wins it does it? I have heard Joshua and Hearn say “the fight will happen in 2018.”
    At the end of the day, if Wilder “wants the fight” and is the “A side” and “wants a 50/50 spilt” and “wants the fight in the U.S.” (excuse all the speech marks) , then fine. All he needs to do is get his people to put a better proposition on the table than Joshua’s people have put to him.
    Like that’s gonna happen!
    That’s Boxing business at the end of the day whether we like it or not.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think AJ could have knocked Ortiz down, much less knock him out. But, AJ is the crowd favorite. But Wilder is the better more tougher specimen.

Wilder sparks AJ within 10, maybe sooner.

Sad fact is there is no need, aside for pride, for AJ to fight Wilder. AJ made over $28 mil in his fight against Wladimir and just about the same for his fight against Takam. Wilder just barely cleared $2 mil for his fight against Ortiz. So, AJ can make money regardless. Wilder is the guy who has to show the fans who the real champion is.

A fight with Wilder and AJ in Europe would probably make a helluva lot of money.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information