Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Getting KO'd... does it hurt?

Do you wake up with a headache or what? The sparring I've done was either light or I've clearly "won" so I'm still not sure what it's like to really get hit or floored. Basically I'm dominating the dojo. Does it hurt? Do you get a headache after? One time I was popped in the nose...didn't like it so I gave him one back. This question has been the key factor as to why I'm taking my time in getting in the ring with the seasoned club boxers....the guys that have 15-20+ fights to their name. They're dumb as stumps so I know I can out-think them, but one has to find me eventually. I'm not AFRAID to get hit, I just wanna make sure I'm ready to take that risk on every level.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Getting KO'd... does it hurt?

Von look at it this way, any gym what would let you through the doors cant be all that and the fighters must be crap, so you wont come to too much harm. only kidding
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dunno, never been knocked down... After a bout I've woken up with an 'ow I can't move my head' head ache... a few times though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Von look at it this way, any gym what would let you through the doors cant be all that and the fighters must be crap, so you wont come to too much harm. only kidding
    cc, thats funny!
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scrap. Sad click to ya, y'old bastard!!!!

You know, judging by the lack of response, I'd say that almost nobody who uses this forum actually boxes. Most just talk about it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

maybe they've just never been properly knocked cold, amatuers boxers a very strict and in amatuer boxing its more likely to happen when lots of shots get you in trouble.

Few Amatuers plant their feet and through properly. Seen plenty of stopages at the shows I've been at but very few one punch KOs and a lot where from body shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

most people at the gym truly do suck. poor mechanics, no athleticism or coordination whatsoever. Frightening, really. I'm fortunate that I'm blessed with "hard punches and great leverage." But I approach everything very methodically and scientifically... slowly, in the mirror, even with a metronome, etc to develop my rythm and timing and feel. The two old farts that have been trainnig me stress proper mechanics and nothing but. They feel all that fancy sht will come as you develop your own style in the ring. Thus, we work strictly on four punches and bringing the hands back, otherwise I'm eating a mit. And I mean EATING it. One time he popped me so hard I almost hit him back I was so pissed off. I took it right in the mouth with no mouthguard. But I learned my lesson.

I actually like it when my trainers fire back because it gets you accustomed to seeing punches come at you. You have to learn to keep the eyes open and relax through the oncoming flurries, otherwise you'll get clocked. IMO.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Von my old mate do your worst, but I still think your one hell of a guy. I havent sad clicked anyone on the site, and Im not going to. NnnaNNaNa

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Daniel son... you pretty ok too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

did anyone see that old brian dennahy / cuba gooding jr movie Gladiators?

At the end when he's fighting the white guy, Dennehy drops his head as the kid punches and it kills his hand. But doesn't that hurt the forehead? the movie made it seem like it wouldn't hurt. But hell it must.

I've been toying with the idea of headbutting a punch or two in a sparring session, just to try it to see how it feels, despite having the gloves and headgear.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive been put on my arse a few times, but never got a headache. Now that would worry me. When I went down, it was like what am I doing here, Oh fuck he put me down, the cunt. Ill bash the bastard when I get up, the 2nd time is Oh fuck if I get up the cunt will kill me. But you get up then the other fellas arsehole starts twitching, Its an ongoing learning experiance is this game you learn so much about yourself and other people. In fact Ive been on the floor that many times, Ive got a cauliflower arse. You cant beat the old gags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what does that mean, "you can't beat the old gags"?

don't mention cauliflower to me. boxers NOT getting cauliflower ears is why I chose boxing instead of BJJ or some other fighting sport.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gags are jokes

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scrap you told that one before! :P

Von, know what you should do when some one trys to stick the nut on you? drop down and lower your head so his nose hits your skull.

Instant broken nose.

This kid at my school nutteda lad who spent too long squaring up to him do (as people who don't really want to fight do) but lucky for the lad who spent ages squarring up... he knocked himself clean out.

Don't know if he had a a head ache but his giant sloped forehead obviusly did him more harm than good... :P real sad kid, year above us and used to try and knock about with us and get rejected like kids the year below would.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have never been knocked out. I have never knocked anyone out.

I've expericend vertgio from an inner ear infection.

I've been hit in the head with a bat and never been KO'd. Once I was playing tackle football too close to the road and busted the back of my head on the concrete running at top speed... never got KO'd. I had concussions both times though.

I'm not extra tough or anything it's just saying that knocking someone out isn't as easy as some think. Punches landed in the right spots will do it but blunt force isn't so useful.

Anyway I not sure what my point was. I'm hungry and tired...

Thread Information