Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 'Jose Luis Castillo should be banned from boxing' thread..........

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Official 'Jose Luis Castillo should be banned from boxing' thread..........

This guy is a shady, shady individual.

The shit that he has pulled today, last time and who knows how many other times throughout his career cannot be tolerated. Corrales trained like a demon for this fight and now he's going to miss out on pay??

Does Castillo think that he can just walk off into the sunset to a megabucks showdown with Cotto or Hatton??

THe man is a flat out disgrace to the sport of boxing and should never be allowed in a professional ring again IMO....
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official 'Jose Luis Castillo should be banned from boxing' thread..........

You are going off of emotion. Consider that Castillo has had HUGE trouble making 135 since before he even fought Mayweather and then you're gonna accuse him of cheating the scale? For all you know he may have tried his hardest to make 135 and his body just won't do it anymore. He just can't make 135 anymore. I don't think he cheated at all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official 'Jose Luis Castillo should be banned from boxing' thread..........

He cheated when he signed the contracts Starr.

He cheated when he had his corner man try and lift the fucking scale.

The man is a disgrace, period.

Yesterday he says the weight won't be a problem - today he's fucking 140.

BAN HIM. How do we even know he made weight for any of his fights??

The guy is a disgrace and should never be allowed to fight again. A ban of 2 years at the very least. Completely unprofessional.
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    You are going off of emotion. Consider that Castillo has had HUGE trouble making 135 since before he even fought Mayweather and then you're gonna accuse him of cheating the scale? For all you know he may have tried his hardest to make 135 and his body just won't do it anymore. He just can't make 135 anymore. I don't think he cheated at all.
    Starr...I think you're fighting a lost cause right now. Trouble making weight? Fine. 5 lbs overweight? No. That is unacceptable. He lied Starr. Plain and simple....he lied.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should he be banned though? No. Should get his license suspended? YES.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He HAD his corner man lift the scale?

and if he's a cheater then Mark Johnson and Manny Pacquiao would be in the same boat

You see I don't think he doubted he could make the weight when he signed for the fight(was 138 or so for Reyes) But when you can't do it you just can't do it. The commission ahd someone check on him once a month when he trained to see how much he weighed and each time they came he had to make weight per month or they would call the fight(as in once a month he had to haev a weight he was below when they weighed him), and he passed all of those. If after all that including the monthly weigh ins and he doesn't make the weight, I doubt he cheated, his body can't do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He HAD his corner man lift the scale?

and if he's a cheater then Mark Johnson and Manny Pacquiao would be in the same boat

You see I don't think he doubted he could make the weight when he signed for the fight(was 138 or so for Reyes) But when you can't do it you just can't do it. The commission ahd someone check on him once a month when he trained to see how much he weighed and each time they came he had to make weight per month or they would call the fight(as in once a month he had to haev a weight he was below when they weighed him), and he passed all of those. If after all that including the monthly weigh ins and he doesn't make the weight, I doubt he cheated, his body can't do it.
    no, if after all those monthly weigh ins that he passed he didnt make weight, it means he didnt try at the end. if we woke up the morning of weigh ins and saw he was 5 over (which is rediculous because he was 4 over on monday) he should have put on as many layers of clothes as possible and got his ass on a bike or something. He messed up bad and its his own fault any way you look at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Starr, if he cant make the weight he cant make the weight. But he knows that and his team know that. He should not be fighting at this weight anymore, and its their JOB to determine that. Well he failed to, and he has to take responsibility. If this was the first time id cut him some slack but cmon
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Starr, if he cant make the weight he cant make the weight. But he knows that and his team know that. He should not be fighting at this weight anymore, and its their JOB to determine that. Well he failed to, and he has to take responsibility. If this was the first time id cut him some slack but cmon
    i'm not saying NOT to come down on him. What I'm saying is stop trying to make it seem like he premeditated to come in overweight from thr day he signed the contracts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The mere fact that he didn't even lose an ounce after a 2 hr. period to lose weight for a second weigh in proves he wasn't trying to lose the weight at all. The guy's a fraud.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Starr herself said that he made 138 for Reyes on another thread...

So he can make 138 for Reyes but can only get down to 140 for Carrales?? You know something is rotten in Denmark with this guy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    i'm not saying NOT to come down on him. What I'm saying is stop trying to make it seem like he premeditated to come in overweight from thr day he signed the contracts
    I dont think he premeditated it, but im sure he had doubts when he signed the contract, but was blinded by dollar signs. He fooked up plain and simple. I hope Corrales gets compensated for every penny. Castillo needs to man up and not fight even if Corrales agrees to fight cause he knows he is too big and stong for him now.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JLC has really let me down....I expected better from him this time and i dont think its fair that he can just move on to bigger and better things before legitimately beating Corrales.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    JLC has really let me down....I expected better from him this time and i dont think its fair that he can just move on to bigger and better things before legitimately beating Corrales.

My point exactly mate - no way he should be allowed to fight Cotto or Hatton while the only professional in this whole scenario, Corrales, is left pissing in the wind - that's why I say ban or suspend him.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, this is some shat. Don't think Castillo should be banned or any of that radical shat. But he does not deserve to go on to a big payday mega fight with Cotto either. I say a suspension is in order. Plus he screwed himself pissin off his promoter so bad, now who is gonna promote him and take a risk on him? I like Castillo a lot, and think he is a great fighter, but if he came back after 2 hours and still could not lose 2 lbs, that aint right. Means he didn't want to fight, or something. I am no pro athlete, not by any stretch of the imagination but for a couple Mil, my ass could drop 2lbs in two hours I gurantee it. If I had to puke, and chug some ex lax and go run my ass off in a sweat suit I'd do it. Losing two lbs should have been nothing for Castillo.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information