Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Against all my sound reasoning I think hatton can pull off an upset

i dont really get this myself but.... uk guys im with you on this one, for some reason i keep seeing hatton fight floyd like a piston like he did knsta zyu, smothering and just throwing punches while floyds stays on the ropes with his side turned and that glove up in the air, if castillo could fight like that i think hatton who is better could fight like that and much better, i THINK hatton can win a decison

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Against all my sound reasoning I think hatton can pull off an upset

De La Hoya tried to use that straight ahead stuff, and once he stopped jabbing his way in, he was getting countered. Ricky has to pull something spectacular like a huge body shot. Make it a war like Emmanuel Augustus did, he was all over Floyd smothering him the whole fight, he was cornering Floyd left and right. Not just coming forward you gotta jog almost, if he can get Floyd in the corner thats where he should want to do his best work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    De La Hoya tried to use that straight ahead stuff, and once he stopped jabbing his way in, he was getting countered.
    Which is why Hatton has very little chance of winning. The only way to bother Floyd is with a long jab. Hatton has short arms and absolutely no jab whatsoever. Floyd will counter him all night long.

People are going to bring up the Castillo fight, but that was over 5 years ago and has very little relevance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    De La Hoya tried to use that straight ahead stuff, and once he stopped jabbing his way in, he was getting countered.
    Which is why Hatton has very little chance of winning. The only way to bother Floyd is with a long jab. Hatton has short arms and absolutely no jab whatsoever. Floyd will counter him all night long.

People are going to bring up the Castillo fight, but that was over 5 years ago and has very little relevance.
    Look Ricky has a chance but only a slim one. He needs to get in a good punch early that shakes Floyd otherwise i see him losing a UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with everyone, but as far as delahoy is concerned when he delahoya jabbed he owned floyd i dont get while he stopped throwing it... he said after the fight it wasnt a jab kinda fight, well that cost you the night oscar you have a great jab and it was nullyfying floyds speed, but to be honest floyd backe dinto the ropes alot in the fight and did little countering so he wasnt all that effective either i still say delahoy lost that fight and it was not by much...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacdog
    i dont really get this myself but.... uk guys im with you on this one, for some reason i keep seeing hatton fight floyd like a piston like he did knsta zyu, smothering and just throwing punches while floyds stays on the ropes with his side turned and that glove up in the air, if castillo could fight like that i think hatton who is better could fight like that and much better, i THINK hatton can win a decison
    And I THINK you need to stop sniffing glue and go back to therapy.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    LOL, I think Hatton has a chance, But I think it be a boxing clinic with PBF stopping the Hit-Man on cuts(Brutally)
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeof74
    LOL, I think Hatton has a chance, But I think it be a boxing clinic with PBF stopping the Hit-Man on cuts(Brutally)
    And I think he has a {small}chance, but I am in exact agreement with your opinion of the outcome of this fight. Brutal face surgery without anasthetic.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeof74
    And I think he has a {small}chance, but I am in exact agreement with your opinion of the outcome of this fight. Brutal face surgery without anasthetic.
    you know it
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky Hatton has a chance i agree with this , i think he my get stood on his head by Mayweather but i think his style if fought perfectly could pull off an upset .
    65% - 35% in favour of Mayweather but 35% chance is not inconceivable that Ricky can win. But he does deserve the chance to try.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

funny if i someone else would normally post what i said id say the same, I just for some reason have feeling

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like hatton, but in just my opinion he is just way overmatched here....floyd is faster, has better "D", smarter, just so many things, ricky has the heart and all that stuff but skill wise i don't see any advantages for hatton. I keep trying to convince myself and hope this is going to be a good fight, but i just don't see it.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive been thinking about it and Ricky may have some advantages in this fight and may be effective at 147. First off, after thinking about the Collazo fight Ricky showed 2 things. 1. He didnt lose much at that weight asdide from any size advantage. He still had the workrate and his punches still looks good 2. He didnt look bad against Collazo because the fight was at welterweight, he looked bad against Collazo because Collazo is a southpaw, a slick fast southpaw. Ricky has always had issues against southpaws. Magee exposed this weakness in Ricky but he has improved since. Still he has some issues with them. Ricky may have never fought someone like Floyd, but Floyd has yet to fight someone who doesnt give him space since fighting Castillo. Ricky can take Floyd out of his comfort zone and he can make him fight a fight that his style cant adapt to imo. Floyd lays on the ropes more since leaving lightweight. Oscar tried to get to him there but he was mostly headhunting and often finding that Floyd was able to slip. If Ricky headhunts when he has Floyd on the ropes, I doubt he can hit him at all, but he can work his body and wear him down while also scoring points.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

ICB Guest

Hatton was bad style match up for Tszyu in the past Tszyu got beaten the same way by Vince Phillips doesn't mean he could beat Mayweather because Mayweather is better inside fighter than Tszyu and people keep bringing up the 1st Castillo fight but forget they had a rematch and Mayweather totally outboxed Castillo and they also forget to mention Jesus Chavez fight where Chavez used very similar tactics as Hatton and was near enough same height and Chavez was badly picked apart and i feel that will happen to Hatton.

