Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Mikkel Kessler

Wacko, Joe was the underdog against Lacy. Last night he was 50-1 favourite to beat Bika....I think he underestimated Bika too, because he thought it was an easy fight and thats why his performance wasn't up to scratch...He says himself he needs the big fights to motivate him

As Miles said, he'd be well up for Kessler, Kessler has now shown he's a serious threat and it would be a great fight. Calzaghe masterclass yet again
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Wacks, im just saying that I think a Kessler fight should happen. I dont think Calzaghe has issues getting up for fights. But he did have no sparring for this fight whatsoever and that played a part in a lacklustre showing along with the showboating and ludicrous lack of hands being kept up...

I think he would be well up for Kessler, and its the fight I would most like to see....so let it happen!
    I agree...it is a fight that should happen. I was griping atcha...just making a genral statement...now let me say this...he doesn't train or spar or whatever for Kess...he's fwocked.

Kess has proven his worth & he has now proven himself one step foruhterl
    Thats the nightmare double edged sword isnt it?

He spars and injures his hand and the fight is off or he doesnt spar and looks rusty, and unable to get his punches off as well...

Somehow he's got to get the balance...Can Calzaghe really last 2 more years with these hand issues

Im having doubts...
    Was gunna post the same thing;/ tbh i think if he goes out and beats kessler, had have 1 maybe 2 fights at LH b4 he calls it a day - them hands are to shot and he needs to sparr

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Wacks, im just saying that I think a Kessler fight should happen. I dont think Calzaghe has issues getting up for fights. But he did have no sparring for this fight whatsoever and that played a part in a lacklustre showing along with the showboating and ludicrous lack of hands being kept up...

I think he would be well up for Kessler, and its the fight I would most like to see....so let it happen!
    I agree...it is a fight that should happen. I was griping atcha...just making a genral statement...now let me say this...he doesn't train or spar or whatever for Kess...he's fwocked.

He spars and injures his hand and the fight is off or he doesnt spar and looks rusty, and unable to get his punches off as well...

Somehow he's got to get the balance...Can Calzaghe really last 2 more years with these hand issues

Im having doubts...
    Was gunna post the same thing;/ tbh i think if he goes out and beats kessler, had have 1 maybe 2 fights at LH b4 he calls it a day - them hands are to shot and he needs to sparr
    Yeah his hands are to fucked for him to go on much longer. I reckon next year will be his last.

Big unification fight with Kessler. Big UK fight with Woods. Retire as the best Supermiddle of all time and as a two weight world champ. Simple as.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Quote Originally Posted by Preme

Im having doubts...
    Yeah his hands are to fucked for him to go on much longer. I reckon next year will be his last.

Big unification fight with Kessler. Big UK fight with Woods. Retire as the best Supermiddle of all time and as a two weight world champ. Simple as.
    Yep, one more big year and thats enough. No need for talk about going for Joe Louis' record of defences...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Being a Yank...this statement is going to shock quite a few people...& hell yes bitches...I am sober now!

Calzaghe could easily go down as one of the greats of our time...provided his hands do hold out & that he takes some game fighters.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i didnt even realize HBO broadcast the kessler fight, i didnt want to watch calzaghe vs JOBBY the JOBBER so i watched the mr t show instead and i watched a german version of the kessler fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah lets make this fight happen. joe looked busted up after the fight last night so i dont think its gonna be happening any time before april/may. it was a very hard fight for joe last night. it worries me when he fights these risky felas that have got nothing to lose and bika is the type of fighter its hard to look good against. calzaghe had everything to lose and bika had nothing to lose cos no one gave him a chance. that makes someone very dangerous.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    OK reading some of the threads about Joe last night brings a smile to my face...how everyone is stating Lacy was nothing... blah blah... hinsight is a wonderful thing huh

anyhooo...

when they announced last nights fight i thought """" WHO?!?!?!"""""" WTF happened to the big fights even the strongest of Joes supporters were saying the same thing.

