Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default P4P Marciano or Lewis?

Who was the better fighter for there respective weights. I say Marciano was far superior p4p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: P4P Marciano or Lewis?

Lewis

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not a huge fan of either but I'd have to say that Lewis is a more proven champ. Rock is undefeated and a KO machine but he has two good wins versus Charles and Walcott. Louis and Moore were ancient when he beat them. You can't blame rock for the lack of HW talent during his reign, but you can say he could have come out of retirement to fight Patterson, Liston and Johansen. Lewis's pedigree is simply better, yes he has two KO losses to B grade fighters but he did avenge them.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis. Not even close. I don't consider Marciano to be an all-time great. He had a great chin and a very hard punch, but in the end he was a very good brawler, not a great boxer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They both beat every guy they ever fought but if Marciano met Lewis it would be a mismatch

The size , reach , skill etc would be far too much for Rocky and Lewis would stop him no doubt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pound for Pound; I have Marciano at #56 and Lewis at #81, in the all-time lists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah but if ricky lands one half punch then lewis will be out, lennex has no chin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Neither

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marciano has tremendous heart but lewis is a far more superior athlete. The size of lewis and his jab could keep marciano off of him. It's a toss up. Marciano could get in close and score a knock out. Lewis by decision. The jab and size is too affective!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Marciano would have a chance against Lewis. Lewis only lost when he overlooked two bums, against any dangerous opponent he was always razor sharp.

I reckon he would just keep Marciano on the outside all night. Every time Marciano came in he would just clinch al la Wladimir and Rocky wouldn't be able to do anything.

Ironically though Marciano may have a better chance of beating Ali than he would Lewis.

Consider the facts, Ali didn't have the power to get rid of guys that were blown away by big punchers Liston and Foreman.

Frazier gave Ali hell beating him once and another close decision. He only scraped past Ken Noreton after losing their first fight. Foreman literally blew these guys away.

Ali also had a torrid time against Chuvalo again destroyed by Foreman. And he couldn't get Patterson out of there for 13 rounds in their first fight even though Patterson was clearly having serious problems with his back. Liston blew Patterson away twice inside a couple of minutes.

I reckon Marciano's heart, work rate and toughness would have given Ali real trouble, probably a 15 rounder back in the day.

I wouldn't give Marciano a hope against Lewis however, although I reckon Ali would have a real chance at stopping Lewis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well if we are talking P4P, Rocky used to fight men heavier than he was....Walcot was 20 pounds heavier than Rocky. I dont think Lewis ever fought a man bigger than he was lol

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    well if we are talking P4P, Rocky used to fight men heavier than he was....Walcot was 20 pounds heavier than Rocky. I dont think Lewis ever fought a man bigger than he was lol
    Yeah but Toney was still then just a middleweight

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuclear bull
    yeah but if ricky lands one half punch then lewis will be out, lennex has no chin
    Lewis took Tysons , Tuas , Rudducks and Vitalis best shots flush without going down .

What did Marciano weigh ? about 14 stone ? I doubt hed have the reach to land on Lewis anyway . Plus his face would be ripped to shreds by the jabs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

geez this is a joke evry1 says the same thing---short reach--cut easily--only 184 so how could he possibly beat lewis--he;d beat lewis the same way he beat the other 49 mf's--knock lewis head off!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No comparison. You have Marciano weighing in at 190-195. Not even close..Rocky had unbelievable power. 43 KO's in 49 fights, those a Forman like numbers minus 30-70lbs. Had Rocky weighed 210 he would have killed The Brown Bomber and Jersey Joe. Who knows just how devastating he could have been with todays technology. I mean he broke guys arms when they were blocking his body attack...SCARY...
    It feels good to be back home.

Thread Information