Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Andrade can retire undefeated at 40 and 0 IF....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Andrade can retire undefeated at 40 and 0 IF....

... he plays his cards right, wait to fight GGG at the tail end of GGGs career, and dispatch the Charlo Bros before they get too much confidence in themselves.

Andrade can be the next 40 and 0 star to demand attention. He has it.... Skillwise he matches up against anyone. He wants the fights, he looks durable and in addition he wants LEGACY. You can't make a guy want LEGACY.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andrade can retire undefeated at 40 and 0 IF....

He's got his work cut out for him at 160. I'm not even sure he gets past Murata let alone guys like Jermall, Saunders, Jacobs or Derevyanchenko.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It seems to me hbo is just shipping Andrade in for the opponent role. It'll be very interesting to see how they match him next. I honestly struggle to see him beating Jermall Charlo or Jacobs let alone getting a fight with Golovkin. At 29 and averaging just 1 fight every 8-10 months since stepping up vs Vanes I'll eat my shoes if he ever gets near 40-0. Maybe Alantez Fox has 15 brothers .

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    It seems to me hbo is just shipping Andrade in for the opponent role. It'll be very interesting to see how they match him next. I honestly struggle to see him beating Jermall Charlo or Jacobs let alone getting a fight with Golovkin. At 29 and averaging just 1 fight every 8-10 months since stepping up vs Vanes I'll eat my shoes if he ever gets near 40-0. Maybe Alantez Fox has 15 brothers .

Let's look at it: He is not shop worn, he can box, he doesn't have any bad habits, making weight does not seem to be an issue for him AND he can actually wears very, very well.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn’t he drop his first belt at 140 to not fight Charlo?

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    He turned down a career-high $550,000 purse offered to him to defend the belt against Jermell Charlo then was subsequently stripped of the WBO 154 pound title. Apparently Roc Nation executives promised to pay him $550,000 to refuse to participate in the Charlo bout, and Andrade rejected the Showtime deal.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

Let's look at it: He is not shop worn, he can box, he doesn't have any bad habits, making weight does not seem to be an issue for him AND he can actually wears very, very well.
    Jumping weight for a short fix to get 'name' fights is a bad habit to me . The house is stacked at 154 and I think he had work to do and would have faired much better. He does have skills but the caliber of opponent and size, ideally, will only get deeper for him.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jumping weight for a short fix to get 'name' fights is a bad habit to me . The house is stacked at 154 and I think he had work to do and would have faired much better. He does have skills but the caliber of opponent and size, ideally, will only get deeper for him.
    To be fair Lara seemed in no hurry to make that fight. Seems strange to me tho that now the path was clear that he chose to vacate and move up. Maybe he thought he'd miss out on the Lara fight due to unification's.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

To be fair Lara seemed in no hurry to make that fight. Seems strange to me tho that now the path was clear that he chose to vacate and move up. Maybe he thought he'd miss out on the Lara fight due to unification's.
    Thought he was talking Andrade up earlier in month? Being honest stylistically Lara v Andrade isn't setting seats on fire but Andrade would have had some leverage it seems based on Hurd-Charlo talked about and Lara putting fans to sleep vs Gausha. Lara must step it up now. I still don't think network positioned him as 'main event' so much as they wanted him last on air.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The WBA is all shit. There was no need to approve the Gausha fight, especially after Foreman. Should have forced the fight with Andrade.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He turned down a career-high $550,000 purse offered to him to defend the belt against Jermell Charlo then was subsequently stripped of the WBO 154 pound title. Apparently Roc Nation executives promised to pay him $550,000 to refuse to participate in the Charlo bout, and Andrade rejected the Showtime deal.
    Not sure how I wrote 140 haha

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure how I wrote 140 haha
    I always blame auto correct on my phone. Works great for incorrect predictions too. This putting it out there ahead of the start of our contest.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information