Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Does it stand for Racism?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebel Flag

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Rebel Flag

just trying to settle a disagreement.....I think the flag stands for Racism now......maybe not when it was first made but now I think it does....
    It feels good to be back home.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Rebel Flag

No the flag is a symbol uses the same cross that's on the scottish flag and 13 stars to represent the suceeding states.

It doesn't stand for racism to me, it stands for State's Rights.

Alas I am not black so I can't say what it means to them...I feel pride in my southern heritage but I'm no racist just because of where I am from.

Idiots who use the flag for racist reasons like the reminents of the Klan and moron White Supremicists in Idaho and Montana paired with the Nazi Swastika really piss me off.

FYI, the Confederate States of America would have had a jewish president sooner than the US would have. Judah P. Bejamin was the first Treasurer of the CSA and he also was the Secretary of State and was in line to become President but the war ended.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    No the flag is a symbol uses the same cross that's on the scottish flag and 13 stars to represent the suceeding states.

It doesn't stand for racism to me, it stands for State's Rights.

Alas I am not black so I can't say what it means to them...I feel pride in my southern heritage but I'm no racist just because of where I am from.

Idiots who use the flag for racist reasons like the reminents of the Klan and moron White Supremicists in Idaho and Montana paired with the Nazi Swastika really piss me off.

FYI, the Confederate States of America would have had a jewish president sooner than the US would have. Judah P. Bejamin was the first Treasurer of the CSA and he also was the Secretary of State and was in line to become President but the war ended.
    the Confederate States of America would have had a jewish president sooner than the US would have what does that have to do with the price of beans in China?? exactly...why did you pull that attempt of "The South wasn't racist..Honest" crap......You're doing a pretty good job of searching the internet to find positive things about the South...pretty tough time you're having..."We would have elected a Jewish person first?" You know that was never going to happen in the south because as you just said....:when the war ended"....the south knew they were losing the war before it even started....South=losers.....give it up...you lost.....the south will never "rise" again....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have never saw it as racist..merely a reflection of regional pride. Peeps are proud to be from the South. Peeps are proud to be from Texas.

hell Ive even seen someone here be proud of being from the Buckeye State and it even wasnt the big ragu....tis was the original buckeye the one and only Brad4rdboxer. May he rest in peace.

He aint dead, he's just resting and his wife should leave him alone while he is resting. A man deserves to rest in peace after work. may he also drink his beer in peace.
    ORIGINAL MEMBER OF THE DREADED AND MUCH FEARED CIRCLE OF TRUST (CoT)Hidden Content
    Inventor of Who Are You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The big ragu..you know there was a tv character back in the day....Laverne and Shirley show I think.

was his name carmine? All I remember was that he always sang Youll never go from rags to riches or something like that

him and the Fonz once hung out so I guess he was cool.

laverne's dad was pretty cool too and Lennie and Squiggie were funny.

I just never saw laverne nor shirley as attractive and I could not figure out how guys wanted to vodee o do do with them.
    ORIGINAL MEMBER OF THE DREADED AND MUCH FEARED CIRCLE OF TRUST (CoT)Hidden Content
    Inventor of Who Are You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Dog
    The big ragu..you know there was a tv character back in the day....Laverne and Shirley show I think.

was his name carmine? All I remember was that he always sang Youll never go from rags to riches or something like that

him and the Fonz once hung out so I guess he was cool.

laverne's dad was pretty cool too and Lennie and Squiggie were funny.

I just never saw laverne nor shirley as attractive and I could not figure out how guys wanted to vodee o do do with them.
    cc for the knowledge nostalgia....

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a Texan and proud southern man I view the flag as symbol of southern pride...I also recognize how some people can see it as a symbol of hate...its very unfortunate that many unsavory groups in our country perpetuate it as such...that being said I think most southerners look at it as symbol of the things that make our region great and unique.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    the Confederate States of America would have had a jewish president sooner than the US would have what does that have to do with the price of beans in China?? exactly...why did you pull that attempt of "The South wasn't racist..Honest" crap......You're doing a pretty good job of searching the internet to find positive things about the South...pretty tough time you're having..."We would have elected a Jewish person first?" You know that was never going to happen in the south because as you just said....:when the war ended"....the south knew they were losing the war before it even started....South=losers.....give it up...you lost.....the south will never "rise" again....
    The South was winning the war until Stonewall Jackson was shot and killed and his battle plans were found.

I didn't search the internet for jack...I know things, I like history.

You are just arguing, I'm presenting historical FACT...there is a difference, one is what grown ups do and the second is what you do.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It stands for all the Southern Confederate freedom of the South, The majority of the South did not own slaves, The farmers of the south were too poor. But the North on the other hand 7 out of ten families owned and mistreated slaves. Although the South did have a ratio of about 3 out of 10 families that actually owned slaves, The slaves were treated with more dignity and had their own house to live in on the plantation, While the Northern slaves were treated as more or less has animals, The South has gotten a bad rep for this S***. The South is not a bunch of Klu Kluk Klan members having sex with the sisters....LOL That's just the misinterpretation of crap films.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The South was winning the war until Stonewall Jackson was shot and killed and his battle plans were found.

You are just arguing, I'm presenting historical FACT...there is a difference, one is what grown ups do and the second is what you do.
    The South was winning the war until Pres Lincoln told the slaves to fight for their freedom and then the south simply was out numbered.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeof74

The South was winning the war until Pres Lincoln told the slaves to fight for their freedom and then the south simply was out numbered.
    just for the record...I am a Tommy Morrison fan...and I was getting lyle all p'd off...and every one has their own facts that support their beliefs on this war...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just for the record...I am a Tommy Morrison fan...and I was getting lyle all p'd off...and every one has their own facts that support their beliefs on this war...
    Cool man, Lyle seems like a cool guy. No need for candy land bullshat on here though. Saddo will boot us all to curb.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool man, Lyle seems like a cool guy. No need for candy land bullshat on here though. Saddo will boot us all to curb.
    yeah...gotta get back to talking boxing....

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a national flag isnt racist IMO, its more a reflection of nationalist sentiments.....

personally speaking, ive little time for flags and nationalism when it becomes overtly political....

there is nothing wrong with someone waving a national flag at a soccer game though, we will see a lot of that over the next month and its a harmless thing really.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It represents the southern states

It also represents slavery of ethinic minorities.

Thread Information