Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter Quillin is the #1 Middleweight!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Peter Quillin is the #1 Middleweight!

Without a question... he is the most ducked middleweight out there. Even GGG can get fights. No one is running from anyone MORE than they are running from Quillin.

They don't want to lose to him.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Peter Quillin is the #1 Middleweight!

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Without a question... he is the most ducked middleweight out there. Even GGG can get fights. No one is running from anyone MORE than they are running from Quillin.

They don't want to lose to him.
    Yea probably the most called out middleweight in the division yet never fights anyone with a pulse. Also looks shit when he does fight. He is definitely avoided. Clown.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a joke, right?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Quillin but he didn't exactly set the boxing world on fire with his performance in the Rosado fight...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I like Quillin but he didn't exactly set the boxing world on fire with his performance in the Rosado fight...
    Or the ndam fight or the McEwan fight or the Wright fight. He's a good boxer but to think in his current way he's better then GGG or Martinez is silly

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why won't they make the fight, then? Make the fight with Quillin. He's there!!! They won't make the fight because they are AFRAID of his power and the event they may lose to him. Quillin is the top rated Middleweight in the business. Bar none!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Why won't they make the fight, then? Make the fight with Quillin. He's there!!! They won't make the fight because they are AFRAID of his power and the event they may lose to him. Quillin is the top rated Middleweight in the business. Bar none!
    Who? GGG cant make the fight because of the cold war. Stevens and Macklin have called him out. Likelihood is he'll fight one of them next. I hope its Stevens because I think he can beat Quillin.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's not number one, that's Martinez. Quillin is improved and frankly all the jibber jabber after the Rosado fight was off the mark I think. Quillin beat his ass fair and square and that was nothing similar to effective aggression by Rosado. What it was was a lot of wasted sizzle and little fire and walking into a perfect counter shot for the cut. Golovkin is in a perfect position to be the shot caller and well earned but lets not get carried away like he has faced a murderers row. I don't see anyone ducking each other. Politics and posturing right now but hopefully they'll get it on. Stevens needs to get back in line, Brinkley boxes your ears, Quillin can solve his one gear sure enough.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Quillan but his best bet is to make a number of defences and make some money before he loses against the best in the weight. He is not a top class fighter but who knows after a couple of years when Sergio retires and maybe GGG moves/gets exposed he will become the number 1 at the weight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quillin is basis Danny Jacobs would beat him easy
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Kinda looks like the domo Kun... ...after the drugs wore off and the dancing stopped

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What the hell happened to Dmitry Pirog? He looked like a freaking tank in his dismantling of a really good fighter in Daniel Jacobs and has since gone off the radar. I know he picked up a trinket, but is he relevant here? He's an undefeated big Russian, 2014 very well could be the year of the Russian in boxing (2013 probably was), where is he in all this? Off topic I know.

Quillin is a very good fighter and has beben a lot better than I expected him to be after the early hype in his career based off a couple squashes on FNF. Still, not sure you can elevate him to the status Martinez has and that Golovkin gained last year. Golovkin may have done it on pure style points, but it was impressive nonetheless. I think Quillin gets a little too much flack for his performance against Rosado, he boxed beautifully but doesn't have the physical strength to keep someone like Rosado off. Don't think he will be in good shape against a guy with a thudding jab like Golovkin though. Don't think he has anything to keep GGG off much less win rounds against him. Martinez he could beat though, especially if Martinez can't return to his previous form. Just don't think those legs will ever have the same spring for Martinez, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Still don't know what to think of Quillin at the top level, he seems a bit stiff legged and might need more space than some guys would give him. Rosado's bravado in that fight probably skewed how ineffective he was for the most part, but there were still times when he had Quillin looking lost. Then you take the fight before that, and it's Quillin who seemed to lack skills and pull it out by being the stronger guy, N'dam pretty much won every round he wasn't dropped in. I agree Martinez might never get back to good form, I don't know how anyone could be confident otherwise going by the Murray fight, that wasn't the same guy who fought Pavlik or Williams.

Pirog has had some bad back injury that's kept him out forever, last I heard he was merely hoping to comeback and that was last year or something. It's a shame, he really did look great against Jacobs imo, very clever, tough style.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pirog has injuries... he was old when he got into the game, even though he's skilled. Some people age more quickly than others. Not everyone can be a B-Hop.

Quillin just isn't graceful. Don't mistake lack of grace and fight smoothness with ability... sure, it looks good to look good. But some people just are fighters- Quillin is a fighter.

JCC Sr. wasn't that graceful. He was just a winner. Felix Trinidad wasn't graceful. In fact, Quillin has more grace at this stage than Trinidad had at this particular stage. The only thing Trinidad had was a sweeping left hook that he learned to refine over the years. But in terms of footwork, ring movement, slipping punches and to some extent, CONSISTENT COUNTER-PUNCHING, he was always lack luster.

Hidden Content

Thread Information