Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default BHOP v RJJ - If the fight had taken place at a different time

OK - so this full of hypertheticals, but what if RJJ and BHOP's fight had've taken placed when both were prime (assuming it was at 160 or 16 would the outcome of been the same

I say yes!!

I am still a Roy Jones believer (by that I mean I still believer he WAS great) and fail to believe how so many people have jumped ship. I don't think the recent KOs have any bearing on his legacy and don't think that he was always there for the taking like that.

Don't get me wrong I don't like the geezer, just find it funny how peoples memories are so short term.

So what about BHOP v RJJ then
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

ICB Guest

Default Re: BHOP v RJJ - If the fight had taken place at a different time

[youtube=425,350]utmF-SA1KyU[/youtube]

this is interesting round between them round 8

ICB Guest

i dont think hopkins was in his prime there i think he peaked few years later if it happened both prime for prime well when they first met jones won by 8 rounds to 4 a peaked hopkins would make it tougher but i still see it 7 rounds to 5 or maybe 6 rounds to 5 with one even for jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah agreed,nice vid mate,hey how do u upload all these vid do u have to save the to the harddrive first id love to know

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stavros693000
    yeah agreed,nice vid mate,hey how do u upload all these vid do u have to save the to the harddrive first id love to know
    i didnt upload that one mate just remember seeing it on youtube so just streamed it so peeps could see  the ones i do upload ive got them on disks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sweet as,thanks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins got $150,000 dollars for that Jones fight. He was offered $6 million for the return when he was undisputed middleweight champ.

You reckon he knew Jones had his number?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Me thinks you are probably right
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Hopkins got $150,000 dollars for that Jones fight. He was offered $6 million for the return when he was undisputed middleweight champ.

I doubt Hopkins has ever thought that anyone has had his number. He's one of the most self confident and assured fighters ever to lace up the gloves.

It is far more likely that his ego felt he was worth more money and that he he should have a greater share of the split than that he thought Jones Jr was too good for him.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

I doubt Hopkins has ever thought that anyone has had his number. He's one of the most self confident and assured fighters ever to lace up the gloves.

It is far more likely that his ego felt he was worth more money and that he he should have a greater share of the split than that he thought Jones Jr was too good for him.
    My mentality though is that its a lot of money and if I was confident of winning then it would only lead to better things down the road, and at the very least the win I was expecting to get anyways....

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heres a comment from him at the time

"My career is not based and predicated on me fighting Roy Jones," Hopkins said.

"I'm glad that I have three belts because that means I have three mandatories a year and I can make $2 million or $3 million dollars every time I step in the ring with Donald Duck. I can deal with that."
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heres a comment from him at the time

"My career is not based and predicated on me fighting Roy Jones," Hopkins said.

"I'm glad that I have three belts because that means I have three mandatories a year and I can make $2 million or $3 million dollars every time I step in the ring with Donald Duck. I can deal with that."
    Sounds like a good business model to me

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not really, I think Hopkins was just sincere in wanting 50-50, and I believe he would have taken the fight if Roy agreed to it.. But even so, he made 15 million to fight De La Hoya, so it's really nothing you can hold against Hopkins.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    i dont think hopkins was in his prime there i think he peaked few years later if it happened both prime for prime well when they first met jones won by 8 rounds to 4 a peaked hopkins would make it tougher but i still see it 7 rounds to 5 or maybe 6 rounds to 5 with one even for jones
    Everyone likes to say Hopkins wasn't in his prime. But I think its obvious that Roy wasn't either. And Roy went into that fight with a broken right hand. So I take that into consideration, and I don't at any level see Hopkins outboxing Roy. So I think it would be a more convincing win for Roy.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i have the whole fight on my pc. i tried to put it on youtube but wouldn't let me. i will go with hopkins

Thread Information