Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default boxing ring

we all know that when a figther gets knock down...the fighter suffers even more when the fighters head hits the mat hard...shouldn't they make the mat of the boxing ring more softer to soften the fall of the fighters...how come nobody has address this matter yet...fighters suffer from this terribly...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: boxing ring

make em fight in a bouncy castle, sort the men out from the boys
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by babyboNe
    we all know that when a figther gets knock down...the fighter suffers even more when the fighters head hits the mat hard...shouldn't they make the mat of the boxing ring more softer to soften the fall of the fighters...how come nobody has address this matter yet...fighters suffer from this terribly...
    Hard enough to move around on that surface they used, it'd be like walking around on a bed if it were softer, from what I remember as an amateur 25 years ago. Come to think of it I was 16 then and since I turned 41 today it was 25 years ago.
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beds
    Oh howabout fight knee deep in water?

It would be great, someone get's knocked down, disappears under the water, ref count's to 10 then reaches down and pulls them back out.

Could even put a few ankle snapping fish and some big eels, maybe have an alligator in their for heavyweight championship fights. That would teach these big boys to be light on their feet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferTheGreat
    Hard enough to move around on that surface they used, it'd be like walking around on a bed if it were softer, from what I remember as an amateur 25 years ago. Come to think of it I was 16 then and since I turned 41 today it was 25 years ago.
    yeah....if it was any softer you would have some of the worst fights ever....might as well put them in a pick up truck bed because they wouldn't be able to move.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL

Bilbo, Lucifer, Ragu... I concur.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    LOL

Bilbo, Lucifer, Ragu... I concur.
    That would drastically handicap boxers who like to get in and out and would seriously negate the speed advantage...

Cmon people its not like there fighting in your kitchen so when they get knocked down they dont smack there heads on the countertops and kitchen table..ITS BOXING!!!!!

though it would be fun to watch Valuev and Klit battling it out on a Trampoline

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the answer to your question is obvious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if it was padded then grip would be sacrificed, fighters allready slip ALOT, and they go down more from losing thier grip then they do hit thier head, it would increase thje occurance of a more common problem and only be benneficial the few times someones head actually does hit, they would be better off making promoters pay for logos that dont get slippery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cant the logos just be lazered on

nicely printed rather than stuck on
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    if it was padded then grip would be sacrificed, fighters allready slip ALOT, and they go down more from losing thier grip then they do hit thier head, it would increase thje occurance of a more common problem and only be benneficial the few times someones head actually does hit, they would be better off making promoters pay for logos that dont get slippery
    its not just grip, have you ever tried boxing on a hard floor compared to boxing on a canvas? theres less to push against so your slighltly slower... the more padded it is, the more force you have toexcert to move which if we fought on padded ground would = tired, slower sloppier fights.

its hard to counter any way... its not going to stop the brain rattling in the skull... slam your head off the floor of a bouncy castle and tell me what happens...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

slaps ya face like a bitch or gets wedged in the gaps
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is already MANDITORY for all Rings to be setup using 1" EVA Foam Padding...

EVA Foam Padding is not your run of the mill foam, its very good and very expensive to have. Its thickness it established based on how hard a fighter could fall to the ring when getting knocked down and what thickness would be safe for them to fall on...

Whether its one inch or 3 inch Jiu Jitsu Mat Padding, if anyone falls the wrong way, they will be hurt....

That one inch of EVA Foam, believe it or not, actually takes about 8-10% of the maximum power out of a punch when its thrown...the thicker the padding, the less the strength....Also, the thicker the padding, the harder it is for a fighter to move around in the ring....

As for the grip statements made, I feel that has more to do with what the Ring Mat is made of...Is it canvas or Vinyl Coated?? Does it have Advertisements all over it??(I hate that btw). If your fighter is properly attired, then the ring should be fine...

So, for the answer to your question is NO, leave the padding just the way it is, I feel that Boxing organizations have taken the precautions needed to protect fighters....

If there are people worried about how hard the ring is when they hit it, maybe you need to stop getting your ass knocked out!!!!

Good luck,,

Coach

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingCoachBW
    It is already MANDITORY for all Rings to be setup using 1" EVA Foam Padding...

EVA Foam Padding is not your run of the mill foam, its very good and very expensive to have. Its thickness it established based on how hard a fighter could fall to the ring when getting knocked down and what thickness would be safe for them to fall on...

Whether its one inch or 3 inch Jiu Jitsu Mat Padding, if anyone falls the wrong way, they will be hurt....

That one inch of EVA Foam, believe it or not, actually takes about 8-10% of the maximum power out of a punch when its thrown...the thicker the padding, the less the strength....Also, the thicker the padding, the harder it is for a fighter to move around in the ring....

So, for the answer to your question is NO, leave the padding just the way it is, I feel that Boxing organizations have taken the precautions needed to protect fighters....

If there are people worried about how hard the ring is when they hit it, maybe you need to stop getting your a** knocked out!!!!

Good luck,,

Coach

Have a cool click, coach. That was a very informative, very interesting post.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cant the logos just be lazered on

nicely printed rather than stuck on
    that takes $$$

promoters wanna keep that $$$