Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default BruceLee

Beside other things Itrain A6 time World kickboxing champ Plus a world Karate champ plus a guy that got Bronze .The conversation this week got round to Bruce Lee. Anyway I told them that I come on Websites to chill and Learn to type, and that a thread that always comes up is,Bruce would beat Ali in a fight.Ithought I,d get their opinian, Now Im pretty open minded and wanted to hear their side of the argument. Well they just fell on the floor laughing,saying scrap He was a Film Star, He never won anything The reason he was ripped was because of all the stuff he took, its fantasy, thats what probably killed Him.Scrap you are a 22 caret Idiot,OH. So now you know, whats your take on it
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BruceLee

Bruce Lee made movies; Ali fought Joe Frazier.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes I Know Greys,but you listen to people on sites and he was the best thing ever,And that side of the fence ive never been up on.But Id never rubbish it because I dont Know, and its the first time in conversation its ever come up, because my thoughts are on something else[training].Anyway found it an eyeopener.

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ali vs bruce lee

if it was full contact like K1 or UFC then bruce lee hands down, unless ali had a secret martial arts history?

Bruce lee was trained from an early age in Wing Chun and went on to form his own martial art that took parts from boxing, fencing, wing chun, and other arts.
    Yes he was a movie star and some of his work was whats called 'movie fu' but he was a tough cookie.

Ali... amazing in the boxing ring, thats it, he would have his ass handed on a plate in any other fighting scenario

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great Gut, but what tournaments did he win.The guy I was talking to is a Super Star of Martial Arts, and He found the Senario hilareous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it is a hilarious question!

its like the multiple 'VS' threads i see on a martial arts website i frequent, Wing Chun vs Brazilian Juijitsu... etc
    All pointless and nothing is learnt from these topics as everyone is going to defend 'till death' their point of view as its all based on that....personal opinon.

bruce lee and tournaments... havent a clue, you cant discount him as a martial artist though. If he didnt pursue his movie career i dont feel he would have been as popular, the same as if ali didnt have such a big mouth in promoting his fights

Superstar of martial arts? Is that like a world champion or UFC status?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No I think it means hes the best in the World at his weight Winning the title in Mexico City in front of 25,000 spectators.Also being one of the main Attractions at the National SIDI,s next week at The NEC Birmingham.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali almost doulbled bruces weight so id prob put my money on him, 1b for 1b bruce was 1 tough mo fo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Errrr...I've done a ridiculous amount of research on Bruce Lee over the years and there's a couple of things I just want to respond to.
    1) Bruce Lee was ripped because of how he trained and how often he trained. He trained every day. He trained everything. He worked on cardio, weights, fighting, etc. He was always looking for new ways to push his body. While watching tv he'd be doing the splits, curling a dumbell in one hand and reading a book in the other. He was dedicated to the point of obsession. From what I've gathered through books, notes and the writings of his wife...his diet was nothing special. In fact, he could hardly cook so he just ate what his wife prepared. He DID take diuretics at times.
    2) Anything can happen in a fight, but Bruce Lee was not just a movie star. He was definitely focused (once again to the point of obsession) with becoming one, but his interest in fighting was not a show. The man studied, adapted and evolved his fighting still his whole life (as short as it was.) You could definitely call him a "mixed" martial artist. He realized that he needed to learn more and employ more (including wrestling) to be the best fighter he could be.
    3) Ali was a big, powerful and fast man. I'd hate to see Bruce box him, because we all know that would be murder. But a fight might be really ugly. Bruce didn't sit do flying jump kicks and flips when he fought. He went for the eyes, nuts and throat (documented). He was out to win, even if it meant crippling, blinding or killing an opponent. He trained for it. Baring a fluke, I think Ali wouldn't fare well against a guy like that in a fight. Throw in some rules and you may have a different story.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a few questions:
    1) Is the supposition that Ali would stand there and allow all this to happen to him?
    2) Is there any doubt that Ali would be able to withstand a shot or two from Lee?
    3) In the course of this fight are we to assume that Ali would not lay a glove on Lee, or is it possible that he may sneak in a lucky punch or two?
    4) Can Lee take his punch?
    5) How does Lee's rip and tear strategy deal with movement and a guy that can ko him with a punch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Many reputable martial artists, world champions who knew him said one of his best assests is his way of closing the distance, that means moving in and out of range. As for camera's, it is a fact that they actually had to slow him down cos he was simply too fast for the camera and everything was just a blurr.