Joe looked crap last night and id say that was the second hardest fight of his career ((Robin Ried being the hardest))

but joe looked crap in the fight before Lacy and thats why i though the punching machine Lacy would win... but make no mistake a focused Joe ONE THAT IS WORRIED ABOUT LOSING is a dengerous unbeatable fighter.

didnt see the Kessler fight but to KO Beyer is a fantastic achivement and now deserves his shot BIGTIME...

and he will get it IMO that is why HBO showcased the 2 cards together...

Kessler shined
    Joe didn't

now everyone is saying Joe is scared of Kessler... and Kessler will KO him... PLEASE

lets not get carried away here before last night this fight wanst even a good matchup... now its superfight... Great promoting by HBO.

this is no easy fight for Kessler who will be classed as overated if he loses and the nay sayers will be cluching onto another bandwagon like they have been for the last 9 years...

Omar Sheika
    Charles Brewer
    Byron Mitchell
    Jeff Lacy

and now its Mikkel Kessler

but hey Joe aint getting any yonger and may lose but that will not take away defending his title against every SMW who would fight him in the last 9 years.

a loss wont take that fact away so to all the haters Joe has already proved you wrong

THIS FIGHT WILL HAPPEN... FORGET HOPKINS TALK.

WARREN AINT STUPID
    Boss or not foolishness needs to be addressed. Only an idiot would of seen way past there primes Charles Brewer and Byron Mitchell as big threats against Calzaghe. There best days were already behind them. Which is why Joe fought them. And this "defended his title for 9 years" bullshit is exactly that bullshit. If defending the garbage the WBO title as much as Joe has so impressive. Than why don't Arthur Grigorian ever get any love. He defended his crappy ass WBO lightweight title 17 times. And like Calzcrappy he beat a lot of bums in the process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    OK reading some of the threads about Joe last night brings a smile to my face...how everyone is stating Lacy was nothing... blah blah... hinsight is a wonderful thing huh

anyhooo...

when they announced last nights fight i thought """" WHO?!?!?!"""""" WTF happened to the big fights even the strongest of Joes supporters were saying the same thing.

Joe looked crap last night and id say that was the second hardest fight of his career ((Robin Ried being the hardest))

but joe looked crap in the fight before Lacy and thats why i though the punching machine Lacy would win... but make no mistake a focused Joe ONE THAT IS WORRIED ABOUT LOSING is a dengerous unbeatable fighter.

didnt see the Kessler fight but to KO Beyer is a fantastic achivement and now deserves his shot BIGTIME...

Kessler shined
    Joe didn't

now everyone is saying Joe is scared of Kessler... and Kessler will KO him... PLEASE

lets not get carried away here before last night this fight wanst even a good matchup... now its superfight... Great promoting by HBO.

this is no easy fight for Kessler who will be classed as overated if he loses and the nay sayers will be cluching onto another bandwagon like they have been for the last 9 years...

Omar Sheika
    Charles Brewer
    Byron Mitchell
    Jeff Lacy

but hey Joe aint getting any yonger and may lose but that will not take away defending his title against every SMW who would fight him in the last 9 years.

a loss wont take that fact away so to all the haters Joe has already proved you wrong

WARREN AINT STUPID
    Boss or not foolishness needs to be addressed. Only an idiot would of seen way past there primes Charles Brewer and Byron Mitchell as big threats against Calzaghe. There best days were already behind them. Which is why Joe fought them. And this "defended his title for 9 years" bullshit is exactly that bullshit. If defending the garbage the WBO title as much as Joe has so impressive. Than why don't Arthur Grigorian ever get any love. He defended his crappy a** WBO lightweight title 17 times. And like Calzcrappy he beat a lot of bums in the process.
    Quite similar to Hopkins till he decided to step up against Trinadad at 36.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983

anyhooo...

