Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Difference between a knowledgeable fan and a "hater."

I think I did a thread like this once before, but here goes again:

I'm a boxing fan. I'm an unabashed Tito fan and damn proud of it. He brought glory to a little island that already has had more than its share of champions over the years. Yes, little Puerto Rico is a boxing power to be reckoned with. And IMHO, Tito always conducted himself with class, which is more than I can say for some of the punks that some people in here idolize. And I'll defend Tito's record to the end. And like it or not, Tito was fun to watch. Boxing misses him.

Now to my point... I'm man enough to admit that Tito would've had trouble with a number of fighters. There's a thread about Tito and Taylor. Hey, I'm not blind. Tito's not a true middleweight. Yes, he DID beat a very good middleweight in Joppy (by KO, I might add, not a gift decision over some German dude). So yeah, I feel Tito would probably lose to Taylor. Taylor's extremely fast, and packs power in both hands. His losses to Hopkins were an indication that he has a lot to learn, but he'll get there.

By contrast, we have our "knowledgeable" posters (you know who you are). Their analysis goes something like this: "Tito sucks... I hate Tito.... I'm glad he lost to Hopkins and Taylor.... he's arrogant (this one makes me laugh... you guys know Spanish, do you?). You have no real facts, just hate talk. It makes you look foolish, not to mention probably some snot-nosed teenagers who don't know sh*t about boxing or its history. Yeah, you... the guys that think boxing didn't exist before Tyson.

But all is not bleak. These ignoramuses are in the minority. I've seen the majority of you are pretty evenhanded, even when critizicing a fighter and even when you don't like him.

Any way, I got THAT off my chest. Now carry on, people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Difference between a knowledgeable fan and a "hater."

I don't even think that this post really needs much from ole' Wacko in return...nothing more than this:

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks wack.... allow me to give you your 2100th. Always a pleasure exchanging boxing chat with you. I enjoy the mutual respect for each other's opinions (which neither of us is shy in voicing).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan
    Thanks wack.... allow me to give you your 2100th. Always a pleasure exchanging boxing chat with you. I enjoy the mutual respect for each other's opinions (which neither of us is shy in voicing).

Think nothing of it babe. I'm glad we got you on board. Stick around & keep it coming. Nothing wrong with opinions as long as you voice em with respect.

In the end...yes Tito was good for boxing...I just think that right now...maybe it's time that he stopped competing with the elite or either just stay the hell away from a pure boxer. Maybe he needs a better match maker...think about it...maybe he should say to hell with fighting Oscar in a rematch & just sign on & join the team.

Has anyone not stopped to take the time & recognize that Oscar's got a hell of a roster on GBP & that it just get's fatter & better each month? He just signed JMM. That's nice.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good post, you make a very good point about Tito as a Middleweight, same thing with Hatton, he fought a bigger man at Welterweight and won, Hatton very lucky to pull it off , because he is not a Welterweight ! But you see fans in here always talking about he needs to fight the Welterweights… I say no way, stay at the weight you fight best in and retire at that weight, why move up? Plenty of good fights in the low weight classes. If The other guys want to fight, come on down !

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan

Think nothing of it babe. I'm glad we got you on board. Stick around & keep it coming. Nothing wrong with opinions as long as you voice em with respect.

In the end...yes Tito was good for boxing...I just think that right now...maybe it's time that he stopped competing with the elite or either just stay the hell away from a pure boxer. Maybe he needs a better match maker...think about it...maybe he should say to hell with fighting Oscar in a rematch & just sign on & join the team.

Has anyone not stopped to take the time & recognize that Oscar's got a hell of a roster on GBP & that it just get's fatter & better each month? He just signed JMM. That's nice.
    I agree with Tito not coming back. In my eyes, he has nothing left to prove. Besides, if your head's not in it (and believe me, Tito totally fits that category), you shouldn't bother coming back. I for one wouldn't want for Tito to tarnish what was an awesome career. As for joining GBP, why not? It would keep him in the game he's loved all his life.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Good post, you make a very good point about Tito as a Middleweight, same thing with Hatton, he fought a bigger man at Welterweight and won, Hatton very lucky to pull it off , because he is not a Welterweight ! But you see fans in here always talking about he needs to fight the Welterweights… I say no way, stay at the weight you fight best in and retire at that weight, why move up? Plenty of good fights in the low weight classes. If The other guys want to fight, come on down !
    CC, Lords Gym. I must admit I was one of the people that were totally caught up in Tito's KO destruction of Joppy. I thought after watching Tito easily take care of a legitimate middleweight fighter and once champion, that the sky was the limit. Unfortunately, the Hopkins and Winky fights brought me back to Earth (sigh).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah i respect any poster as long as they intelligently attempt to back their claim. that being said lets now have the John Ruiz fans arise from the witness protection program.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC.

I have A LOT of opinions, but a lot of the time I find myself not posting them because I don't have facts to back them up. I would have no problem saying that Tito was a bum if I had points to support it. I think when you make blind statement without any supporting argument, that's when you become a "hater" or a....bad poster. Now I'm not saying you HAVE to provide points, but if called upon, you have to post them. That's a good poster.

El Kabong Guest

Trinidad is a class act...too bad he got all the bad rap about the handwraps though...IMO I don't think it would matter one way or the other

SigmaMu Guest

This is funny because every time Tito spoke, it was with respect. I know how you feel and I also hate posters who spread hatefull lies.
    I am Mexican so it was hard to appreciate Tito. You know Mexicans and Puerto Ricans always fueding. That aint my style.
    My favorite fighter today is some young man named Miguel Angel Cotto. Not sure if you have heard of him or not? ~

I am with you and I loved your point. Manscaredo fans are the same way.

You are not alone and your frustration is felt, I can relate.

Paz. I would CC you but I dont have the power. hehehhee

Paz X 2

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito was a brillant fighter, always had that heart to keep getting up from a knock down. I would have preferred him to fight Hopkins again after the Cherifi victory instead of retiring. I think the layoff affected him more than the loss to Hopkins!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent post Titofan,you should be here more often brother,CC. I am often labelled a hater but how can I be if I like the fighter but I am critical of him & use facts to back it up.
    The word hater is used far far too much in my opinion and your example of what is and is not hating illustrates the point very well bro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Excellent post Titofan,you should be here more often brother,CC. I am often labelled a hater but how can I be if I like the fighter but I am critical of him & use facts to back it up.
    The word hater is used far far too much in my opinion and your example of what is and is not hating illustrates the point very well bro.
    shiiiiiiiiit u want to talk about hater? i get sad clicked cuz i got FREE RINGSIDE seats and i offer to buy anyone on this Fin site free wings and beer if they come down for GRAND FINALE now thats HATIN!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    shiiiiiiiiit u want to talk about hater? i get sad clicked cuz i got FREE RINGSIDE seats and i offer to buy anyone on this Fin site free wings and beer if they come down for GRAND FINALE now thats HATIN!!!!!!!!!
    we gonna offset that shit right now with a dose of Cool Clicks ! fuk them haters !

Thread Information