Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Daniel Ponce de Leon

Hey what do you guys think about Daniel Ponce de Leon, I just finished watching the Mosley VargasII for a second time and DAMN What a KO for such a small guy it was awsome. just looked at his record and he is defenetly a very hard hitter, what do u guys think if he is going to be dominating his weight div for a while?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Daniel Ponce de Leon

He's SO raw, I think he's just too lacking in skills and speed to ever be a real elite guy. Maybe I'll end up wrong but I doubt it, seems kind of like the Sam Peter of the 122 pounders, he can really crack, but everything else is lacking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is basically formless but he can be beaten and outboxed badly but his power is pretty good
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea i know, But man i love to see those KO's, i guess his fights are going to be very unpredictible he can be outboxed but he just need to land a couple of those bombs and it could be over, his is alright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with OumaFan. He's got an entertaining style, but at the top level he can be outboxed. And he has been already against Celestino Caballero about a year ago. Still, to me it looks like he's improving his skills and with a punch like that he'll be around for a while (he's only 26).

If you're not sound technically and you lose you suck. If you're not sound technically and you win you've got an awkward style.

Hey can youtube videos allowed in these forums?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was an incredible KO. The word "slugger" comes to mind insane KO % too. I always feel bad for Sod after watching this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gINY2QwaBg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by a harmful of swallows
    I agree with OumaFan. He's got an entertaining style, but at the top level he can be outboxed. And he has been already against Celestino Caballero about a year ago. Still, to me it looks like he's improving his skills and with a punch like that he'll be around for a while (he's only 26).

If you're not sound technically and you lose you suck. If you're not sound technically and you win you've got an awkward style.

Hey can youtube videos allowed in these forums?
    I saw him for the first time in the Caballero fight he looked awful, very sloppy and wild, but he got my attention with the ko in the ssm, fv undercard and his form did look better. He may not be able to work on speed but if he works and his skills he could be tough to beat, but he does need improvement.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love his power, with a little improvement he'll cause problems for anyone!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He works with the same guys that train Valero and hopefully his basic skills will improve,otherwise,he will get outboxed EASILY one day but I like him and that power is a sort of equaliser!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Phenomena
    He works with the same guys that train Valero and hopefully his basic skills will improve,otherwise,he will get outboxed EASILY one day but I like him and that power is a sort of equaliser!
    As soon as I saw this thread I thought to myself I bet Game/El Phenonena has been on here with some nuthugging comment about Valero, suprised I had to scroll down to the bottom post but sure enough it was there :P

Just kidding fanboy, remember Quintana is the truth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    As soon as I saw this thread I thought to myself I bet Game/El Phenonena has been on here with some nuthugging comment about Valero, suprised I had to scroll down to the bottom post but sure enough it was there :P

All you need now is for maracho to agree & youv'e lost whatever arguement you have involving Valero or Margarito.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

All you need now is for maracho to agree & youv'e lost whatever arguement you have involving Valero or Margarito.
    I don't think even marcaho agrees with me any more. I'm pretty much a lone wolf on this site now, much like my fave boxer Ann Wolf :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Quintana,I also like this kid called Julio,you heard of him Bil? I think he will beat Floyd 1 day but um I'm not sure what he is up to now! That's not nughugging,that's recognising truth!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Quintana,I also like this kid called Julio,you heard of him Bil? I think he will beat Floyd 1 day but um I'm not sure what he is up to now! That's not nughugging,that's recognising truth!
    I'm quite sure I've never heard of this Julio of which you speak...........honestly......never heard of him..

But as I've been saying for nearly a year now Quintana is the real deal and will pr.......ah what the hell you got me

Margarito ain't winning squat though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dasamm
    That was an incredible KO. The word "slugger" comes to mind insane KO % too. I always feel bad for Sod after watching this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gINY2QwaBg
    Damn that KO was MEAN!

Thread Information