Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BruceLee

Quote Originally Posted by zacbox
    What a load of b*****ks. I read Bruce would have done this or that, I think more likely;

1) Ali batters him. A heavyweight champ, who has proved he can fight, not like the hearsay and rumours surrounding Bruce, it would be easy. In fact I'd discount any heavy, I reckon you good go to Featherweight (similar weight and size) and those guys would beat him silly. I can only imagine the damage Pac, MAB, Naz would do. Let alone any other Feathers through history.

2) UFC champ?? Do me a favour, He would get beaten VERY easily. We're not talking about a theory he developed 30 years ago (JKD). He'd be against well rounded guys who would easily deal with the speed, before taking him out in brutal fashion.

3) He made some entertaining films and is a true SCREEN Icon, but thats all. Any co-workers will say he was this or that, but the fact is there is no footage, and i'm sure Bruce knew his limitations so let the hype do the work.
    How many times do you see interviews where actors say it was a great cast, we all got on so well etc, do you really think that to be the case?

Bruce Lee should not be mentioned on a fight forum, unless in reference to his films as inspiration.
    I know i typed this before, but i have the same answer to the same argument

Educate yourself before you make such stupid comments. Many reputable martial artists, world champions who knew him said one of his best assests is his way of closing the distance, that means moving in and out of range. As for camera's, it is a fact that they actually had to slow him down cos he was simply too fast for the camera and everything was just a blurr.

Chuck norris who is world champ kickboxer something like 5-6 times says p4p bruce was the fastest and one of the hardest hitters in the world. Chuck also trained under/with Bruce so bruce obviously had the skill and knowledge.

Bob wall claims Bruce was the real deal, bob wall = HW kickboxer champion.

Joe Lewis also claims he never stood in front of a faster man than bruce. Joe Lewis was twice named fighter of the century.

Jim Kelley says he doubts anyone could have beaten bruce in tournaments and had bruce been a boxer, probably be a world champion.

James demile who was 100-0 in the army as a HW boxer claims to have been humilated by bruce in under 10 seconds. Here's a link to his interview:

http://www.cityonfire.com/unknown/interviews/demile/

Many others such as inosanto, taky kimura (if u read black belt mag, you'd know who these people are) claims he could beat Ali in the street. Who knows, but for them to even consider that and they are very well respected martial artists shows you just how for real bruce is.

This doesnt prove bruce = greatest fighter of all time, it just shows that the guy was far more than an actor. Bruce had famous actors, world champion martial artists, boxers, wrestlers etc etc training under him. The guy trained 6 hours a day, thats more training than any boxer...he lived and breathed MA. When he wasnt training it, he was researching it...over 20,000 books on combat.

For those who's just simply going with pacman cos hes a boxer, I wonder if you have ever actually sparred with a master martial artist. Not your karate black belts but true masters....it becomes a different ball game when they have mastered 100 ways to attack you whilst you only know to attack in 5-6 and defend against 5-6 moves.

He was far more than a movie star

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I know i typed this before, but i have the same answer to the same argument

Educate yourself before you make such stupid comments. Many reputable martial artists, world champions who knew him said one of his best assests is his way of closing the distance, that means moving in and out of range. As for camera's, it is a fact that they actually had to slow him down cos he was simply too fast for the camera and everything was just a blurr."

What are you on about you fool?? You think by repeating what you said before this gives it some authority? I'm not going by what some brown nosers, who probably have cashed in on the back of his career have said. For example the link you give

http://www.cityonfire.com/unknown/interviews/demile/

Here's the intro line "With Sijo James DeMile, friend of Bruce Lee and founder of Wing Chun Do."
    I'm sure he's not cashing in and using the name for his own gains.

Where is the evidence? Find some and I'll respect your point of view, but don't make the mistake of coming out with such idiotic comments as to educate myself like above.

