Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Shadow Boxing

How many rounds a day do you guys shadow box?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shadow Boxing

Besides my actually rounds when I am timing myself for like an amatuer fight or more, I find shadow boxing addicting. For example if I am at work and I go take a bathroom break or something and I look in the mirrior to wash my hands I end up throwing some punches or something for a minute or two. But like I said it becomes addicting.

But basically to answer your questions I just do about two more rounds than an actual regulated amatuer fight would be that way I will always be ready. Train yourself harder than you actually need to for the fight so you will always be ready.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

6 rounds of shadow boxing and 6 rounds of skipping make up my daily conditioning training I then staple different things on on different days.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some weeks thats all we do, different idea,s on a theme.We some time have 2 hour sessions playing around trying different ideas,its all good fun. Its one of the best ways to learn.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah that's cool. Do you do full punches when you shadowbox? I know some people do and some people don't any reason behind that?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Helminth Shadow boxing covers a wide spectrum of balance awareness, posture, direrection, perception motor skills. shadow boxing should teach these skills. If it doesnt youre wasting your time. We do a lot of harness and resisdance work, while doing it, speed shadow, working,footwork angles, positions, why be there, you should be here, this could work better, could it fuck, cant do it .Oh yes you fucking can, Oh bollocks,you can.Its good fun
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mBiOkXe08
    Besides my actually rounds when I am timing myself for like an amatuer fight or more, I find shadow boxing addicting. For example if I am at work and I go take a bathroom break or something and I look in the mirrior to wash my hands I end up throwing some punches or something for a minute or two. But like I said it becomes addicting.

But basically to answer your questions I just do about two more rounds than an actual regulated amatuer fight would be that way I will always be ready. Train yourself harder than you actually need to for the fight so you will always be ready.

I would have never admitted to shadow boxing at work.....but since someone else broke the ice........Every time theres a mirror, and no one around........I feel like i must

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do it a lot in front of a mirror at work, too. Just don't get caught.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i judge how good a fighetr is based on how well he shadowboxes. cause ultimately i feel that the way you shadowbox determines what kind of a fighter you are.

Thread Information