Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd + 10ounce gloves = 1st Loss

Both fighters will be wearing 10-oz. gloves for the first time in their careers. Since the recent passing of Leavander Johnson, the Nevada State Athletic Commission enacted a rule that fighters from 135 up must wear the larger gloves.

I been saying this for ages.. when Floyd is made wear 10 ounce gloves against Oscar or Shane he stands a good chance of getting KTFO!!

This fight against Baldo is going to be a lot closer than you think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd + 10ounce gloves = 1st Loss

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdoo
    Both fighters will be wearing 10-oz. gloves for the first time in their careers. Since the recent passing of Leavander Johnson, the Nevada State Athletic Commission enacted a rule that fighters from 135 up must wear the larger gloves.

I been saying this for ages.. when Floyd is made wear 10 ounce gloves against Oscar or Shane he stands a good chance of getting KTFO!!

it could happen.....but Baldomir has to wear those same gloves.......Conditioning becomes a much bigger factor when you go up in glove size......but these guys train with 16 oz gloves anyway.....don't think it will be as big as you think.
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Baldomir won't be able to hit Mayweather enough to make a diffrence. If anything I think 10oz gloves put the bigger fighter at more of a disadvantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Baldomir won't be able to hit Mayweather enough to make a diffrence. If anything I think 10oz gloves put the bigger fighter at more of a disadvantage.
    it takes away the opportunities from the KO's.....there won't be near as many.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wait...bigger gloves means he's KO'd?

Or is it that there going back down to smaller gloves? I really don't know.

SigmaMu Guest

A definate CC 4 you!

Man it will be nice to see PBF fighting with gloves that don't hide his entire face. I see Floyd getting hit a lot.

Thanks for the post.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat

It means there less chances of him getting KO'ed. Mayweather doesn't rely on power as much as the bigger fighters. So bigger gloves really bother him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It means there less chances of him getting KO'ed. Mayweather doesn't rely on power as much as the bigger fighters. So bigger gloves really bother him.
    I simply think Floyd has lost some speed and pop at 147 with 8 ounce and will lose a considerable amount more at 154 with 10 ounce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this doesn't make alot of sense to me either.... please explain.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I simply think Floyd has lost some speed and pop at 147 with 8 ounce and will lose a considerable amount more at 154 with 10 ounce.
    But other fighters don't?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you can punch you can punch, 10 oz wont make a bit of difference, its the style of gloves, whether you use the 10oz Mexican style glove ( More padding on the wrist, less padding on the knuckle , or whether you use the boxers style 10.oz gloves more padding around the knuckles and a bit less on the wrist. . The Mexican style Reyes glove will deliver at 12oz. easy ! but all major brands have either style " Punchers Glove or Boxers Glove, I always go with the Punchers Glove, I want results
    !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    If you can punch you can punch, 10 oz wont make a bit of difference, its the style of gloves, whether you use the 10oz Mexican style glove ( More padding on the wrist, less padding on the knuckle , or whether you use the boxers style 10.oz gloves more padding around the knuckles and a bit less on the wrist. . The Mexican style Reyes glove will deliver at 12oz. easy ! but all major brands have either style " Punchers Glove or Boxers Glove, I always go with the Punchers Glove, I want results
    !
    for that info buddy!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    !
    And if you were around early April, you know all about Sal's rantings on PBF's gloves and what style he uses

El Kabong Guest

Bigger gloves = more KO's....you can hit harder with them!

Floyd has ALWAYS had hand trouble and with 10 ounce gloves he may be able to open up a bit more...call it a guess but I think PBF will do well with them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Bigger gloves = more KO's....you can hit harder with them!

Floyd has ALWAYS had hand trouble and with 10 ounce gloves he may be able to open up a bit more...call it a guess but I think PBF will do well with them
    Thats a valid point Lyle but I don't think Floyd has been pulling his punches since he left lightweight... actually I retract that statement.. now that I think about it that was exactly what I was thinking during the Gatti fight :P maybe I got this all wrong and Floyd is going to start knocking out legit Welterweights...

Thread Information