Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob Arum: Mayweather is Terrified of Margarito; Fans Call him "FRAUD Mayweather

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bob Arum: Mayweather is Terrified of Margarito; Fans Call him "FRAUD Mayweather

These days, Floyd Mayweather's nick name "Pretty Boy Floyd", has been changed by many fans... a lot of fans how now changed that Nick name from "Pretty Boy" to "FRAUD Mayweather Jr." Many fans believe ducking 8 million dollar pay day against Antonio Margarito can mean only one thing...Floyd is in fear of Margarito. Many fans are even refusing to give Mayweather a decent place on their Pound for Pound list.

Bob Arum who promoted Mayweather and is still the promoter for Margarito seems to agree with fans. Arum is quoted in the Grand Rapids Press as saying "He (Mayweather) can say whatever he wants but he's terrified of Margarito.That's
    the only explanation."

Arum went further, adding: "It would be his biggest purse ever, by far. So if he weren't terrified, he would go ahead with the fight and pick up the $8 million, then try to make the fight with (Oscar) De La Hoya, right? I suppose Mayweather could go fight Baldomir, if Baldomir beats Gatti, but that's no pay-per-view fight. These opponents aren't in the business of fighting Mayweather and letting him have all the money. I don't know what he's thinking, but I would say there's a very good possibility he won't fight again this year."

The deadline to face Antonio Margarito is fast approaching and Arum says they will move elsewhere and fight someone else if Floyd isn't interested.
    doghouseboxing.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bob Arum: Mayweather is Terrified of Margarito; Fans Call him "FRAUD Mayweather

Margarito is a hype machine that someone will have a showcase against
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bob Arum: Mayweather is Terrified of Margarito; Fans Call him "FRAUD Mayweather

Nah, Arum ain't bitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bob Arum: Mayweather is Terrified of Margarito; Fans Call him "FRAUD Mayweat

still all talk
    the match hasnt been made
    and wont be made
    action will show us what we need to see
    dont know if margaritos all hype
    i havent seen him fight floyd
    so still all talk
    lets do this punks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO PBF should fight this guy, to prove that his not scared.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Nah, Arum ain't bitter.
    LOL CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t know man, I think some people are just never satisfied. I feel Floyd has fought a nice array of fighters ?

Judah ,Mitchell, Gatti,, Corley , Castillo, Jesus Chavez ( who is a great fighter) , Corrales, Manfredy, Hernandez

to call him a fraud is asinine. IMO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kyle0930
    IMO PBF should fight this guy, to prove that his not scared.....
    And Margarito should fight Collazo and Mitchell to prove he's for real.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    I don’t know man, I think some people are just never satisfied. I feel Floyd has fought a nice array of fighters ?

Judah ,Mitchell, Gatti,, Corley , Castillo, Jesus Chavez ( who is a great fighter) , Corrales, Manfredy, Hernandez

The thing is that he is not just any fighter. He is the #1 guy and he has to act like it. He can't keep fighting safe fights for big money and expect the fans to keep loving him.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bx730NY

The thing is that he is not just any fighter. He is the #1 guy and he has to act like it. He can't keep fighting safe fights for big money and expect the fans to keep loving him.
    I hear what you saying , but i don't see anyone unsafe for Mayweather? unless he moves up in weight? which he should not do ! Margarito would be an exciting fight, so would Hatton but i don't see either one of them beating Floyd ? IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hear what you saying , but i don't see anyone unsafe for Mayweather? unless he moves up in weight? which he should not do ! Margarito would be an exciting fight, so would Hatton but i don't see either one of them beating Floyd ? IMO
    I don't see either of them beating him but those are the fights that are going to keep fans believing so he has to take them and not keep trying fool anybody saying he should be #1 w/o proving a damn thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see either of them beating him but those are the fights that are going to keep fans believing so he has to take them and not keep trying fool anybody saying he should be #1 w/o proving a damn thing.
    I would love to see those fights be made, and I believe they will at some point , they just have to get the business side squared away. you got to keep thinking business in this game, cause your next fight could be your last, so when you get to a certain point in your career, you got to look out for yourself and your family and make that money when you can .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would love to see those fights be made, and I believe they will at some point , they just have to get the business side squared away. you got to keep thinking business in this game, cause your next fight could be your last, so when you get to a certain point in your career, you got to look out for yourself and your family and make that money when you can .
    Well that's the thing, does he want to be considered the best P4P fighter or businessman? He chose this proffesion and he should know what it takes to stay on top. If he doesn't and only wants to make money (not history), then he should step aside and and stop saying he wants to be reffered to as the best. If they offered me 8 mil to fight Margarito, I'll take that in a heartbeat. My family would be straight with that. He's messing up his own rep, no one is doing it to him. He says one thing one minute and something else the other. This is a fight game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hillarious.

Arum should keep his mouth shut...he took enough hush money from Floyd when he sold him his contract!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is the king of boxing, Bernard is gone, Oscar is gone, and he will have to carry the show on his own. We need him to take the big fights and he should fight one of the big three (Cotto, Hatton, Margarito)

Thread Information