Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: FLicker jab?

It depends on the situation to what jab you use, if your oppenent is quick and has alot of head movement, you would use the flick jab, dont even need much power, just make contact. If your opponent has a cut you can use the flick jab to make his cut worse or i find for speed i use the flick jab too its quicker to throw out and pull back. But if you have an opponent who keeps coming forward in a straight line with not much head movement you would use a straight jab or just stick the jab out there so you can set up a right. I find i ise the flick jab more than a straight jab cos you can throw it from most angles and you can throw it on the move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unhappy Re: FLicker jab?

As my first post on this website I would like to just say that I watched this video of sugar ray versus Floyd Mayweather and Mayweather throws some punches that look like flickers. He seems to use them when it's appropriate. Even if what he is using isn't really a flicker, the flicker is something you should know how to do, because it might be effective against someone...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It has its benifits i think. Its good for keeping you opponent off timing, i suppose a normal jab is to butits also annoying, lso flicker jab can be good for counter pounching depending on your style. Many times sparing iv flicked the jab out inviting the opponent to left hook(im Southpaw) so i can counter.Sometimes i use it to Quicken my Left hand up in a wierd way :S Amature boxing is abit different I have seen some score but 9/10 its not enough for a Judge to score i suppose its personal Preferance if you like it or not.
    Last edited by rowza; 06-01-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

can anyone post a video of a good flicker jab being used in the ring?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look up Thomas Hearns he used it quite alot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The best one to use it was George Foreman in his older years. Yes he had a devastating jab that jerked your head way back (check the Holyfield fight).But he also used as a setup punch just to get your attention and blind you momentarily than BAM the right hand comes right behind it. The Michael Moorer fight was the perfect example of this.

Thread Information