Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Shane Mosley in Australia helping out Billy Dib - Video

"Sugar" Shane Mosley is here in Australia helping Billy Dib prepare for his july 30 fight against Zolani Marali for the vacant IBO super featherweight title in Newcastle on the Anthony Mundine V Crazy Kim card. Shane talks about meeting Billy and signing him with GBP. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2dSO-xvc7Y
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shane Mosley in Australia helping out Billy Dib - Video

I like Dib, but he still has some work to do.
    I like that he's sitting more on his punches now compared to before where he was all show.
    SSM thinks he's got the goods but IMO it takes more then just fast hands to be something in the boxing world.

Good step up for Dib in his next oponnent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im hoping Dib can deliver the goods. Us Aussies need some good talent coming thru.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah thanks guys. I like Dib too of course but have always been nervous watching him fight. I really hope he does well in this fight and keeps going on the up and up. It's great too that Shane has come all the way over here to help when he's preparing for his fight against Mayorga.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never heard of this kid.

But whatever happened to Robbie Peden? He was a pretty good little fighter to be fair, but after that dismal loss to Barrera I've never heard or seen from him since.

Was that his last fight? I think it was.

Why?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Never heard of this kid.

But whatever happened to Robbie Peden? He was a pretty good little fighter to be fair, but after that dismal loss to Barrera I've never heard or seen from him since.

Why?
    After the Barrera loss he got beat by journeyman renee Ganoy, and that seems to be it for the bomber.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    Never heard of this kid.

Why?
    After the Barrera loss he got beat by journeyman renee Ganoy, and that seems to be it for the bomber.
    Yeah a real shame actually. That last loss was March 2007. I heard Anjelo Hyder and Johhny Lewis on the radio over the weekend discussing Robbie. It seems he's got some personal issues and it's impacting on his career. They didn't mention any future plans for Robbie.

Hopefully you will be hearing more of Billy "The Kid" Dib though. Here's his boxrec if you haven't already checked it Billy Dib

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bikersk View Post
    Never heard of this kid.

Why?
    Yeah a real shame actually. That last loss was March 2007. I heard Anjelo Hyder and Johhny Lewis on the radio over the weekend discussing Robbie. It seems he's got some personal issues and it's impacting on his career. They didn't mention any future plans for Robbie.

Hopefully you will be hearing more of Billy "The Kid" Dib though. Here's his boxrec if you haven't already checked it Billy Dib
    Who do u reckon is better? Billy or William Kickett?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who do u reckon is better? Billy or William Kickett?
    VERY good question. William is a great prospect and also working with the great Johnny Lewis. I reckon Billy (20 - 0 11 ko's) has a bit more experience on William (11 - 0 5 ko's) at this point but both are great Aussie prospects and hopefully will see us hosting a super featherweight unification fight here in Aus. If I had to pick now I'd sayy Billy as he's more experienced. Johnny wouldn't let it happen now though. Who do you reckon?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As their are a bunch of Aussies here I'll surely get a correct answer!

Before the Mosely vs. Shannan Taylor fight, Jim Lampley stated,
    rarely will you have a fight with a boxer like Shane Mosely and a persoanlity/character like Shannan Taylor."

I understand that Taylor was a hard man from the streets, buyt what made him such a character?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post

rarely will you have a fight with a boxer like Shane Mosely and a persoanlity/character like Shannan Taylor."

I understand that Taylor was a hard man from the streets, buyt what made him such a character?
    Sorry to let you down but I don't actually know. That fight i remember relatively well. Actually a guy I work with was next to Taylor on the flight to Vegas. Anyway I think it was due to Taylors tougness and rugged attitude in the ring. He fought as hard as ever in that fight with Mosley and had people cheereing for him I think.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry to let you down but I don't actually know. That fight i remember relatively well. Actually a guy I work with was next to Taylor on the flight to Vegas. Anyway I think it was due to Taylors tougness and rugged attitude in the ring. He fought as hard as ever in that fight with Mosley and had people cheereing for him I think.
    I love that fight.
    He was the first guy I saw that legitimately hgurt Shane.
    There had been so many questions (raised by Roy Jones and George Foreman) asking what happens when Shane gets hurt.
    Well he came back to hurt taylor BADLY!

They kept going on about Taylor being a character, I really couldn't work out why really, but maybe thats because I knowm a lot of Aussies.

Taylor has a fight scheduled also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love that fight.
    There had been so many questions (raised by Roy Jones and George Foreman) asking what happens when Shane gets hurt.

They kept going on about Taylor being a character, I really couldn't work out why really, but maybe thats because I knowm a lot of Aussies.

Yeah it was a good fight. I was hoping to hell Taylor would win... O well. He's doing really well now Shannon. After the Mosley fight he went off the rails a bit and had some problems with drugs but he is fighting fit these days and often fights on the local Friday Night Fights. I have a recording of one of his recent fights, at super middle i think for the Australasian title i think. I'm really happy for him that he's now got a good domestic career going.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love that fight.

Yeah it was a good fight. I was hoping to hell Taylor would win... O well. He's doing really well now Shannon. After the Mosley fight he went off the rails a bit and had some problems with drugs but he is fighting fit these days and often fights on the local Friday Night Fights. I have a recording of one of his recent fights, at super middle i think for the Australasian title i think. I'm really happy for him that he's now got a good domestic career going.
    I'll have to admit that I never get to see him fight, but I check up on him every so often on Boxrec.

I do that with a few fighters, I did it with Jason Quick also and a couple of Euro fighters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love that fight.

I'll have to admit that I never get to see him fight, but I check up on him every so often on Boxrec.

I do that with a few fighters, I did it with Jason Quick also and a couple of Euro fighters.

Well keep your eye on Billy Dib and as Eagle mentioned earlier William Kickett. They are 2 good prospects form Aus.

Thread Information