Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  42
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Joshua promises to bring back aggressive style against Alexander Povetkin

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua promises to bring back aggressive style against Alexander Povetkin

I'm glad you are the judge of what's spamming or trolling is because I don't think that's what I'm doing. Just get on with your posting man and post whatever you want I don't tell you what to post I wouldn't care if you posted the same thing 10 times in a row

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua promises to bring back aggressive style against Alexander Povetkin

Tyson in the prime of his life? GTFO, he wasted that, turned into a fat, drugged out, depressed slob, and retired rather than face his doping ban.

We really don't know what he had left at this stage, it's great he's getting the weight down but it's debatable if Tyson should even be considered a top 10 heavy at this stage.

If Wilder or Tyson were set to face Povetkin next, it would be considered a huge risk for both of them. As Fenster and myself have mentioned, we both consider Povetkin a current top 3 heavyweight. If AJ should lose, there's no shame in losing to another top contender, but if he wins he deserves the same credit for defeating a top contender. His 2nd straight top 10 contender in a row. No one else has been brave enough to post where they currently rate Povetkin.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    AJ might make the mistake of feeling the pressure of 2 back to back fights where he hasn't looked good and play right into Povetkins hands getting suckered into a phone box fight.
    To be honest if he can't beat an ageing and steroid free Povetkin then he's not what we thought he was.
    I personally think AJ is gonna absolutely destroy Povetkin inside 6 rounds by a Brutal KO.
    He'll be seriously pissed off about his range rover still πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ˜Ž
    Wow that's a great analysis.

Wow.

I think mine was better though and I think that Little Tony is a hype job, fighting 39 year olds and oh wait a 41 year old fighter before that.

Meanwhile Deontay Wilder is fighting a giant of a man in the absolute prime of his career in Tyson Fury.

So who's the pussy?

Nobody mentioned Pussy did they?
    Just you trolling the shit out of anything Joshua over and over.
    People use the word trolling too much to describe when people criticize a topic. I am criticizing Anthony Joshua. I believe he is overhyped. I believe he is no different than a Frank Bruno or a Michael Grant. I believe two out of his last three opponents well over the hill in Wladimir Klitschko and now this thirty-nine-year-old povetkin. I believe he is a managed and pampered fighter and will not make it outside of his little circle. I just call it criticizing

I'll give you this however: I am such an avid and rabid boxing fan that I should have kept that type of criticism to a one shot deal. I probably have mentioned it too many times so for my redundancy I will agree with you, I should have kept my one vicious and rabbit criticism of Anthony Joshua 2 a minimum and not gone so vehemently into multiple criticisms

I will not criticize Anthony Joshua anymore
    Have to bud it just sticks out...weren't you just comparing Deontay Wilder to Michael Grant a couple of weeks ago until we agreed he was a more complete fighter with stiffer comp . Poor ol Grant doesn't even realize the legacy he has left.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Worth remembering of course that at a certain level, it's hard work knocking over someone that doesn't want to be knocked over. Compound that with a couple of great chins and anyone would struggle. Despite a few brief glimpses of aggression, Takam and Parker didn't want to fight.

Provided he gets the W the Povetkin fight is win win for Joshua. He either chins Povetkin in which case he's a monster again. Or, he controls him in a snoozer, beats his chest roaring "SCIENCE" and waits a few years to be called a genius like Lewis was for staying 10 feet away from Tua at all times.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would rank povetkin at number five just now. I have followed his career for some time and he's one of my favourites but I think the last few fights(hammer, price and rudenko) he is looking less vicious and a bit slower which would make sense and he is 39 soon :S... I'd rank joshua Wilder whyte and fury ahead of povetkin, not on boxing skills but more due to their youth and height advantages... Povetkins never really been that hard to hit either so I think this older version will not have a good time with joshua and I would tip Wilders to KO him too. Fury is just too tall and older povetkin would be smothered to a wide decision.. Povetkin would have a chance to beat anybody though, he had a great amateur career and is still at the top of the pros after all these years.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    I would rank povetkin at number five just now. I have followed his career for some time and he's one of my favourites but I think the last few fights(hammer, price and rudenko) he is looking less vicious and a bit slower which would make sense and he is 39 soon :S... I'd rank joshua Wilder whyte and fury ahead of povetkin, not on boxing skills but more due to their youth and height advantages... Povetkins never really been that hard to hit either so I think this older version will not have a good time with joshua and I would tip Wilders to KO him too. Fury is just too tall and older povetkin would be smothered to a wide decision.. Povetkin would have a chance to beat anybody though, he had a great amateur career and is still at the top of the pros after all these years.
    Good Post, top 5 guy, that's still a pretty solid opponent.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Memphis

"POUND HIS CHEST AND YELL 'SCIENCE'*

BWAAAAHAHAHA FUCKING BWAAAAHAHAHA THAT HAS TO BE THE FUNNIEST FUCKING LINE I'VE READ IN WEEKS, I PICTURE KING KONG ON THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING POUNDING HIS CHEST, SCREAMING "SCIENCE!!!!". BWAAAAHAHAHA πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight is one as well in case anyone forgot. Tickets have not sold as well as expected.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This fight is one as well in case anyone forgot.
    Huh?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Huh?
    Master has gone mad, sticky it a week early

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Huh?
    Better early than late.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Huh?
    Better early than late.
    The mantra of his marriage HAHAHAHA

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any style from AJ at this point in Povetkin's career should be enough to stop him before the 8th.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm really looking forward to this one - may even pay for it !

Think AJ will come out on top with some rocky moments along the way. Povetkin is dangerous with a decent boxing brain. Wouldn't be surprised if he pulls off the upset.

But yes would like to see an aggressive AJ.

Any idea how many tickets sold so far ?
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I think Joshua is robotic too. Put him in there with someone awkward and can punch and keep punching and he is in deep waters. He is fine when it is measured and orthodox, it makes him look in control.

Boxers say a lot of things. Thing is if he can just turn on and off this 'aggressive' style then why turn it off for an entire year? He will do what he can to try and win the fight and I can't blame him. You get reckless and you will likely get caught, so I get it. I think he fights the way he does for a reason. He is hardly Joe Calzaghe.
    Turn it off for a year? He was aggressive against Takam. He just didn't offer much of a target to hit. Uses his jab for one fight and he's suddenly become cautious
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Thread Information