Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saddam Ali v the Mexican fellow they tried to get in to replace Canelo against ggg.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Saddam Ali v the Mexican fellow they tried to get in to replace Canelo against ggg.

No thread for HBO's amazing card to rival lomachenko v linares.... Shocking!.

Watching on delay of course due to weird Canadian cable west coast delay.

Vargas v... Errrr how the Dickens do I spell that name, its like maritosayan but worse :S.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddam Ali v the Mexican fellow they tried to get in to replace Canelo against gg

Vargas was looking pretty good in the first round and then vanes second cousin lands a good punch and stuns him bad... Who wins that round.. Who knows! 1-0 for honawhatevr

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddam Ali v the Mexican fellow they tried to get in to replace Canelo against gg

So far this is a really fun fight, vargas looks good but homovesian keeps coming and is getting to vargas, vargas plays silly games too and drops his hands, gets hit... Good body shots from vargas... I drank 12 cans of beer so I can see around 100 letters when trying to read vargas opponents name... Good fight though.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

(spoiler)

All the GGG haters and people complaining about Muniga being his opponent will be gutted if they're bothered to watch this.

How the funk the Ring prospect of the year was deemed not worthy by Nevada to face GGG is ridiculous. Ali ain't no great shake shakes but still... for a man that beat Cotto he shouldn't have even been in the ring with the massive Mexican puncher.
    Last edited by Fenster; 05-14-2018 at 12:30 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

End of third round here(I know the fight is actually over)... It's a good one, vargas looks to be the more skilled guy and he starts the rounds off well but his opponent keeps coming and lands good ones in the third minute of the round, I have to think vargas will wear him down and he will run out of energy but still vargas is getting hit well.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vargas opponent's name is spelt - Billy Goat Leaping Left Hooker.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Vargas opponent's name is spelt - Billy Goat Leaping Left Hooker.
    Bloody hell that's almost as bad as his real name....

Vargas is looking good at times but then the fellow with heavy eyebrows is hitting him good later on in the rounds. No idea on the score cards, I think it should be fairly even.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's sort of funny(actually not really humorous at all) that soviet fellow has a few defeats and not so many wins, compared to vargas, the soviet looks to be a mug on paper but this git Is pretty good.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you're listening to Max, Jim and Roy... Vargas is Juan Manuel Marquez (he knows Nacho Beristan) and Azat is Gatti (he's a crowd pleaser who gets punched in the face a lot).

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Azat is a solid little tough guy but Vargas is a really poor "world" champ, especially being an undefeated Mexican and all. The guy is getting mullered against anyone a bit decent (i've been losing money betting against him since he scrapped past Gavin McDonnel, probably will go through his career unbeaten).

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    If you're listening to Max, Jim and Roy... Vargas is Juan Manuel Marquez (he knows Nacho Beristan) and Azat is Gatti (he's a crowd pleaser who gets punched in the face a lot).
    I am listening to them... And they do mention nacho a lot :S....

I am sure vargas height and reach has helped him before but the Armenian chap is really getting past it, maybe he's not a great but it makes for fun watching, I have enjoyed this fight. Last round being shown here now,.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh dear 118 for vargas.... I didn't think so, maybe I'm drunk but I think the areminian gave a good account of himself and was certainly close to winning.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh dear Ali is down int the first round.... Munguia landed a good hook to the body too just before the knockdown..... Did hbo set up poor sadam Ali for a KO here... Down for a second time... Ali upset someone by beating cotto.... Munguia is very big.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sadam should ask Curtis Stevens to stop holding the belt and jump in with a steel chair here or something.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Poor Ali he is down again at the end of the second round, he had a bit of success there but munguia is just way bigger and stronger.

Thread Information