De La Hoya tried to use that straight ahead stuff, and once he stopped jabbing his way in, he was getting countered. Ricky has to pull something spectacular like a huge body shot. Make it a war like Emmanuel Augustus did, he was all over Floyd smothering him the whole fight, he was cornering Floyd left and right. Not just coming forward you gotta jog almost, if he can get Floyd in the corner thats where he should want to do his best work

Augustus made it a war but it was still a very one sided fight and Mayweather has improved since that and you mention Oscar stopped using his jab maybe because he run out of steam like he has done in the past ?? or maybe Mayweather stopped him from using the jab because Mayweather did rock Oscar De La Hoya a few times and Mayweather could have made him more cautious with the jab ?? it doesn't really matter because Hatton hasn't got the advantages Oscar De La Hoya had.

Ive been thinking about it and Ricky may have some advantages in this fight and may be effective at 147. First off, after thinking about the Collazo fight Ricky showed 2 things. 1. He didnt lose much at that weight asdide from any size advantage. He still had the workrate and his punches still looks good 2. He didnt look bad against Collazo because the fight was at welterweight,

What Ricky showed me in that fight is that he had big problems with speed and also that he couldn't bully Collazo like he had done at Jr Welterweight and i thought Hatton's punches looked quite sloppy they didn't have any snap on them and he didn't really rock or hurt Collazo at any time in the fight but i see Hatton getting rocked by Collazo's punches who is considered a light hitter at Welterweight.

he looked bad against Collazo because Collazo is a southpaw, a slick fast southpaw. Ricky has always had issues against southpaws. Magee exposed this weakness in Ricky but he has improved since. Still he has some issues with them. Ricky may have never fought someone like Floyd, but Floyd has yet to fight someone who doesnt give him space since fighting Castillo.

Hatton looked bad because of the speed aswell not just Collazo being southpaw Mayweather has fought plenty of fighters who had good power and tried to swarm him aka Ndou, Castillo, Chavez, so Mayweather will know what to expect on the other hand Collazo was the first fast fighter Hatton had fought so Mayweather will be better prepared.

Ricky can take Floyd out of his comfort zone and he can make him fight a fight that his style cant adapt to imo. Floyd lays on the ropes more since leaving lightweight. Oscar tried to get to him there but he was mostly headhunting and often finding that Floyd was able to slip. If Ricky headhunts when he has Floyd on the ropes, I doubt he can hit him at all, but he can work his body and wear him down while also scoring points.

What do you mean a style Mayweather can't adapt to ?? if he couldn't adapt to swarming styles he wouldn't of won 2nd Castillo fight or the fight with Jesus Chavez Mayweather does stay on the ropes but not as much as what your saying and im sure Mayweather will repeat the tactic he used in 2nd Castillo fight and thats keeping the fight in the middle of the ring and when Hatton trys to get him to the ropes circle around Hatton and get the fight back in the middle of the ring thats something Mayweather done very well in 2nd Castillo fight and you will see it in his fight with Hatton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castillo didn't just come forward... If you watch he countered effectively, and he used a lot of head movement, regardless of that Mayweather was injured, and it showed because he totally nullified Castillo in the rematch... Also Castillo had a great chin to take Mayweather's punches and keep on coming, lets see how Hatton doesn't after getting countered hard for a few rounds. Floyd is faster, and better than anyone Hatton has foughten, and he has foughten every time of opposition... Hatton however hasn't foughten somebody like Mayweather. Against Oscar it was Mayweather's plan to stay on the ropes a few times every round... even Roger was telling him that early on, because they wanted to tire Oscar out... If Mayweather wanted to he could have stayed off the ropes almost the whole fight like he did against Corrales. I thought Oscar jab was effective to a degree, but it still hardly landed(under 20%, and like 40 of them landed over 12 rounds) Now a big part of Hatton's game is getting in, and Mayweather is quick of foot it will be hard for him to get in without getting countered, and Mayweather more punishing puncher than Collazo despite him being naturally smaller.

Thread Information