You appear to be living in some sort of dream world.
    For example
    " For those who's just simply going with pacman cos hes a boxer, I wonder if you have ever actually sparred with a master martial artist. Not your karate black belts but true masters....it becomes a different ball game when they have mastered 100 ways to attack you whilst you only know to attack in 5-6 and defend against 5-6 moves"

I'm not going with pacman because he's a boxer, it was based on a comparable weight and size to Bruce and that there is proven evidence of his power.

100 ways to attack? If you get sparked the rest is immaterial, while they're considering their options an all round fighter will take them down and out.

As I said previously show some evidence and I'll consider otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

100 ways to attack? If you get sparked the rest is immaterial, while they're considering their options an all round fighter will take them down and out.
    Its true, boxing is limited
    Lee had four weapons and Manny had two, not only that but Bruce Lee could grapple...
    Most street fights go to the ground, and Manny wouldn't know what to do because he hasn't been trained in that expertise.
    I've boxed for 3 years as an amatuer, but when i got into a street fight with a grappler i was screwed lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And a man who trained six hours a day, and really took his body to his physical limits....to me personally is not a fake.
    Im not saying he would beat someone like Mike Tyson in a fight, but to call him just an "actor" seems ludocris imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77

Lee had four weapons and Manny had two, not only that but Bruce Lee could grapple...
    Most street fights go to the ground, and Manny wouldn't know what to do because he hasn't been trained in that expertise.
    I've boxed for 3 years as an amatuer, but when i got into a street fight with a grappler i was screwed lol
    Manny would be screwed against a grappler if it went to the floor. Not sure Bruce was a grappler though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And a man who trained six hours a day, and really took his body to his physical limits....to me personally is not a fake.
    Im not saying he would beat someone like Mike Tyson in a fight, but to call him just an "actor" seems ludocris imo
    He is an iconic figure as well, and I respect the training levels, but mainly he's an actor, albeit an extremely influential one in his and many other genres

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny would be screwed against a grappler if it went to the floor. Not sure Bruce was a grappler though.
    Bruce Lee was in fact one of the FIRST people to introduce western MMA practitioners to traditional grappling, Kung Fu methods and later his own "freestyle" Jeet Kun Do.
    Grappling is in his style, and i can assure you that he did train in that field lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So seriously who would win in a fight out of mike tyson and george foreman..........

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight132
    So seriously who would win in a fight out of mike tyson and george foreman..........
    What now Mmmmmmm mike.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know basic Karate was sort of exposed as being too hard and overcommitted by Bruces and other kung fu practitioners explots of the time,they offered a much more balanced ground owrk to begin building from.

That laid a ground work of spite from some of the hard Japanese based styles although they did change and did adapt the softer more flowing sections of other and their own advanced practices into their base work.
    I think because modern competition has been opened up to all styles it has been a matter of learn, adapt or die off.

Scrap; I would still like to know the answer from your friends who are world karate champions whether they consider they would win against Ali in a no rules affair..
    I think they would have him down and out of action in the first round personally.
    But I think they would get their asses handed to them in a boxing match with rules,as would 99% of the other fighting styles.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Different horses for different coarses On their day any style could beat the other, it depends whom the man is at the end of the day Yesterday I was introduced to Chuck Liddell now I would,nt like to meet him down a dark alley trust me.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well cuz (mikes trainer) always told Tyson never to fight Foreman cause he would get killed by him heh
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Poom
    well cuz (mikes trainer) always told Tyson never to fight Foreman cause he would get killed by him heh
    I always thought formen would win because he had the endurance to throw punches like a mad man for several rounds just like he did with ali.

Mike tyson was always looking to close the fight early but didnt have the endurance to go the distance at the same pace. he went around 22 bouts before ever seeing the fourth round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bruce Lee =THE TRUTH

nobody had nothing on Bruce. with people like Bruce who are Grand Master Legends they are on a whole other level not even human like. weight or height dont mean ishhh when you were on the level that bruce was on.

most grandmasters do not compete its against their code.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

seeing that this is a boxing forum where 90% of members are 13-15 with big posters of ali and tyson hanging off every wall, i dont see much of a point trying to use intelligence in arguments against thier 'idols'....

Dont argue with stupid people, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Thread Information