Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jermain Taylor fights Mora or Lorenzo on Dec 9

From Boxingtalk.

Boxingtalk.com has been informed that undefeated undisputed middleweight champion Jermain 'Bad Intentions' Taylor will return to the ring against either Sergio Mora or Giovanni Lorenzo in Little Rock, Arkansas, on December 9. Taylor was originally scheduled to fight on December 2, with Ricky Hatton expected to fight on December 9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jermain Taylor fights Mora or Lorenzo on Dec 9

I'm not really surprised DiBella said he needs an easy fight like this. After fighting Winky and Hopkins twice I'm guessing they think he needs a break. So why not have him fight an inferior opponent and on top of that give him home court advantage. I don't know much about Giovanni Lorenzo but if Sergio fought Jermain. I think he would straight up get outclassed. He doesn't have enough experience and Jermain will be too strong for him. I think it'd be a really dumb idea for Mora's promoters to put him up against a fighter of this caliber this early in his career. Plus isn't Sergio scheduled for a fight against Eric Regan next month?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker
    I'm not really surprised DiBella said he needs an easy fight like this. After fighting Winky and Hopkins twice I'm guessing they think he needs a break. So why not have him fight an inferior opponent and on top of that give him home court advantage. I don't know much about Giovanni Lorenzo but if Sergio fought Jermain. I think he would straight up get outclassed. He doesn't have enough experience and Jermain will be too strong for him. I think it'd be a really dumb idea for Mora's promoters to put him up against a fighter of this caliber this early in his career. Plus isn't Sergio scheduled for a fight against Eric Regan next month?
    Jermain already beat Mora in the Olympic trials. Mora won two Golden Gloves titles and then jumped into the 2000 Olympic Trials but lost in the finals to Taylor.

IWO, Mora hasn't improved nearly as much as Taylor has...he's fwocked. Mora's promoters are foolish.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lorenzo & Mora should fight each other to see who faces Taylor. I think Lorenzo's a much better fighter than Mora. Sergio even said on Friday Night Fights that if he was a manager he wouldn't fight Taylor right now. That says all I need to hear.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

God this must be a joke. Taylor will obliterate Mora easily it will be ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    God this must be a joke. Taylor will obliterate Mora easily it will be ridiculous.
    Agreed...but I would shit my pants if Taylor drops Mora & Mora get's up to a win.

Thing is...Mora's physically & mentally smaller than "Stuttering Stanley" & the fact that he's already lost to him can't be a plus.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    Agreed...but I would S*** my pants if Taylor drops Mora & Mora get's up to a win.

Thing is...Mora's physically & mentally smaller than "Stuttering Stanley" & the fact that he's already lost to him can't be a plus.
    Am I the only person on this entire forum that is a Sergio Mora fan?

I really like the guy. Lack of power and susceptible to cuts are two big weaknesses but he's an exciting fighter to watch who throws great combinations, especially to the body and always rises to the challenge.

You may all think I'm crazy but I reckon within a year or two Mora will have an almost Gatti like following. The way his face is beaten to a bloody mess virtually every time he fights, and the way he just keeps coming back no matter what are great attributes.

Personally I would love to see Sergio standing on the ropes beating his chest after a twelve round war with Taylor, blood streaming from his face like a true warrior.

I gotta say since his second fight with Manfredo he has really grown on me. One of my favourite fighters right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Nah...I doubt it...but I'd say you were one of the few.

I really like the guy. Lack of power and susceptible to cuts are two big weaknesses but he's an exciting fighter to watch who throws great combinations, especially to the body and always rises to the challenge.
    I don't like him. I think that he's a good B level fighter...but once he fights a challenge...that's the way he'll come off...challenged.

You may all think I'm crazy but I reckon within a year or two Mora will have an almost Gatti like following. The way his face is beaten to a bloody mess virtually every time he fights, and the way he just keeps coming back no matter what are great attributes.
    I don't think that he'll make it to Gatti like status & I don't think that he's got the personality to draw Gatti like crowds.

Personally I would love to see Sergio standing on the ropes beating his chest after a twelve round war with Taylor, blood streaming from his face like a true warrior.
    I'd love to see him eyeing Taylor's chin from the canvas.

I gotta say since his second fight with Manfredo he has really grown on me. One of my favourite fighters right now.
    Don't rate Manfredo & I gotta say that after seeing him struggle in the first two rounds against the limited TerMeliksetian & get dropped made me realize that he aint got long if he moves to 160.

Honestly...I think Taylor makes short work of him.

No disrespect to your liking him Bilbo, seriously, I just never warmed to him or his attitude...nor did I dig on the Contender or many of the...errrrrrrrrrr...contenders.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Nah...I doubt it...but I'd say you were one of the few.

I don't like him. I think that he's a good B level fighter...but once he fights a challenge...that's the way he'll come off...challenged.

I don't think that he'll make it to Gatti like status & I don't think that he's got the personality to draw Gatti like crowds.

I'd love to see him eyeing Taylor's chin from the canvas.

Don't rate Manfredo & I gotta say that after seeing him struggle in the first two rounds against the limited TerMeliksetian & get dropped made me realize that he aint got long if he moves to 160.

Honestly...I think Taylor makes short work of him.

No disrespect to your liking him Bilbo, seriously, I just never warmed to him or his attitude...nor did I dig on the Contender or many of the...errrrrrrrrrr...contenders.
    Don't worry no disrespect taken

Mark my words though, Mora WILL be a big star. Maybe not a Taylor beater, but if the fight does happen he will win a bunch of fans from it, think Hatton Collazo or Berrara Juarez.

He's slippery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't worry no disrespect taken

Mark my words though, Mora WILL be a big star. Maybe not a Taylor beater, but if the fight does happen he will win a bunch of fans from it, think Hatton Collazo or Berrara Juarez.

He's slippery.
    Nope...I agree...he's got skills...but I don't think that he will be effective at 160 once he get's a real 160lb man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to interject here cause I have one thing that I dont like about Mora and that is I can't stand him. I agree w/ Wacko that he is a B level fighter, and that might even be high. Did you see the video of him sparring Margarito? Mora was a human punching bag and his one "skill" if being agile and moving around a lot only worked if he was supposed to be moving into Margaritos punches. Mora looked like an amatuer in that session and I know people dont always go 100% in sparring but this was a beatdown.

No way he's gonna last with Taylor, I say KO in 6 cause Mora's going to get cocky and try to trade with Taylor and he's never been hit by a guy with Taylors power. but I really dont want to see this fight...and if it happens there's no way im ordering ppv.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd see Mora surviving til the 8th or 9th.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor deserves an easy fight and there could be worse opponents than Mora. At least he's got some name recognition. I know nothing about Lorenzo, I'd rather it be Mora.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Taylor deserves an easy fight and there could be worse opponents than Mora. At least he's got some name recognition. I know nothing about Lorenzo, I'd rather it be Mora.
    I've never seen Lorenzo fight but he is unbeaten. Actually Mora, Lorenzo and Sechew Powell have all fought the Shark Atttack, Turmel-something or other ain't got a clue how you spell his name!

Anyway Mora seems to have handled him just as well as Powell and Lorenzo which says something. Sure he suffered a flash knockdown in the first round but he came back to dominate. I like Mora, I think he could be a suprise package.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mora may be better then you think

http://www.youtube.com/v/pEDJSPoabLA
    http://www.youtube.com/v/pEDJSPoabLA

Thread Information