Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It took Floyd 30 minutes to go over whether or not he wanted to fight Manny.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talking It took Floyd 30 minutes to go over whether or not he wanted to fight Manny.

YouTube - For The Record Manny says YES!

It took Manny less than 2 seconds to respond.

Time to play Duck Duck Goose!

YouTube - Duck Duck Goose Game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It took Floyd 30 minutes to go over whether or not he wanted to fight Manny.

Did Manny break his hand against Cotto? Is that a black cast he is wearing or is it a black brace?

Sydney, Australia. Originally from Canada.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It took Floyd 30 minutes to go over whether or not he wanted to fight Manny.

When Roach is wanting a 60-40 split and ANOTHER match at his favorite catch weight of 145, I can't really say I blame Floyd.

Manny has been given EVERY concession over the past few years. Shit, why don't we let him win the heavyweight belts at 145? Make him new belts in diamonds and every precious stone?

Still, the question lingers. Can he beat Floyd at 147 (in the near future)? Not a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBranMan View Post
    When Roach is wanting a 60-40 split and ANOTHER match at his favorite catch weight of 145, I can't really say I blame Floyd.

Manny has been given EVERY concession over the past few years. Shit, why don't we let him win the heavyweight belts at 145? Make him new belts in diamonds and every precious stone?

Still, the question lingers. Can he beat Floyd at 147 (in the near future)? Not a chance.
    Manny is the king right, he is the head lion, why shouldn't he get the lion's share?

Floyd was only getting the Lion's share when he was king but he gave up that privilege when he went into hiding. Floyd has been campaigning as a welter weight for nearly 5 years, tell me/us when was the last time Floyd faced a real welter weight?

ooooppss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by *********** View Post

Manny is the king right, he is the head lion, why shouldn't he get the lion's share?

Floyd was only getting the Lion's share when he was king but he gave up that privilege when he went into hiding. Floyd has been campaigning as a welter weight for nearly 5 years, tell me/us when was the last time Floyd faced a real welter weight?

ooooppss.
    Hiding? lol, is there a rule that says you can't take a break from the sport? At least he isn't creating his own belts and demanding catch weights to everyone. He fought oscar at 154 (that's super ww or junior middleweight in case you didn't know), and didn't demand that Oscar weight-drain himself so that he could look good. Floyd fights real boxing matches, pacquiao wins popularity contests. Enough said.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ooooppss.
    Baldomir, he was the monstor of the division at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ooooppss.
    Hiding? lol, is there a rule that says you can't take a break from the sport? At least he isn't creating his own belts and demanding catch weights to everyone. He fought oscar at 154 (that's super ww or junior middleweight in case you didn't know), and didn't demand that Oscar weight-drain himself so that he could look good. Floyd fights real boxing matches, pacquiao wins popularity contests. Enough said.
    He went into hiding prime. Did not want to fight any real welter weights. Hid behind the WWE and Dancing with the stars these were scheduled events when fighters like Cotto, Margarito, Williams had opened calendars. Coincidences? NOT! It was ducking at it's best. So he faced De La Hoya an old de la hoya who had trouble with little stevie forbes. Floyd did nothing to ODLH while Manny beat ODLH up and down and all around the ring from the opening bell. Weight is not an issue for Floyd so why should you concern yourself with this. Manny started fighting pro at about 99 pounds soaking wet and wearing boots. Manny has just started to move up. Floyd had been at 140 and above for nearly 6 years.

Weight should never be an issue for some one who runs.

Just watch Haye vs BigFoot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ooooppss.
    1.Did Pac create the belt
    2.Floyd would never need to demand a catchweight, he had no bargaining power in the Oscar fight. Unless you wanted Oscar to come in fucked like he did Pac.
    3.Oscar is his ONLY fight above his weight (unless your gonna try convince me like many PBF fans he is still a natural 130lb fighter and every fight above that he is at a weight dis-advantage. He would not even drop a couple of pounds to fight a fucking lightweight, real, REAL boxing matches huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post

ooooppss.
    1.Did Pac create the belt
    2.Floyd would never need to demand a catchweight, he had no bargaining power in the Oscar fight. Unless you wanted Oscar to come in fucked like he did Pac.
    3.Oscar is his ONLY fight above his weight (unless your gonna try convince me like many PBF fans he is still a natural 130lb fighter and every fight above that he is at a weight dis-advantage. He would not even drop a couple of pounds to fight a fucking lightweight, real, REAL boxing matches huh?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It took Floyd 30 minutes to go over whether or not he wanted to fight Manny.

I doubt it. This was no off-the-cuff interview. It took time for them to it set up and I'm absolutely positive Mayweather reviewed it and signed off on it, because it's intentionally has negotiation points. It is completely premeditated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post

I doubt it. This was no off-the-cuff interview. It took time for them to it set up and I'm absolutely positive Mayweather reviewed it and signed off on it, because it's intentionally has negotiation points. It is completely premeditated.
    Considering Manny just got out of his truck with his boys and his father, I don't see how this was set up. Floyd on the other hand, his interview was probably much longer than what we saw because there are transitions in the original broadcast which suggests, cuts and edits.

Manny does all his talking inside the ring. Floyd enjoys hearing himself talk non sense and is the king of contradictions. Manny, short and sweet and to the point For the record, YES! No excuses, no ducking, no dodging, just a simple yes will suffice. Thank you Manny

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So he faced De La Hoya an old de la hoya who had trouble with little stevie forbes. Floyd did nothing to ODLH while Manny beat ODLH up and down and all around the ring from the opening bell

You just said Floyd faced an old ODLH, add to that a weight-drained aaaaaand old ODLH and would you still admire Pac for that win?

Weight is not an issue for Floyd so why should you concern yourself with this. Manny started fighting pro at about 99 pounds soaking wet and wearing boots

Pac was 106 pounds when he was a teenager so as Floyd.

Weight should never be an issue for someone who runs

Someone who "runs", and shows superb defense, footwork, speed in his punches, accuracy, stamina, etc. So would you suggest him to stand toe-to-toe in his fights? It might make fans happy but it is not necessarily a smart fight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post

Considering Manny just got out of his truck with his boys and his father, I don't see how this was set up. Floyd on the other hand, his interview was probably much longer than what we saw because there are transitions in the original broadcast which suggests, cuts and edits.

Manny does all his talking inside the ring. Floyd enjoys hearing himself talk non sense and is the king of contradictions. Manny, short and sweet and to the point For the record, YES! No excuses, no ducking, no dodging, just a simple yes will suffice. Thank you Manny
    Not Manny's response, Floyd's interview! It took a lot longer than 30 mins and had to be planed ahead of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would there be any of this 145 talk if, say, Berto or even Mosley decided that weight was easier to make?

Pacquiao fans, put all bias aside and say that boxing isn't corrupt. That little voice inside your head, yea, that's the truth speaking to you.

You can talk all day and night about how Floyd is an a$$hole and how he didn't need to retire for those couple years, but at the end of the day we all know exactly how a fight between MW and Pac would look. Two words: Boxing Clinic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ooooppss.
    You must be really stupid if you didnt know that Oscar was calling ALL the shots in his fight with Mayweather. Floyd took the fight for his biggest payday ever at the time. Oscar also called all the shots with the Pacquiao fight too including the weight limit. Pac took the fight for his biggest payday at the time as well. So if you want to fight the guy who is going to give you your biggest payday then he gets to call the shots. If not then dont take the fight and the money!

Thread Information