Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STOP WITH YOUR STUPID COMPUBOX NUMBERS!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default STOP WITH YOUR STUPID COMPUBOX NUMBERS!!!!

you cant judge a fight by looking at the stupid compubox numbers unless there is an enormous difference (not the case here)
    if you could, then my daughter could score fights

there is something to be said about activity AND who is getting the better shots
    its not like winky was bobbin and weaving, making jt miss (notice winkys guard start going down at the end of the fight??)
    stop hollering about robberies cuz the last hatton fight was a hell of a lot closer than this.
    if anybody was robbed it was j.t

if you score on punching percentage it was winky
    if you score on effectiveness it was jt

it was an excellent match up and a draw was fair enough

and for gods sake STOP CRYING ABOUT HBO!!!!! last time i checked winky was one of their premier guys

so please winky fans.......accept the draw and pray there isnt another rematch cuz jermain is that good and hes only going to get better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: STOP WITH YOUR STUPID COMPUBOX NUMBERS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    you cant judge a fight by looking at the stupid compubox numbers unless there is an enormous difference (not the case here)

there is something to be said about activity AND who is getting the better shots
    its not like winky was bobbin and weaving, making jt miss (notice winkys guard start going down at the end of the fight??)
    stop hollering about robberies cuz the last hatton fight was a hell of a lot closer than this.

and for gods sake STOP CRYING ABOUT HBO!!!!! last time i checked winky was one of their premier guys

so please winky fans.......accept the draw and pray there isnt another rematch cuz jermain is that good and hes only going to get better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tuckwopat

haha......i just said i owed you a cc on another post.....then i came and saw this.....youre okay in my book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last time I checked Jermain Taylor was their premiere guy, their new Oscar Delahoya And punchstats aside, Winky won because he won. If Compubox didn't exist. We'd still see Winky winning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Last time I checked Jermain Taylor was their premiere guy, their new Oscar Delahoya And punchstats aside, Winky won because he won. If Compubox didn't exist. We'd still see Winky winning

nope........you are WRONG!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

right.....in a fight where a fighter outlands the other one 226 to 163 WHICH is not close by no means...you must be blind....but how about if a fighter outlands the other fighter 123 to 41 in POWER SHOTS?? or if a fighter lands at a 35% connect rate vs a 23% connect rate?...the numbers don't lie in this fight.....Winky beat Taylor.....he was more accurate and active landing far more punches than Taylor.....most of Taylors BOMBS as the blind lampley so ampley called them hit winky's gloves.....look on HBO'S compubox website and look at the poll on who the people thought won the fight...its 54% to 19% in favor of Winky!!!!
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu

right.....in a fight where a fighter outlands the other one 226 to 163 WHICH is not close by no means...you must be blind....but how about if a fighter outlands the other fighter 123 to 41 in POWER SHOTS?? or if a fighter lands at a 35% connect rate vs a 23% connect rate?...the numbers don't lie in this fight.....Winky beat Taylor.....he was more accurate and active landing far more punches than Taylor.....most of Taylors BOMBS as the blind lampley so ampley called them hit winky's gloves.....look on HBO'S compubox website and look at the poll on who the people thought won the fight...its 54% to 19% in favor of Winky!!!!

it was a draw........youre going to have to deal with it.
    winkys power shots i remember VERY few (a machine CANT tell you whos punches are doing more damage)
    as far as the hbo website you went on........winky has a
    LOT more fans than jt so thats why some website is going to reflect numbers in winkys favor.
    oh well..............i guess if winky feels he won the fight he will rematch right??
    jermains okay with it, so winky should be too, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

look on HBO'S compubox website and look at the poll on who the people thought won the fight...its 54% to 19% in favor of Winky!!!!
    That may be so, but look at the size of Wink's fanbase versus that of Taylor's. Winky makes more money off of T-shirts than Taylor does boxing. (okay, that was an exaggeration, but you still get the point)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

winkys power shots i remember VERY few (a machine CANT tell you whos punches are doing more damage)
    LOT more fans than jt so thats why some website is going to reflect numbers in winkys favor.
    oh well..............i guess if winky feels he won the fight he will rematch right??
    no , I think you have to deal with it....Taylor had the Hometown, promotion and judges pulling for him and all he could muster was a draw.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no , I think you have to deal with it....Taylor had the Hometown, promotion and judges pulling for him and all he could muster was a draw.....
    deal with what??
    the hometown decision?! and here i thought jt was from arkansas and not tennessee. remember the beginning of the fight when it was said how many seats were EMPTY? jt had 1/2 the crowd.....you need to watch the fight in order to know that

all im dealing with right now is why winky doesnt want a rematch while jermain would welcome one........must be that vicious ass beating winky put on right?

you are probably one of the ULTRA-BIASED who scored the 12th for winky.

get real, theres a reason winky doesnt want a rematch (its because he doesnt want to get "robbed" again, right?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

some ofthe seats were empty because they upped the price of some seats to gargantuan totals Not because they didn't want to see the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

get real, theres a reason winky doesnt want a rematch (its because he doesnt want to get "robbed" again, right?)
    How about you say how Taylor won the 12th? And if you are gonna say the 3 punch flurry, you need to be reminded that right afterwards Winky backed Jermain up with punches into a corner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

some ofthe seats were empty because they upped the price of some seats to gargantuan totals Not because they didn't want to see the fight.
    i know.........jts fan-base i think is for the most part the trailer park genre (like pacquios fan base at home, not a whole lot of money)
    but man that guy is so good for the sport......so was winky imo till after the fight.
    what a great fight.....im gonna go to church and pray for a rematch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How about you say how Taylor won the 12th? And if you are gonna say the 3 punch flurry, you need to be reminded that right afterwards Winky backed Jermain up with punches into a corner

im gonna go watch the fight again with the volume off (this will be my 5th time since it happened) just for you, starr
    tomorrow we will discuss once again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yea watch the 12th again in particular.

Thread Information