Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who u picking corrales or castillo ???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default who u picking corrales or castillo ???

who do you all think will win this saturday

corrales : http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=...&v=CS0PYUti3Ag

or

castillo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cF2x...uis%20castillo

p.s im picking corrales

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: who u picking corrales or castillo ???

I pick Castillo because Chico is too tall to fight on the inside like he likes and he NEVER changes his gameplan!

Late Stoppage by JLC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castillo, unless Corrales decides to actually box, and use his jab to create distance. If he don't, and I doubt he will, it will end like the second fight.

Castillo in 6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castillo by late KO. JLC can do it inside or outside. Castillo is known as an inside fighter but in the first fight that left hook on the first KD was from the outside. Castillo also pasted Chico with some good shots from the outside on other occasions as well. I think Castillo brings more into the ring.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Corrales has what it takes to beat Castillo; he proved it in their first fight. Alas, he showed his ability only when he was cornered by Castillo. But he seemed to be intimidated by Castillo in their rematch, probably haunted by the memory of knockdowns he suffered in their first fight; so I question his heart. And his chin doesn't help either.

On the other hand, Castillo has the heart and a decent chin. So I go for him in this fight. But believe me, Corrales can KO Castillo if he is determined to do so.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yes but Castillo can also ko corrales like he did in the second, i know the weight issue , nut there was also an issue in their first fight. So if it all stays clean and corrales keeps his mouth piece where it belongs, I see JLC winning by late stoppage maybe in the 9th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowndonor
    Castillo, unless Corrales decides to actually box, and use his jab to create distance. If he don't, and I doubt he will, it will end like the second fight.

Castillo in 6.
    I think Corrales will pull this one off...i know the odds are against it ....usually the one that wins the 2nd fight wins the 3rd butI think corrales was dishearted when castillo came in overweight and the fight was no longer for the title....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's that one intangible on what happens when you've suffered a devastating KO to the other fighter. I was predicting Corrales before their 2nd fight, but I'd have to predict a Castillo KO in this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gotta stick with my man CHICO CORRALES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jlc tko 7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

High respect for both. I said after their last match that they should not fight again. They are very evenly matched and a win by either on a given night won't change that. They only way we could really know who is best is for them to fight each other for a great number of fights. Three doesn't provide enough statistical data, unless accompanied by other clear indications of superiority. We see one better inside, the other better outside, but overall they remain very evenly matched, which is why 3 fights can't tell us what 15 fights might. (Of course, 15 fights is impossible, but I'm talking about what might provide meaningful stats, not what's possible.)

They fought too hard and hurt each other too badly last time. It was enough.

But who will win? Somehow I think that Castillo's toughness challenges Corrales to fight a slugfest rather than use his boxing skills to the utmost. I see that as a flaw for Chico. Hope this is an incorrect analysis.

I'll be rooting for Chico - always liked him - but expecting a Castillo victory. Pleased as punch to be wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Always thought Chico had the power to get Castillo's respect and outbox him... consiquently that cost me some coin!

Even though they are very evenly matched after watching the 2nd fight I have no doubt Castillo has Corrales's number now, he times him perfect over and over again.

If its toe to toe then Castillo TKO if Corrales fights smart then Castillo UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castillo by ko
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm going with castillo but i think he's becoming lazy. if the castillo that shows up is the one who faced rolando reyes last time then chico has a pretty good chance.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdoo
    Always thought Chico had the power to get Castillo's respect and outbox him... consiquently that cost me some coin!

Even though they are very evenly matched after watching the 2nd fight I have no doubt Castillo has Corrales's number now, he times him perfect over and over again.

If its toe to toe then Castillo TKO if Corrales fights smart then Castillo UD.
    I feel the same way. Last fight, Castillo made just a few suttle adjustments, and it paid dividends for him. He was hardly hit clean by Chico and destroyed him. Corrales is a very brave and gutsy fighter who I respect. And that power of his can hurt anybody. But I feel castillo has got him figured out pretty well now and will most likely stop him again. If Corrales uses his height and boxes things could be interesting though. Also KKisser, I hope the Castillo that fought Reyes never shows up again. That was a boring and shatty performance. :P
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information