0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pacquiao to retire next year?

Pacquiao wants to retire next year
    By Aquiles Zonio
    Inquirer
    Last updated 04:30pm (Mla time) 08/03/2006

GENERAL SANTOS CITY -- World Boxing Council Super Featherweight International champion Manny Pacquiao said he would retire next year.

Pacquiao revealed this during an interview with reporters on Wednesday, saying he wanted to focus more on running his businesses, especially the Manny Pacquiao Promotions.

"Maybe after about two fights, I will retire already. I want to personally supervise my business ventures. It really makes a difference when one manages his own business," Pacquiao said.

The boxing idol is set to face Mexican boxer Erik Morales in a rubber match on November 18 in Las Vegas.

He said he did not want to retire from the sport with physical or mental disabilities because he would still want to enjoy life after boxing.

Pacquiao’s other business ventures include a pharmacy, a convenience store, a seven-hectare cock farm, and a lotto outlet, among others.

He refused to comment when asked about his reported plan to run as vice mayor of Manila.

Inquirer Mindanao Bureau

http://newsinfo.inq7.net/breakingnew...ticle_id=13299

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao to retire next year?

well good for pacman. at least he knows what he wants......although i would love to see him in there vs marquez or MAB....but i wonder if he will feel the same if he loses before he retires........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just hope he gets the Barrera and Marquez rematch done before he does. There are still a lot of big fights to be made so I don't know if he will be able to turn down the megabuck offers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC for the exclusive KK. I find it hard to believe though with so many mega fights out there...the EM match,then MAB,Marquez is still there.Then there are guiys like Ancelino Freitas who mentioned in an interview that he wanted Pac,Raheem,possibly Juarez etc etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dont forget juan diaz, there are a shatload of fights out there for all fighters 140 & down.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah MAB II and JMM II then my boy can retire on top baby! hes gotta give me 2 more chances to clock my DD pinay nurse wifeys too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's clear to see that Pacman does not have Roy Jones syndrome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think most of us agree that Chico would be to much for him (large Majority) except for a couple of people on this site (Pacfan) but height, reach, weight, and power would all be advantages for Chico and I don't see Pac overcoming all of that (even though he is a great fighter)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sob... Sob... Sob... ... ... ...
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rsan-chez
    dont forget juan diaz, there are a shatload of fights out there for all fighters 140 & down.....
    Would love to see this fight, 50/50 pick em for sure.

Diaz isn't much bigger than Pac so nothing like fighting Coralles. Could be an all time classic if it ever happens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao ponders politics as future option
    By NICK GIONGCO

MANNY PACQUIAO is still undecided whether to run as vice-mayor of Manila next year, but there were signs that he is weighing his options one of them a political career after boxing.

In a radio interview, Pacquiao, who is being eyed to be the running mate of mayoralty candidate Arnold "Ali" Atienza, son of incumbent Manila mayor Lito Atienza, said his intentions of seeking public office was not influenced by anyone.

"Hindi ako kinumbinse. (I was not forced)," said Pacquiao. "Ako ang nagdesisyon sa sarili ko. (I decided on my own)."

Pacquiao said his loved ones have even expressed full backing to whatever he is going to get his hands into.

"Kung ano ang hakbang ko, susuportahan ako ng aking pamilya (My family supports me in everything that I do)," said the 27-year-old Pacquiao, whose decision to transfer his residency to Manila from General Santos last month fueled speculations that the Atienzas, his long-time backers, may have influenced him to join the political arena.

"Wala pang final ‘yan (I haven’t decided on that)," said Pacquiao, who is set to battle Erik Morales for the third time on Nov. 18 in Las Vegas.

Still, there were indications that he is on his way to City Hall next year when the former world flyweight and superbantamweight king told his interviewers about his desire to lend a hand to the people of Manila.

"Asahan nila ang aking serbisyo di lamang sa ibabaw ng ring kundi maging sa bayan (I can assure the people that I am willing to provide service not only in the ring but outside)," said Pacquiao, who even hinted of retirement after two more fights, including the rubber match with Morales.

Pacquiao arrived yesterday from GenSan and proceeded immediately to ABS-CBN headquarters before working out at a Cubao recording studio for a rehearsal.

Atienza also dismissed reports that he has been handpicked to replace his father, who is no longer eligible to run and is eyeing a senatorial seat.

"No comment," the young Atienza said yesterday afternoon.

http://www.mb.com.ph/SPRT2006080571001.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC KK for yet another exclusive!!!! Is he being serious though,I mean does he know anything about politics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is only 27 years old. Why retire next year?

Maybe he wants to save his brain?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really hope he gets the MAB & JMM rematches otta the way before/ if he chooses to retire. Personally I hope he stick around a couple more years, theres to many good fights out there for him to leave.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    CC KK for yet another exclusive!!!! Is he being serious though,I mean does he know anything about politics?
    Seems he's seriously considering it. That's the way here in the P.I., you don't have to know about politics to get elected if you're popular, though the Pacman is getting quite a backlash from the local fans and media cos of his pronouncement.

Thread Information