Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Should Calzaghe retire?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Should JC call it quits?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Should JC call it quits?

With recurring injuries the argument can be made, that he should retire
    on the other hand many feel he was just beginning his climb to fame
    and still has something to prove
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should JC call it quits?

HE'S FUN TO WATCH AND A GOOD FIGHTER BUT I DONT MIND SAYING HE IS BEGINNING TO IRRITATE ME... AFTER ALL THE BUILD UP, ALL THE RIDICULOUS TIME SPENT THUMBING THROUGH ADVERSARIES THIS HAPPENS(NONE OF THOSE NESISSARILY HIS FAULT) BUT IT IS EXTRAORDIARILY IRRITATING
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by "PRIDE OF PROVIDENCE"
    HE'S FUN TO WATCH AND A GOOD FIGHTER BUT I DONT MIND SAYING HE IS BEGINNING TO IRRITATE ME... AFTER ALL THE BUILD UP, ALL THE RIDICULOUS TIME SPENT THUMBING THROUGH ADVERSARIES THIS HAPPENS(NONE OF THOSE NESISSARILY HIS FAULT) BUT IT IS EXTRAORDIARILY IRRITATING
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[click]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    already cc'd u or i'd do it again lol
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

already cc'd u or i'd do it again lol
    Same for me bro, no mas karma for you today lol

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll just post what I posted on the other similar thread. Joe Calzaghe better not retire. He's undefeated. If he was to retire now, do you know what kind of exaggerated bullshit I'm going to have to put up with. All his misguided fans will elevate him to some kind of boxing God. Every fact and truth about him will be countered with "Yeah, but he never lost." or the worse "Joe dominated his era, no fighter ever beat him." I don't want to hear that for the rest of my life. So hell no, Joe better not retire. Let him lose his 0, than his ass can retire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With recurring injuries the argument can be made, that he should retire
    on the other hand many feel he was just beginning his climb to fame
    and still has something to prove
    it's only a hand.....suck it up....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I'll just post what I posted on the other similar thread. Joe Calzaghe better not retire. He's undefeated. If he was to retire now, do you know what kind of exaggerated bullshit I'm going to have to put up with. All his misguided fans will elevate him to some kind of boxing God. Every fact and truth about him will be countered with "Yeah, but he never lost." or the worse "Joe dominated his era, no fighter ever beat him." I don't want to hear that for the rest of my life. So hell no, Joe better not retire. Let him lose his 0, than his ass can retire.
    thats why Joe would be content with retiring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll just post what I posted on the other similar thread. Joe Calzaghe better not retire. He's undefeated. If he was to retire now, do you know what kind of exaggerated bullshit I'm going to have to put up with. All his misguided fans will elevate him to some kind of boxing God. Every fact and truth about him will be countered with "Yeah, but he never lost." or the worse "Joe dominated his era, no fighter ever beat him." I don't want to hear that for the rest of my life. So hell no, Joe better not retire. Let him lose his 0, than his a** can retire.
    are you p*ssed at Rocky as well then? Does a fighter have to go until he loses before he retires? They don't do that in other sports because they have a schedule...what if he gives us a time frame in which he gives us the date he will retire....makes it to that date undefeated and then retires...is it ok then...or are you just a hater.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    I'll just post what I posted on the other similar thread. Joe Calzaghe better not retire. He's undefeated. If he was to retire now, do you know what kind of exaggerated bullshit I'm going to have to put up with. All his misguided fans will elevate him to some kind of boxing God. Every fact and truth about him will be countered with "Yeah, but he never lost." or the worse "Joe dominated his era, no fighter ever beat him." I don't want to hear that for the rest of my life. So hell no, Joe better not retire. Let him lose his 0, than his a** can retire.
    are you p*ssed at Rocky as well then? Does a fighter have to go until he loses before he retires? They don't do that in other sports because they have a schedule...what if he gives us a time frame in which he gives us the date he will retire....makes it to that date undefeated and then retires...is it ok then...or are you just a hater.....
    I ain't no hater. I'm, I'm. Ah. Now that I think about it. Yeah, I'm pretty much a Calzaghe hater. But it wasn't by choice. I think he's a good fighter. But he's made out to be more than he is by his groupies who constantly ignore little things like facts.. And if he was to retire undefeated, I know his groupies would probably put him up there with Ray Robinson or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    I ain't no hater. I'm, I'm. Ah. Now that I think about it. Yeah, I'm pretty much a Calzaghe hater. But it wasn't by choice. I think he's a good fighter. But he's made out to be more than he is by his groupies who constantly ignore little things like facts.. And if he was to retire undefeated, I know his groupies would probably put him up there with Ray Robinson or something.
    Im a big fan of Joe C, but like most im not a groupie and would never elevate him above the likes of SRR (unless he knocks out Tarver, Winky, Taylor and then goes up to unify the heavyweights ).
    But you never know, maybe you're right, if he retires now maybe people in 50 years time will still be mentioning him with the best in his weight, it happened with Marciano.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It makes sense for him to retire, it would be like a runner with reoccuring leg problems
    that keeps racing, there really is no long term benefit here.....

Thread Information