530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Wlad that lost to AJ would've crushed Fury like a cheap tin can

First things first.

YESSSS!!!

Finally!!! A heavyweight fight worth watching!! F*ck yeah!!! People can get excited about the division again. @Freedom !! Your dogged support of your HW thread has paid off at last!! Damn!... that was a good fight!!

Sorry... I'll stop with the double exclamation marks now. I'm just happy as shit.

@El Kabong ..... wherever you are. Hold your head up high. Wlad won more fans in a losing effort tonight than he ever won in his previous 10 years of fighting. He fought like a MAN this time. No fouling... no clinching. He went out and gave AJ a run for his money. He had AJ in trouble, and had AJ not reacted like the champ he is, Wlad would've pulled off the upset.

Which brings me to the point of this thread. Had Wlad fought Fury like he fought AJ, he would've crushed him like a cheap tin can. The Wlad that fought Fury was meek... scared... gun-shy. Pissed me off (again). But against AJ, Wlad came out firing. Using his potent jab... using his boxing skills to keep AJ at bay some of the time. He came off the canvas (thousand kudos to him for that) to put down AJ in the very next round.

DAMN... what a fight!!!

I don't think Wlad can win a rematch with AJ, but I think Wlad can beat either Fury or Wilder at this point in time.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Wlad that lost to AJ would've crushed Fury like a cheap tin can

I enjoyed the fight so much on Showtime.... now I'm watching the replay on HBO. Gives me a chance to compare the commentary.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a great fight but I don't care for a rematch. Wlad is old and Joshua is inexperienced. AJ would beat him more easily next time. Don't want to see it.

AJ showed heart which was great. He definitely got winded and showed a lack of experience in the mid rounds. He needs to learn to hold. I know I'm in the minority, but I may pick Wilder to beat AJ at this point. Both are decent fighters that lack elite skill. It would be a great fight though and would probably be the most excited I've been about a HW fight in years. We will see if it happens though.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree AJ should win the rematch easier with the experience he gained he will be better and would stop Wlad earlier. I do not think Wlad could get back to that level again and certainly not enough to beat an improved AJ.

AJ would beat Wilder as he is a far superior boxer. Wilder has a punchers chance but if AJ gets caught with those windmills then he deserve a slap.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fact is this: The best ever version of Fury won a razor thin decision against the worst ever version of Wlad. Wlad hardly through a right hand in 12 rounds. Any other version of Wlad smokes Fury.

Fact 2: Last night was one of the best versions of Wlad I have seen, he hasn't fought like that for 15 years.

Not so much a fact: Despite showing amazing heart and that he can go into the late rounds, I still think AJ is massively overrated and will get sparked at some stage. I guess eh is lucky that the HW division is only marginally better than it has been for the past 15 years, i.e that he doesn't have to face a Vitali, Lennox, Holyfield, Bower etc.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dunno why he gained more fans, he was in shape, he gave it a go but as soon as any half decent punches came at him he threw himself on the floor
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    I dunno why he gained more fans, he was in shape, he gave it a go but as soon as any half decent punches came at him he threw himself on the floor
    Were you watching the same fight?

Wlad was on his toes, attacking, put down AJ, did not show his old age, excellent jab and great heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah great going forward , clearly had put the effort in a wanted to win

Just bottled it when punches came back

Did aj even land in the first knock down?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He certainly landed in the 11th. That was a brutal array of punches he took.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has been a crap champ, style based on holding and home advantage

As a boxing fan I dunno how anyone can be happy with his reign, it's been aweful

And finally it's over, thank fuck

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a boxing fan I dunno how anyone can be happy with his reign, it's been aweful

Agree. Laughable to have him top 10 Greatest HW of all time. Best win is against Sam Peter and there are at least 50 HW's in history that would've beaten him (Peter)
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

He landed a couple in the 11th, uppercut was good

Name me a significant hw champ ever that wouldn't have weathered that

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad could be back and if he fights like he did last night then it will be good.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Won't it'll be shit, throws himself on the floor anytime he fights anyone who throws punches back

Only way he'll beat them is if the fight is in Germany and he's allowed to hold like fuck

Sounds shit to me , just like the last 10 years

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

He landed a couple in the 11th, uppercut was good

Name me a significant hw champ ever that wouldn't have weathered that
    Very few maybe Vitali, Foreman or Ali but not many more.

Thread Information