Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Edison Miranda: "No Decisions, I'm Going to KO Abraham "

On August 26th, number one ranked Edison 'Pantera' Miranda (26-0, 23 ko's) will fight IBF champion Arthur Abraham (21-0, 17 ko's) for the middleweight championship of the world. The fight will take place in Oldenburg, Germany at the EWE Arena at 4:30 pm Eastern Standard Time.

Unfortunately, due to German TV rights, this fight will only be offered to viewers outside of Germany via the internet for a small fee (Details will be posted on Pantera's website http://www.panteraboxing.com/).

Miranda, now a full time resident of Puerto Rico, has been training with Jose Bonilla to improve his boxing skills. Manager Steve Benbasat thinks moving to Puerto Rico is already paying dividends, “In Puerto Rico, they take their boxing more serious than anywhere else in the world. Edison has improved enormously since training in Puerto Rico.”

Trainer Jose Bonilla concurs, “He is the most dedicated fighter I have ever seen. He is completely focused on making himself a better fighter. His determination and his skills will make it impossible for anyone in the division to beat him.”

Bonilla trains a number of undefeated top contenders from Puerto Rico including Carlos Quintana, Jose Nieves, and Jesus Pabon. All of his fighters stick together like one big team. They train together, run together, and even attend each other’s fights for support. In fact, Nieves and Pabon will be traveling all the way to Germany to support Miranda.

FightBeat had the opportunity to speak with Edison just two weeks away before the big fight. Check out what he had to say:

FB: Edison, you are going to the champion’s backyard for this fight. Do you think you can win a decision or is a KO on your mind?

EM: I believe that I will knock this guy out, so a decision is not on my mind at all. I will not force the knockout; but it will come naturally

FB: Abraham isn’t afraid to fight dirty. He lost a point for rabbit punches against Jantuah, and a point for hitting after the break against Ian Gardner. Is this something your team has discussed with the referee? How do you respond to such tactics?
    EM: I am totally aware of Abraham's tactics because I have watched his last five fights. We have trained hard in the gym to be ready for these things, but they don't worry me at all. My power and skills will totally take him out of his game plan. I am sure that my managers will have a talk with the referee and supervisor as well.

FB: Can you tell us a little bit about your preparation for your bout with Abraham? How long where you in training? Who did you spar with? Did you do anything different for this bout?

EM: Instead of going to camp eight weeks out like most fighters, I went back to my camp in Puerto Rico about 16 weeks prior to this fight. I concentrated on new combinations as well as defensive skills. Because of this long camp, I have improved a lot. I sparred with about six to eight different guys because most guys quit on me. I guess they couldn't take the hard shots.

FB: In your battle with Howard Eastman, you started to close the show in the fifth but he caught you with some hard shots. Were you in any danger? What went through your mind?

EM: He did stun me in the 6th; however, I trained very hard for this fight. I was in the best shape ever. I knew in my mind that I would rebound quickly due to my excellent conditioning, and that is exactly what happened. I came back a couple of minutes later and knocked him out.

FB: Jermain Taylor vs. Winky Wright was a very close battle. How did you score it and where you impressed by Winky or Taylor?
    EM: It was a close fight, but I think Winky pulled it out. I was not impressed with either of them. I would love for the opportunity to get in the ring with either of these guys after Abraham.

FB: How easy would it be for you to move up to 168lbs for a big fight with Joe Calzaghe?

EM: Right now, I want to stay at 160 for a while. I like this weight class. But, if needed, it would be very easy for me to move up in weight. I am a very big middleweight who comes down in weight, so I would fit in just fine at 168.

FB: It was reported today that Vernon Forrest or Kassim Ouma will fight against Winky Wright. Why do you think nobody mentions Edison Miranda?

EM: Why would anyone want to fight the hardest hitting middleweight out there, when they could pick less dangerous guys to fight? When I am champ, these guys will have to fight me.

FB: Do you have a prediction for your bout with Abraham?

EM: Knockout!

FB: Do you have a message for the FightBeat readers and your fans around the world?

EM: I want to thank all my fans for their support. I will not let you down. I promise that I will go to Germany, knockout Abraham, and become the new champ.

FB: Thanks champ!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Edison Miranda: "No Decisions, I'm Going to KO Abraham "

I first saw this guy on Frday night fight , i think. and straight away i new he was something special, he had a determination that is rare nowadays and raw power!!! i didnt know he was undefeated or anything from his past. After he KO'D eastman, i became a big fan, especially after hearing what the guy has gone through!

this guy has the power skill and determination TO BE THE NEXT BIG THING. IM A HUGE FAN OF HIS. HE WILL KO ABRAHAM!

El Kabong Guest

Abraham is in for a long night...but either way Taylor beats both those guys easy...yeah EASY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ha ha sure Lyle.

Im not entirely sold on JT although he is a good kid..

Perhaps its that silly foot stomp he does when his name is anounced - dufus or what?

Cant imagine Iron Mike doing that sheeeiiit

El Kabong Guest

JT beat one of the best middleweights ever....TWICE

Miranda and Abraham can talk shit but have NEVER stepped it up...Eastman is like 50 years old and Kofi Junta got rocked by Kassim Ouma at 154 and went the distance with the "power punching" Abraham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    JT beat one of the best middleweights ever....TWICE

Miranda and Abraham can talk S*** but have NEVER stepped it up...Eastman is like 50 years old and Kofi Junta got rocked by Kassim Ouma at 154 and went the distance with the "power punching" Abraham
    I gotta disagree Lyle.

Miranda & Abraham are both stepping up & Abraham has fought as many good opponents if not better than Taylor's 20th or so fight.

These guys are both an asset to 160lbs. I'll be shocked either way with the outcome of this fight.

Great match up for 160.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JT beat one of the best middleweights ever....TWICE on HBO

Miranda and Abraham can talk S*** but have NEVER stepped it up...Eastman is like 50 years old and Kofi Junta got rocked by Kassim Ouma at 154 and went the distance with the "power punching" Abraham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Abraham is in for a long night...but either way Taylor beats both those guys easy...yeah EASY
    I'm pulling for Abraham...and JT beats either of them...good call....
    It feels good to be back home.

Thread Information