Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joe Calzaghe vs Mikkel Kessler

OK reading some of the threads about Joe last night brings a smile to my face...how everyone is stating Lacy was nothing... blah blah... hinsight is a wonderful thing huh

anyhooo...

when they announced last nights fight i thought """" WHO?!?!?!"""""" WTF happened to the big fights even the strongest of Joes supporters were saying the same thing.

Joe looked crap last night and id say that was the second hardest fight of his career ((Robin Ried being the hardest))

but joe looked crap in the fight before Lacy and thats why i though the punching machine Lacy would win... but make no mistake a focused Joe ONE THAT IS WORRIED ABOUT LOSING is a dengerous unbeatable fighter.

didnt see the Kessler fight but to KO Beyer is a fantastic achivement and now deserves his shot BIGTIME...

and he will get it IMO that is why HBO showcased the 2 cards together...

Kessler shined
    Joe didn't

now everyone is saying Joe is scared of Kessler... and Kessler will KO him... PLEASE

lets not get carried away here before last night this fight wanst even a good matchup... now its superfight... Great promoting by HBO.

this is no easy fight for Kessler who will be classed as overated if he loses and the nay sayers will be cluching onto another bandwagon like they have been for the last 9 years...

Omar Sheika
    Charles Brewer
    Byron Mitchell
    Jeff Lacy

and now its Mikkel Kessler

but hey Joe aint getting any yonger and may lose but that will not take away defending his title against every SMW who would fight him in the last 9 years.

a loss wont take that fact away so to all the haters Joe has already proved you wrong

THIS FIGHT WILL HAPPEN... FORGET HOPKINS TALK.

WARREN AINT STUPID

ICB Guest

Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Mikkel Kessler

yep calzaghe fought crap but he isnt scared of kessler like some people say sometimes even great boxers have someone that make u look bad ali for instance had norton to make him look bad i wasnt impressed with calzaghe he didnt throw hardly any combos but i feel for him because he was starting to get his dues now hes back where he was hopefully he can get back on track again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

who are you

na good post boss, would be good to see this fight come off, 2 champs, 4 belts, if he wants the haters to stand up then fight kessler, if he wants money fight the u.s lads
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good unbiased post big bwoss.

Honestly, I'm pretty much sickened by a lot of the side switching as far as this one fighter to the next shit goes.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion...but gotdam...just because your man faces a little adversity...doesn't signal that it's time to put on the life vests & jump ship.

Personally...I thought that Joe did well...especially not knowing who or what Bika was outside of the Beyer fight.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beds
    if he wants the haters to stand up then fight kessler.
    they wont mate... he did that against Lacy... and now Lacy wasnt anygood all of a sudden

so if he does it against Kessler look for tha new bandwagon to start

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    especially not knowing who or what Bika was outside of the Beyer fight.
    Getting a draw in Germany againt beyer means he must have won every round

He looked strong last night and Joe won by a big margin... even after being head butted and low blowed..

he looked crap but then he shouldn't be fighting these no name guys at this late stage IMO

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's obvious Calzaghe can't get up for these fights at this stage of his career. It was the Salem fight all over again.

Watching the fight it was also obvious the muppets would have a field day with Calzaghe's performance.

Kessler Calzaghe is a MUST fight now.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he fights & beats Kessler...everyone will low ball Kess & say that Froch is the real fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    they wont mate... he did that against Lacy... and now Lacy wasnt anygood all of a sudden
    Which fwocken sickened me to no end.

This Bika mess is equally ignorant. Out of 23 or 24 fights he had won 20 & 13 by knockout. Never been knocked out...but everyone neglects that info

Let me say this one thing...the Calzaghe Lacy situation is an odd one...let's say that Kess fougt Cal & got his ass handed to him. Team Palle get's back on the ball & lines up the match & back they go at it again via the rematch.

Atleast that way...some respect would be re-established.

Lacy needs to come back.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man im gonna step up and be mauled in this thread. I didnt think lacy was that good before the calzaghe fight and i did say that. I also said calzaghe would win a wide UD over lacy. So im definately not one of those people who have jumped off the bandwagon coz ive never been on it.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    It's obvious Calzaghe can't get up for these fights at this stage of his career. It was the Salem fight all over again.

Watching the fight it was also obvious the muppets would have a field day with Calzaghe's performance.

Indeed, it is!!! It will be an awesome fight, and already the naysayers are creeping from under the woodwork to jump on Calzaghe!! Calzaghe made this fight hard for himself more than anything, and a lack of sparring showed....but those brittle hands had to be protected...

Calzaghe is too good for Kessler IMO....lets make this fight happen!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles

Indeed, it is!!! It will be an awesome fight, and already the naysayers are creeping from under the woodwork to jump on Calzaghe!! Calzaghe made this fight hard for himself more than anything, and a lack of sparring showed....but those brittle hands had to be protected...

Shoot me...both of you...but I totally disagree.

I think that Joe just underestimated Bika on this go around. No offense, but saying that Joe can't get up for these fights at this stage of his career...back up to his previous fight. He slaughtered Lacy.

Joe is fine. Fighters have bad nights. He was never in trouble nor was he close to losing the upper hand.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lacy needs to come back.
    He needs to fight Bika

I was very shocked that he came into the calzaghe fight at 10-1. I said to my mates in my local last night b4 it started that this guy would be joes hardst fight since brewer or reid.

Bika was in superb shape, hes a young 27yr whos very hungry, has a brilliant chin and big punching power - who loves to lead with his head rather than a jab. Now take Calzaghes style that has 'hard nights works' written all over it for Joe.

He did get carried away early on, it didn't help him thinking that a hell of alot of the big Us fans were turning in to watch that, so clearly he wanted to put on a good show and maybe got carried away early on rather than doing what he does best, and just box.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shoot me...both of you...but I totally disagree.

I think that Joe just underestimated Bika on this go around. No offense, but saying that Joe can't get up for these fights at this stage of his career...back up to his previous fight. He slaughtered Lacy.

Joe is fine. Fighters have bad nights. He was never in trouble nor was he close to losing the upper hand.
    Wacks, im just saying that I think a Kessler fight should happen. I dont think Calzaghe has issues getting up for fights. But he did have no sparring for this fight whatsoever and that played a part in a lacklustre showing along with the showboating and ludicrous lack of hands being kept up...

I think he would be well up for Kessler, and its the fight I would most like to see....so let it happen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wacks, im just saying that I think a Kessler fight should happen. I dont think Calzaghe has issues getting up for fights. But he did have no sparring for this fight whatsoever and that played a part in a lacklustre showing along with the showboating and ludicrous lack of hands being kept up...

I think he would be well up for Kessler, and its the fight I would most like to see....so let it happen!
    I agree...it is a fight that should happen. I was griping atcha...just making a genral statement...now let me say this...he doesn't train or spar or whatever for Kess...he's fwocked.

Kess has proven his worth & he has now proven himself one step foruhterl

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree...it is a fight that should happen. I was griping atcha...just making a genral statement...now let me say this...he doesn't train or spar or whatever for Kess...he's fwocked.

Kess has proven his worth & he has now proven himself one step foruhterl
    Thats the nightmare double edged sword isnt it?

He spars and injures his hand and the fight is off or he doesnt spar and looks rusty, and unable to get his punches off as well...

Somehow he's got to get the balance...Can Calzaghe really last 2 more years with these hand issues

Im having doubts...

Thread Information