Kessler shined
    Joe didn't

Omar Sheika
    Charles Brewer
    Byron Mitchell
    Jeff Lacy

WARREN AINT STUPID
    Boss or not foolishness needs to be addressed. Only an idiot would of seen way past there primes Charles Brewer and Byron Mitchell as big threats against Calzaghe. There best days were already behind them. Which is why Joe fought them. And this "defended his title for 9 years" bullshit is exactly that bullshit. If defending the garbage the WBO title as much as Joe has so impressive. Than why don't Arthur Grigorian ever get any love. He defended his crappy a** WBO lightweight title 17 times. And like Calzcrappy he beat a lot of bums in the process.
    Quite similar to Hopkins till he decided to step up against Trinadad at 36.
    Something like that

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

anyhooo...

Kessler shined
    Joe didn't

Omar Sheika
    Charles Brewer
    Byron Mitchell
    Jeff Lacy

WARREN AINT STUPID
    seem to remember alot of people stating Joe would lose them fights... fun enough there wasnt many that would admit it afterwards.

bit like the part time lacy fans seemed to have dissapeared... this place was full of them before that fight strange huh.

ok saying all that you are welcome to your opinion as wrong as it is and you have your own reasons for not rating a fighter WBO challanges or not that hasnt ducked a fighter AT HIS WEIGHT apart from maybe Ottke who got offered the fight but decided to retire instead.

Joe has beaten them all which makes him the man at SUPER MIDDLE for the last nine years... regardless of your opinion that fact remains and always will even if kessler beat him Joe will still retire with a legacy.

his preformance against Lacy was outstanding... this guy was a god and now hes a one dimentional slugger.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A YEAR MAKES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe still would be my favourite in this fight, but would be a VERY VERY VERY tough fight as i do think Kessler is MUCH better then anything he has faced before, Yes even Lacy. Joe UD however, as he rises in the big occasions.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

anyhooo...

Kessler shined
    Joe didn't

Omar Sheika
    Charles Brewer
    Byron Mitchell
    Jeff Lacy

WARREN AINT STUPID
    Boss, I've been saying Kessler was gonna be a force to be wrecked with since '04/'05 I tried looking for the thread I created back then but had no luck finding it I think it might have dissappeared during the shut downs we've had.

Anyway even before this fight took place I have always said Kessler was gonna shine, check the threads. If Joe and Kessler meet later stoppage Kessler wins via TKO.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

anyhooo...

Kessler shined
    Joe didn't

Omar Sheika
    Charles Brewer
    Byron Mitchell
    Jeff Lacy

WARREN AINT STUPID
    seem to remember alot of people stating Joe would lose them fights... fun enough there wasnt many that would admit it afterwards.

bit like the part time lacy fans seemed to have dissapeared... this place was full of them before that fight strange huh.

ok saying all that you are welcome to your opinion as wrong as it is and you have your own reasons for not rating a fighter WBO challanges or not that hasnt ducked a fighter AT HIS WEIGHT apart from maybe Ottke who got offered the fight but decided to retire instead.

Joe has beaten them all which makes him the man at SUPER MIDDLE for the last nine years... regardless of your opinion that fact remains and always will even if kessler beat him Joe will still retire with a legacy.

his preformance against Lacy was outstanding... this guy was a god and now hes a one dimentional slugger.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A YEAR MAKES
    Completely agree Saddo, CC...

We seem to have been warped back a year and now Kessler is taking on the guise of Lacy....

Underestimate Calzaghe at your peril folks. Kessler is still relatively untested and will never have faced somebody with the skill, experience and adaptability of Calzaghe....

This fight needs to happen. Its interesting hearing these pro Kessler noises coming in the wake of beating Beyer. Ive always maintained that Kessler is 2 at SMM and that Calzaghe has the edge....this weekend does nothing to change that opinion....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amazing how the majority on this forum are so happy to just asume that Calzaghe-Kessler would be a total replay of Calzaghe-Lacy.
    Hasn't it occured to anyone that Kessler is stylisticly very different from Lacy? How can so many ppl just asume it'll be just the same?

Do you really believe Calzaghe - even at this stage - is so far beyond everyone else, that he's untouchable?

Get real.

Not at all saying it would be a certain win for Kessler. But to say it's a certain win for Calzaghe - especially with his hand and weight issues of late - is equally daft.

Thread Information