Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default PAC-LARIOS FIGHT, LESS THAN A THRILLA IN MANILA

I agree to what the postman said that to compare the pac-larios to the Thrilla in Manila in 1975 is an overrating pac's tune-up fight going to his 3rd encounter with Morales. Click http://thepostman.prepys.com/archive...han-a-thrilla/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PAC-LARIOS FIGHT, LESS THAN A THRILLA IN MANILA

I agree. the Thrilla in Manila was one of the greatest boxing matches of all time. Coming from the Philippines myself, I knew this was nothing but a glorified tune up. A similar thing happened before Pacquiao's first fight with Morales. Manny fought and unheralded Fashan 3k Battery who had a record of 44-7-1. I'll admit Larios is a bigger name, but being honest, Larios is now a 2nd tier fighter, he wasn't the same dominant champion of the Super Bantamweight division.

And the undercard proves this too. Filipino prospect Jimrex Jaca faces off against Hector Javier Marquez who had a record of 28-16-0. Sure, as a Filipino I liked seing our boxers show their stuff in the ring. But as a boxing fan, it was a shame for me to make such lopsided matches on the undercard.

Thrilla in Manila? I doubt it. The Mano A Mano event was merely a piece of the puzzle in hyping up Morales-Pacquiao III

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PAC-LARIOS FIGHT, LESS THAN A THRILLA IN MANILA

Quote Originally Posted by mizpah
    I agree to what the postman said that to compare the pac-larios to the Thrilla in Manila in 1975 is an overrating pac's tune-up fight going to his 3rd encounter with Morales. Click http://thepostman.prepys.com/archive...han-a-thrilla/

I agree

Thread Information