Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: YEAH!!! I'm coming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yazuraki
    It's true that they maybe strong, but that doesn't mean anything
    boxing is unpredictable. You make think one boxer will win, but the
    other boxers may win. Do you guys get what I'm saying?
    How are you going to go pro? who is going to make your matches and pay for your sanctioning and training fees? If you haven't even sparred... let alone had an amatuer bout then who will invest money in you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol thats what i was wondering cuz whos going to want to invest money into someone theyve never seen fight

I Wouldnt Want To

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That question I can answer. My uncle is a trainer and he asked me if I wanted to
    box, and that he would sponsor me. Plus I'm going to do a lot of sparring. He was a great boxer
    and I can learn a whole lot from him, plus whenever I go to his gym to train he makes me
    sprint, hit the heavy bag, jump rope, etc. I know i can learn a lot from him since he was a great
    boxer with fast and powerful punches, plus his footwork is brilliant, top notch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From my very limited experience it is who is promoting you. Obviously somebody starting from where he is at is not going to be going against the cream of fighters (if he is then he needs to change promoters). I got to watch a night of pro/amatuer boxers back in march and the pros ranged from people that had no amatuer experience to a guy that has won the Irish light weight belt this year. I spoke with one of the fighters after his bout and he said that he had no place or time to train. That he would show up when and where his promoter asked him too. He was doing it because he liked to fight and the money helped out.

The only worry I have about this Yazuraki saying he is going pro with no amatuer experience is who his promoter/manager/trainer will be putting him in the ring against. I have been watching boxing off and on for almost 20 years and have seen some guys that were pretty crappy on TV. Unfortunately its not always the best fighters that turn pro.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerjl
    I Totaly Agree Dude Even If They Are Low Ranked What Is Your Ranking Its Not Like Your Gonna Have A Super High Rank And Theyve Still Had Alot More Fights Then YOu

I Have A Question For Everyone

Do All Pro Fights Happen Infront Of Crouds Or On Tv
    Or Do Some Of Them Happen Behind Closed Doors
    Probebly Not Since Thats Were All The Income Comes From
    Let Me Know
    And Yeah How Do you Become Pro You Would Think You Would Have To Have Some Amatuer Fights Im Mean Why Would THey Let you Go Into The Ring With A Pro If You Have No Amatuer Fights
    You Think It Would Be To Big Of A Risk

Let Me And body head banger Know
    The majority of pro fights do not happen on TV, but generally in front of some type of crowd. Who ever is putting the fights on has to make some money some how.

If you want to turn pro check with you local/state/county athletic commission. In the US each state has their own rules about obtaining a pro boxing license. From what I know of you dont have to have any prior amatuer experience, of course this may and will vary from state to state, county to county, country to country. As far as the risk factor it depends on the opposing fighter. Not every pro fighter out there is a polished boxer like you see on TV. It helps to have a good promoter/manager that knows you and can match you up accordingly.

Again this is from my limited knowledge of research and reading off of the net. Since I am in the US things may vary greatly over the pond. Just some generaly knowledge
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank You Ty CC For your Help I Myself Do Not Want To Turn Pro I Need To Get A Trainer First And Then Amatuer And I Doubt I Will Go Pro

But Thanks For Your Info And It Deserves A CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't need ameture bouts before you go pro, my uncle didn't and he won the Japanese
    junior lightweight belt. you guys say i need it, but my uncle says different. I a natural just
    like him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    It would be best if i start with ameture first, but ameture boxing just doesn't fit me.
    I don't want to be protected by sof gloves and headgears, I want to go and see who's
    stronger, me or he. Just like Rocky Marciano.
    Go for it, Yazuraki.

One thing ... why not just go pro straight away if you already know that ameture boxing doesn't fit you? A lot of the gyms that you find always teach people the basics and that is usually the ameture style.

Personally, if I were you, I wouldn't even bother to join a gym and waste your time. Just get a pro licence printed somewhere and start fighting as the pros are only about strength, after all..

genious absolute comic genious, i love it CC for you, and i dont normally bother giving them out,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by md
    It's a pity your not a wee bit older I know a few boozers you could test your skills in. At the very least you'll find out the correct way to lie in an ambulance if yer lucky. Also, keeping up-to-date with the paramedic chat is a good life skill to have. Good luck to ye.
    again genius, reading wot you wrote bought a tear to my eye CC for you as well, i was gonna write something but i decided to watch my mother hoover instead as i thought that would be time better spent, but i got curious and read past the 1st page of this thread, superb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

promise me this at least!!

Promis you will stick your first 6 strait losses on boxrec??
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by body head banger
    promise me this at least!!

Promis you will stick your first 6 strait losses on boxrec??
    peace
    first 6 losses ? he'll have his non exsistant licencse taken away after hes knocked out by his 'opponent'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sure you can say that now, but just wait and see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't need ameture bouts before you go pro, my uncle didn't and he won the Japanese
    junior lightweight belt. you guys say i need it, but my uncle says different. I a natural just
    like him.
    So if you're uncle's such a great fighter, the champion of an entire nation, you wouldn't mind divulging his name so we could look it up and see if it's true, would you?

I mean, why not? If you're telling the truth, it shouldn't be a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is really the most rediculous thing i've heard so far....

Go ahead, turn pro. But let me tell you this: If you have never sparred in boxing, just been practising it for a month, and the only experience you do have is 'some' kickboxing...  Well, make sure you bring a pillow with you to the ring, to catch your head when your going down, my dear fellow. 'cos that's what is going to happen. A kickboxer versus a boxer on boxing terms? The kickboxer goes down in 99% of the cases.

And your uncle is even more crazy than you, to putting your health at such a great risk. How old is he, anyways? Times are a little different than back in the days, and back then i have the nerve to say that Japanese boxing (with all respect) was even littler than it is today. He has been an junior champ you say? Well, what ever. That doesn't make him an expert at all. And your parents are fools to let him go on with this at the cost of your health. Silly, silly, silly (putting it down reeeaaaalll soft and easy and nice, 'cos frankly i'm really pissed, reading this. But your not to blaim, your uncle is for putting this in your head).

The only reason we are coming down so strong on you here is because we DO fear for your health and well-being. Your 15, that's really young. Do yourself a favor, go to a gym, practise hard, maybe, if your lucky and have a good trainer, he'll let you do a amature bout in about 6 months. Do more amature bouts after that, Get ring experience, fullgrow to a grown-up person (18-20y) and then get back to us about turning pro!

- edit - and yeah, what is your uncle's name? so we can see his record?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Junior lightweight is super featherweight.

Thread Information