Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BruceLee

Quote Originally Posted by GutShot
    seeing that this is a boxing forum where 90% of members are 13-15 with big posters of ali and tyson hanging off every wall, i dont see much of a point trying to use intelligence in arguments against thier 'idols'....

Dont argue with stupid people, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

haha cool click i totally agree. they just dont know brother!
    speaking of ya avator pic ivan drago was a martial artist too. if u notice carefully even in the rocky fights hes really in a karate stance not a boxers stance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dolf lundgren- Ivan Drago

A world-class athlete, Lundgren took up martial arts at 14 and has achieved his third degree black belt. His accomplishments in the sport include being the captain of the Swedish full-contact karate team and the winner of the European Heavyweight Full-Contact Karate Championship in 1980 and 1981, as well as the Australian heavyweight division title in 1982. Lundgren's lifelong interest in physical fitness led to his 1987 workout video called Maximum Potential. In addition to his karate expertise, Lundgren was selected to serve as the Team Leader of the 1996 U.S. Olympic Pentathlon Team.
    he was also a very smart guy, he obtained his Masters degree in Chemical Engineering at the University of Sydney in Australia and the following year, he was awarded a Fullbright Scholarship to the world-renowned Massachusetts Institute of Technology

The reason i have him as my avatar.... one cool guy lol

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And he was He-man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

seeing that this is a boxing forum where 90% of members are 13-15 with big posters of ali and tyson hanging off every wall, i dont see much of a point trying to use intelligence in arguments against thier 'idols'....

Dont argue with stupid people, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
    I fail to see how people who take the side of the greatest Heavyweight boxer of all time are stupid. Ali fought and bet the hardest puncher of all time. His strategy was to take all of his punches until he tired himself out. Ali can take a punch. Foreman could punch a hell of a lot harder than Bruce Lee.

Using hearsay from people who have never fought someone as tough Joe Frazier or Ken Foreman isn't a great way to judge someones fighting ability. Using unconfirmed (to my knowledge) reports about slowing down film is not a great way to judge someones fighting ability.

In Ali you have a man you fought an entire fight with a broken jaw. He showed no fear in the ring and I'm not sure about his "streetfighting" skills (and neither are you) but he could sure take and dish out punishment. Bruce Lee may have fought some great "martial" artists but to my knowledge he never beat anyone who beat Ali or Frazier or Foreman or Norton or Liston, etc.

And one more point any one with all their digits attached and a 9mm could take both of them out so its a stupid argument to have in the first place.

JMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im just saying he was far more than an "actor"......like alot of people say

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dolph Ludgren was an actor?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The best B actor to walk the planet.. next to Lorenzo Lamas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by raleights
    The best B actor to walk the planet.. next to Lorenzo Lamas
    hahah OUCH. Lorezno was married like 4times and divorced each time and each time they took all his money. his last wifey was FIIIIIIIIIIINE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder what it's like explaining to a woman that you're a B actor....

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hello darling, I'm Bruce Lee.

You're who?

Bruce Lee you fucking Idiot.

Oh... I see.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There shouldnt be argument over trying to be right or wrong or justified .
    Fixed points of view are just that..nothing elsed ,they are just fixed; it means you cant go on,mentally concerning a point.

IF anyone has a balanced point of view then they wont stray far from the truth whenever they are are trying to visualize an outcome.

If your heart is only for one thing or another then your mindset is going to naturally follow.

Unfortunatley we humans are creatures of habit and mindsets are habitual and do pour over into other areas.

Which can have effects in life as well as the ring that we shouldnt go into here.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think the fact that this topic has gone on for so long says something about bruce

mostly that i would kick the shit out of him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am one of the karate guy's now learning how to box under the guidance of scrap so I have a good knowledge of martial arts. Martial arts is very different to boxing but the main characteristics of both are speed timing and distance , Ali obviuosly had all these in abundance. Bruce Lee was an un known quantity He was obviuosly very fast with a great physique but its virtually impossible to measure how good he was as a fighter because we have never seen this. In his films all his fight scenes were choreographed to look as impressive as the technology at the time would allow. Bruce Lee was an ispiration to me and probably the main reason I took up martial arts so I definitely do not have a biased opinion I am simply looking at the facts. Ali was a much much bigger man who time after time proved his worth on the world stage whereas Bruce Lee was much smaller and he had never competed to the same level. Saying he'd had so many street fights is ok but there are no hard facts only what people have said.

One last point I would like to make is that I do not understand the term 'grand master' this is simply a title that certain individuals award themselves part of an ego trip to make themseves seem more important. I believe there is no such thing how do you qualify for this title is it the amount of time studying an art, your grade, how many competitions you have won I just dont understand. I have been quite successful in international karate competition with world championship medals and a commonwealth gold but I'm not considered a master. If anyone can enlighten me please do.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome to the forum mate

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah hi there, welcome.

Hmmm Grand master 'was' taken as the inherant eldest master member of any kung fu style.
    Yip Man was such a man.
    Wing Chun ws always a guarded style passed onto only a few and only the chosen of some familys got the whole style passsed to them Yip man was also one of these.
    Through him, wing Chun split into two schools (the closed footwork nose to nose traditional style and the more fluent wider footwork style which included all the switching techniques and angles for simultanous attack defence etc.
    This occured through the jelousy his full blooded Chinese students had against William Cheung his fully adopted student and Bruce Lee (half blood) his famous movie star friend who was getting a hiding on the streets from thugs prior to and in the days of the green dragon seris etc.Bruce was tested out by all types once he got famous.But he was just a kicker like a ballet dancer pretending at that stage.
    Yip man was only supported financially, by his students in Hong Kong and lived above where they trained ,funded by the meagure fees.
    Bruce was a natural and would fight off other wing Chun opponents years ahead of himself. This is what caused the riff in the whole system.

And the reason why Yip mans own blood son and the German sector of wing Chun in paticular have the stilted footwork as their base.

Yip man explained to William that his students had put an ultimatum to him that he expel Bruce cause of his half blood and that wing chun was always protected nationally and should only be passed onto full bloods.

The Grand master was pissed a this,he loved having Bruce around and the fame etc etc,so he trained William and Bruce using the full system of wing chun in spite of his students.He was going to pass this information on to only one person (his blood son as had nearly always occured in China) ,but his son sided with the others against Bruce.
    So William and Bruce were taught the whole system after hours and william took the knowledge to Bruce after /after hours;(no secrects were held within one family as had happened for years in the system).
    Thus Bruce's mind went on to create Jeet Kune DO.
    This is all from Williams own mouth by the way.
    There is more to it, but that is it in a nut shell.
    He spoke of many fights concerning the local mafia and many challenges from other stylists as well as their own style, once word got out they had something else to add to it!
    They kept thier side of the promise and never released it or taught it to westeners until after Yip mans death.
    Yip man was the chief of police until the take over and then found himself on the streets.
    That is why he was in a procarious position financially whlie taeching in Hong Kong in his later years.

William Cheung claims Grand Master status as he is the only surviving person who has been told the full system of wing chun.

There is so many students of all styles these days that the old schoolers have died off.

Now the term Grand master is abused in some sectors not used in its correct context.
    There is no more real secrets either, as styles blend into others etc so who can claim grand master of anything?

Regards Andre.

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information