Quote Originally Posted by zacbox
What a load of b*****ks. I read Bruce would have done this or that, I think more likely;

1) Ali batters him. A heavyweight champ, who has proved he can fight, not like the hearsay and rumours surrounding Bruce, it would be easy. In fact I'd discount any heavy, I reckon you good go to Featherweight (similar weight and size) and those guys would beat him silly. I can only imagine the damage Pac, MAB, Naz would do. Let alone any other Feathers through history.

2) UFC champ?? Do me a favour, He would get beaten VERY easily. We're not talking about a theory he developed 30 years ago (JKD). He'd be against well rounded guys who would easily deal with the speed, before taking him out in brutal fashion.

3) He made some entertaining films and is a true SCREEN Icon, but thats all. Any co-workers will say he was this or that, but the fact is there is no footage, and i'm sure Bruce knew his limitations so let the hype do the work.
How many times do you see interviews where actors say it was a great cast, we all got on so well etc, do you really think that to be the case?

Bruce Lee should not be mentioned on a fight forum, unless in reference to his films as inspiration.
I know i typed this before, but i have the same answer to the same argument

Educate yourself before you make such stupid comments. Many reputable martial artists, world champions who knew him said one of his best assests is his way of closing the distance, that means moving in and out of range. As for camera's, it is a fact that they actually had to slow him down cos he was simply too fast for the camera and everything was just a blurr.

Chuck norris who is world champ kickboxer something like 5-6 times says p4p bruce was the fastest and one of the hardest hitters in the world. Chuck also trained under/with Bruce so bruce obviously had the skill and knowledge.

Bob wall claims Bruce was the real deal, bob wall = HW kickboxer champion.

Joe Lewis also claims he never stood in front of a faster man than bruce. Joe Lewis was twice named fighter of the century.

Jim Kelley says he doubts anyone could have beaten bruce in tournaments and had bruce been a boxer, probably be a world champion.

James demile who was 100-0 in the army as a HW boxer claims to have been humilated by bruce in under 10 seconds. Here's a link to his interview:

http://www.cityonfire.com/unknown/interviews/demile/

Many others such as inosanto, taky kimura (if u read black belt mag, you'd know who these people are) claims he could beat Ali in the street. Who knows, but for them to even consider that and they are very well respected martial artists shows you just how for real bruce is.

This doesnt prove bruce = greatest fighter of all time, it just shows that the guy was far more than an actor. Bruce had famous actors, world champion martial artists, boxers, wrestlers etc etc training under him. The guy trained 6 hours a day, thats more training than any boxer...he lived and breathed MA. When he wasnt training it, he was researching it...over 20,000 books on combat.

For those who's just simply going with pacman cos hes a boxer, I wonder if you have ever actually sparred with a master martial artist. Not your karate black belts but true masters....it becomes a different ball game when they have mastered 100 ways to attack you whilst you only know to attack in 5-6 and defend against 5-6 moves.

He was far more than a movie star