Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Nice read about Antonio Margarito

ESPN - Margarito's chance to share spotlight comes against Cotto - Boxing

Tell you what guys I didnt jump on the Tijuana Tornado's bandwagon for anything other than admiration for Margarito. I just feel he is poised to derail the Cotto express..

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Nice read about Antonio Margarito

Although some of you might see Tony as the Pavlik of the Welter Weight Division, and I will be the first to admit that there are some similarities, but Tony choked against Williams, barley got past an injured Clottey was rocked and rolled by Santos who was knocked out by a welter weight in Kofi Jantuah, I just don't see Tony beating Cotto. Cintron relies on brute force and has no plan b. Tony can box but also relies on brute force and hardly ever uses a plan b. Cotto the smaller, smarter, quicker fighter will win this one in what might be a war of wars. If there is a change in Tony's style, I think he might have a better chance. Tony might have the punchers chance. This fight will determine wether or not Cotto has a questionable chin or not. On July 26th., a lot of questions will be answered.
    Last edited by SigmaMu; 05-28-2008 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Cotto dosent get his chin checked in this fight by Margarito at least once, than the whole chinny theory will definetly be put the rest...

Unfortunately your not got use a tank to deliver ice cream in the neighborhood, just like you cant expect Tony to do any different than what he does and thats steamrole ahead like a Firestorm If Cotto can box smart and keep Tony out of rythm he wins Cotto has to stay away from the ropes, but if he tries to dig in and war he is a goner, Cotto is a warrior and when rocked he retaliates instead of holding and buying time, if Tony clips him then the whirlwind will keep coming and stop him..

I keep going back to how Cotto let off the gas when he couldnt break down Shane and it even looked like Mosely was digging to the body better.. Cotto did a great job of Boxing off the back foot but chances are if Cotto hasnt broken down Margarito and goes backward then Cotto will have paid the price himself and might get swallowed up in the Tornado..

TO me this is an outstanding fight, and whomever wins is certainly the king of the Welters. If Floyd wants to keep his ring belt than he must fight the winner of this fight after he beats Delahoya again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    ESPN - Margarito's chance to share spotlight comes against Cotto - Boxing

Tell you what guys I didnt jump on the Tijuana Tornado's bandwagon for anything other than admiration for Margarito. I just feel he is poised to derail the Cotto express..
    I've never ever agreed with you until now. cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight between Cotto vs Margaro will be one of the Great fight in this summer , without doubt...........
    Cotto is a boxer with a lot of technicals resourses , to me Judah and Mosley was the best that Cotto had face though , were not at the same level , but we cant take off merits to Cotto , we know that Margaro hit hard , but to me he is not in the Peak of his Career , i think that Margaro needs more maturity and technicals skills for defeat Cotto.....................
    Although i know that he has shown that he will comes with everything and Cotto is vulnerable to the uppercuts , but im sure that Cotto know like us what is the Margaro weakness , though boxing ............

Lets see what would happen in that fight...............
    Last edited by Macho; 05-29-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post
    This fight between Cotto vs Margaro will be one of the Great fight in this summer , without doubt...........
    Cotto is a boxer with a lot of technicals resourses , to me Judah and Mosley was the best that Cotto had face though , were not at the same level , but we cant take off merits to Cotto , we know that Margaro hit hard , but to me he is not in the Peak of his Career , i think that Margaro needs more maturity and technicals skills for defeat Cotto.....................
    Although i know that he has shown that he will comes with everything and Cotto is vulnerable to the uppercuts , but im sure that Cotto know like us what is the Margaro weakness , though boxing ............

Margo has been a pro for 15 years, so to say he hasnt peak yet, might be a little off dude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post

To beat cotto you have to dominate him early on when he is particularly vulnerable.

Judah, torres and mosley all badly hurt cotto early on in their fights but all failed to exploit the opportunity to hurt him bad and by 3-4 cotto will always be at full steam and start hurting you with that overhand left.

If marg can land with something big between rounds 1-3 i genuinely give him a chance as he has it in him to go toe to toe with cotto for the rest of the fight!!

Thread Information