Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: James Toney

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default James Toney

This has been bugging me, I just want to know who the best all-time boxer is that James Toney could beat at heavyweight?

I think you'd be hard pressed to fight one Toney would beat...definantly NOT Marciano, the Rock put on too much pressure and had too much heart to be stopped by James.

Maybe like a Bonavena or Shavers would be out worked by Toney but I doubt it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James Toney

I really dont see Toney winning against any ATG heavyweight champs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HE'S A FAT SMW... HE THINKS HE IS A HOLYFIELD THAT COULD MOVE UP FROM THE LOWER WEIGHTS AND TRULY HANG AND PUNCH @ HW. TONEY DREAMED OF FIGHTING @ HW AND HE HAS BEEN LACK LUSTER @ BEST. WHEN TONEY GOES ON ATKINS AND BEGINS TO BE EVEN SLIGHTLY HUMBLE I'LL LOOK IN HIS GENERAL DIRECTION. THE LAST FIGHT DISCUSTED ME... HAD HE COME IN IN SLIGHTLY BETTER CONDITION HE WOULD HAVE SCHOOLED RAHMAN...
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he was in very good shape, say the Toney that beat Holyfield.. I don't see any way Marciano would beat him... Plain and simple Marciano was about 185 lbs, he's no bigger.. Especially if the fight was 12 rounds Id definetly see a Toney UD.. Marciano was thouroughly outboxed for over 12 rounds by Charles and Walcott before catching them and they were both very old especially for that time. Toney at his best would have been better... Though Walcott or charles at their best would have both beaten Marciano or Toney.. Thats my take.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toney at Cruiser...which would have passed for heavy back in the days...I think that there are numerous people that he would have beaten that were HOF'ers.

You have to think of Toney's style vs Ali or Foreman or Marciano or Tunney or Charles or the likes...& that's a broad range...but Toney's style teleported back to the days...

Toney woulda given them all hell...& I don't like JFAT one bit...but he's an amazing tactician on the inside & he woulda confused & befuddled all of the above...had he come in at Cruiser shape.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know why you are picking on Toney, I mean of all the current bunch I don't think any of them would fare well against an all time great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

toney at 190-210 woulda beat ALOT of the older guys ..look at when archie moore fough Marciano ...archie was how old and he got cought but Toney woulda boxed laot like him only a little faster & sharper ....

to be honest i thionk toney coulda beat joe Louis fairly easily ...joe wasnt 1/2 as slick as some people think he was ....(before anyone argues this how many joe louis fights haveu u seen in the entirety?) ..he hit hard but stayed awfully still nd wasnt big on head movement...and had liek 0% foot work...he sure as hell didnt dance ...and the way he dropped his left ALL THE TIME after throwing a punch ...BOXING HAS EVOLUTIONIZED ...we know more nowdays by watching the mistakes made by people back in the day (fighters from the 50's-early 80s were VERY skilled and still had that old fashion endurance

Toney coulda beat Joe louis <---thats what i'll say

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by means2184
    toney at 190-210 woulda beat ALOT of the older guys ..look at when archie moore fough Marciano ...archie was how old and he got cought but Toney woulda boxed laot like him only a little faster & sharper ....

to be honest i thionk toney coulda beat joe Louis fairly easily ...joe wasnt 1/2 as slick as some people think he was ....(before anyone argues this how many joe louis fights haveu u seen in the entirety?) ..he hit hard but stayed awfully still nd wasnt big on head movement...and had liek 0% foot work...he sure as hell didnt dance ...and the way he dropped his left ALL THE TIME after throwing a punch ...BOXING HAS EVOLUTIONIZED ...we know more nowdays by watching the mistakes made by people back in the day (fighters from the 50's-early 80s were VERY skilled and still had that old fashion endurance

Toney coulda beat Joe louis <---thats what i'll say
    If Toney was at 190 and if he was in form and if he was allowed to use drugs and if and if then he might blah blah blah. There are too many ifs around Toney. The thing is that he has not done everything special in almost a decade.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    This has been bugging me, I just want to know who the best all-time boxer is that James Toney could beat at heavyweight?

I think you'd be hard pressed to fight one Toney would beat...definantly NOT Marciano, the Rock put on too much pressure and had too much heart to be stopped by James.

Maybe like a Bonavena or Shavers would be out worked by Toney but I doubt it.
    John Ruiz and thats it, He's overrated and he's fat and ugly, Looks like a piece of turd floating in a recreational park toilet next to a old ticket. But that's just my opinion. As with the lower weight classes, He was good. But he has a loud mouth and is overrated at heavy, put him in with W.Klitschko, He would not last seven rounds. Shavers would kill him, He was one of the heaviest hitters to lace em up. for ya my friend.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At Heavyweight, I could see that Toney could possibly beat:

Rahman
    Ruiz
    Byrd
    W. Klitschko
    Roy Jones Jr.

And a few more...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by drgoodlooking

Rahman
    Ruiz
    Byrd
    W. Klitschko
    Roy Jones Jr.

And a few more...
    C'mon Doc are you serious? That's cool my friend I respect you opinions.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that Toney was grossly overrated on this board for a long time. Many of his long time followers, have either been quiet or taken a break....

Not to say that Toney isn't a good fighter becasue even though he is a complete ***hole, I do believe that he is a very good fighter WHEN HE STAYS IN THE PROPER WEIGHT CLASS.

He's lucky that his last fight was a draw. I never doubted it, but now, after seeing his fight against Rahman, Wladimir KO's him 10 times out of 10.

For those who think that Toney could beat Wlad,
    please place the dope on the ground in front of you and back away slowly!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At Heavyweight, I could see that Toney could possibly beat: eat:

Rahman
    Ruiz
    Byrd
    W. Klitschko
    Roy Jones Jr.

And a few more...

El Kabong Guest

Rahman
    Ruiz
    Byrd
    W. Klitschko
    Roy Jones Jr.

And a few more...
    Um no he wouldn't

NO ONE (hardly) BEATS ROCKY IN 15 ROUNDS! Marciano might have been 185 but he was a WELL CONDITIONED 185, Toney wasn't even well conditioned at cruiser!

Let James step in with Wlad and Dr. Klitschko will be like the George Foreman Grill, he'll "KNOCKOUT THE FAT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle

Rahman
    Ruiz
    Byrd
    W. Klitschko
    Roy Jones Jr.

And a few more...
    Um no he wouldn't

NO ONE (hardly) BEATS ROCKY IN 15 ROUNDS! Marciano might have been 185 but he was a WELL CONDITIONED 185, Toney wasn't even well conditioned at cruiser!

Let James step in with Wlad and Dr. Klitschko will be like the George Foreman Grill, he'll "KNOCKOUT THE FAT!"
    Yes After watching the speed and power of Wlads jab, I don't see how Toney could win. One of those jabs will set up that badass right hand and then...................

BOOM Toney's lights are out!!!

Thread Information