Chuck norris who is world champ kickboxer something like 5-6 times says p4p bruce was the fastest and one of the hardest hitters in the world. Chuck also trained under/with Bruce so bruce obviously had the skill and knowledge.

Bob wall claims Bruce was the real deal, bob wall = HW kickboxer champion.

Joe Lewis also claims he never stood in front of a faster man than bruce. Joe Lewis was twice named fighter of the century.

Jim Kelley says he doubts anyone could have beaten bruce in tournaments and had bruce been a boxer, probably be a world champion.

James demile who was 100-0 in the army as a HW boxer claims to have been humilated by bruce in under 10 seconds. Here's a link to his interview:

http://www.cityonfire.com/unknown/interviews/demile/

Many others such as inosanto, taky kimura (if u read black belt mag, you'd know who these people are) claims he could beat Ali in the street. Who knows, but for them to even consider that and they are very well respected martial artists shows you just how for real bruce is.

This doesnt prove bruce = greatest fighter of all time, it just shows that the guy was far more than an actor. Bruce had famous actors, world champion martial artists, boxers, wrestlers etc etc training under him. The guy trained 6 hours a day, thats more training than any boxer...he lived and breathed MA. When he wasnt training it, he was researching it...over 20,000 books on combat.

For those who's just simply going with ali cos hes a boxer, I wonder if you have ever actually sparred with a master martial artist. Not your karate black belts but true masters....it becomes a different ball game when they have mastered 100 ways to attack you whilst you only know to attack in 5-6 and defend against 5-6 moves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Beside other things Itrain A6 time World kickboxing champ Plus a world Karate champ plus a guy that got Bronze .The conversation this week got round to Bruce Lee. Anyway I told them that I come on Websites to chill and Learn to type, and that a thread that always comes up is,Bruce would beat Ali in a fight.Ithought I,d get their opinian, Now Im pretty open minded and wanted to hear their side of the argument. Well they just fell on the floor laughing,saying scrap He was a Film Star, He never won anything The reason he was ripped was because of all the stuff he took, its fantasy, thats what probably killed Him.Scrap you are a 22 caret Idiot,OH. So now you know, whats your take on it
    Whats the scenario? a street fight ?
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crosswires here. Ali is not in my Line of thought here. Its Lee he never competed on the Internatiol stage. So those he did fight agaist were,t to good Its okay throwing who said what about its bollox people will say anything if the price is right,ask Don King. Ive been told I have got the biggest selection of books on sports science inthe country but it doesnt mean Ive read them all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he didnt compete on the international scene i dont think, wing chun is not a sport and there was no internationals or belts like boxing.

Ali followed a sport tradition, lee started his own by merging all the best bit of martial arts and creating jeet koon do (sp?)

there are hundreds of martial arts masters that have the highest level of skill, because they do not chose to compete for a plastic trophy or plated belt and instead focus on their art, does it make them any less skilled?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course not Gutshot, but Ive been told ,its a bit Like The Alphabet boys in boxing money Now Ive got a lot of time for Martial Arts of any kind.I do a lot of rehab work with quite a few of them.But any body can start something new and with the right publicty can do very well.I see it done every day of the week.I remember when actors make fight movies, then people working with them tell everybody after,he could have been a Pro Ive been there.Could they fuck but were told to say that, and after we laugh are bollocks off

Thread Information