Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jaidon Coddrington???

Does any one know what happend to this kid after he got knocked out by Allen Green ? Did he hang his gloves up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jaidon Coddrington???

LOOKS LIKE IT....  how do u go from fighting guys with records like that to a guy atop the div....  He deserved to get KO'd

Like your name... Jake was the man.. Best chin in boxing history. heres your first cool click welcome
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by "PRIDE OF PROVIDENCE"
    LOOKS LIKE IT.... how do u go from fighting guys with records like that to a guy atop the div.... He deserved to get KO'd
    It's called taking a step up, more fighters should try it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats like me jumping into pro boxing and fighting a fringe contender like manfredo...  you dont go from fighting 17-11 and 13-29 guys right to 21-0---thats not a step up it's suicide

and thanx for the sad click...  here's yours, chief
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Green wasn't a HUGE step up, sure he had a few more fights under his belt but he wasn't exactly elite. Codrington just got fucked up

I thought he had a fight scheduled? maybe I was wrong.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nuthin on boxrec yet
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats like me jumping into pro boxing and fighting a fringe contender like manfredo... you dont go from fighting 17-11 and 13-29 guys right to 21-0---thats not a step up it's suicide

and thanx for the sad click... here's yours, chief
    I didn't sadclick you...I had no reason to.

And Memphis is right. Green wasn't elite. Codrington took on a guy with a few more fights under his belt...if he won, which he very well could have, then it would have been a huge win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thnx for the cc providence.. I feel bad for Coddrington because he was a great prospect and was doing well, I think it was unfair for DiBella and Dash promotions to put him up against some one like Green with only 9 wins or whatever it was. They got cocky with him and were trying to push him and the chin checkers in to the spot light too quickly BAD PROMOTING !! Yeah green is not unstoppable but wayyyyy further along then coddrington was it is a shame.. That Coddrington got his heart ripped out and because of it probably doesnt even want to fight any more because expectations were so high for him..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO
    thats like me jumping into pro boxing and fighting a fringe contender like manfredo... you dont go from fighting 17-11 and 13-29 guys right to 21-0---thats not a step up it's suicide

And Memphis is right. Green wasn't elite. Codrington took on a guy with a few more fights under his belt...if he won, which he very well could have, then it would have been a huge win.
    Then I apologize and will make up for it tomorrow and will throw u another cc the next day... It happened right when u posted so I thought it was u... obviously it was somone in another post or so one who chose not to joust with me and cowardly sc me without a word. I am sorry
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ThA BrOnX BuLL
    thnx for the cc providence.. I feel bad for Coddrington because he was a great prospect and was doing well, I think it was unfair for DiBella and Dash promotions to put him up against some one like Green with only 9 wins or whatever it was. They got cocky with him and were trying to push him and the chin checkers in to the spot light too quickly BAD PROMOTING !! Yeah green is not unstoppable but wayyyyy further along then coddrington was it is a shame.. That Coddrington got his heart ripped out and because of it probably doesnt even want to fight any more because expectations were so high for him..
    When he beat the guy faster then Willie Gibbs did in only his 5th or 6th fight, I think we all got ahead of ourselves. But he still had great talent...and I still think he could have done a number on Green.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO

Then I apologize and will make up for it tomorrow and will throw u another cc the next day... It happened right when u posted so I thought it was u... obviously it was somone in another post or so one who chose not to joust with me and cowardly sc me without a word. I am sorry
    Don't worry bout it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ThA BrOnX BuLL
    I hope thats not the case but I beg to differ with these to and think it was out of his league much like a Beyer- Green fight... They are @ 2 different stages and skill levels... Thats why Im so irritated with Calzaghe... He'd take on a green right now cuz he's afraid of damaging his record... I like joe alot and he is a great fighter. the best in the smw. but he needs to grow a set and fight(Besides the 1 demensional Lacy, was a good win anyway. way outclassed him) a true power in the division and not a manfredo or a catch fight with the human stepping stone Johnson...
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I read somewhere that he is still training and is looking forward to getting back in the ring. I'm not sure where, but I know most definitely that the guy is not done yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well i know his partner Curtis stevens has still been knocking people out consistently! so i hope his promoters dont make the same mistake they did with Jaidon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had read that Jaidon had the flu that week and wasnt feeling 100% on fight night. He did not want to back out and he got caught early. Hopefully we will see him in a ring soon.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information