Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Open Letter from Team Palle to Calzaghe-promoter Frank Warren

Team Palle dismisses promoter Frank Warren´s false reporting:

Kessler promoting management Team Palle puts Frank Warren “on blast” for blatant lie about nonexisting offer, says Warren never made any offer for Mikkel Kessler to fight Joe Calzaghe.

Copenhagen, October 16 2006

Mogens Palle, who is coming up on his 50th anniversary as Europe´s leading boxing promoter, has put British promoter rank Warren “on blast” for what Palle said are complete lies concerning an offer made to Mikkel Kessler to fight Joe Calzaghe.

Kessler, by virtue of his stunning, three-round KO over Markus Beyer, now holds both the WBA and WBC super middleweight title belts. The veteran Calzaghe, now 42-0, continues to wear the IBF and WBO title belts.

Palle and the 38-0 Kessler both made it clear again in the wake of Kessler´s dominant victory over the German that Kessler wants to fight Calzaghe like a hungry wolf wants som lamb chops.

“It must be difficult for Frank Warren to look at himself in the mirror the way he lies. And he must have trouble putting on his pants each morning when he has the British press in his pockets.

"But I can tell you that it is one of the most blatant lies in bpxing history when he says that he made an offer og 1.5 million British pounds for Mikkel Kessler to fight his man, Calzaghe,” Palle says.

“I went to England to meet Warren months ago and I made him an offer. Warren listened and said he would make a counter offer. I waited and waited and heard nothing.

"There was no counter offer and no response of any kind from Warren. Instead, they ran to fight journeyman Sakio Bika.

"Now he an Joe are barking out the name of Bernard Hopkins. They both know that Kessler will beat Calzaghe and that he will beat him whether they might fight in the UK, in Denmark or in the United States.

"Why doesn´t HBO step up and demand the two unbeaten champions, both holding two belts, to fight for supermeacy,” Palle asks.

“Why would boxing media and fans the world over want to see anything other than these to fighters meeting directly?

"This could be the super middleweight version of Ali vs. Frazier. Let there be no mistake about it: Kessler wants this fight!”

For his part, MiKkel Kessler says he believes he is the world´s best at 168 pounds.

“Joe disagrees with me, fine, but let´s settle it where it should be settled in the boxing ring.

"I don´t know why Joe continues to call out Roy Jones, Hopkins and these other guys. He should want what the fans want which is that he and I get it on. Joe knows in his heart he cannot beat me!”

Oct 8 2006
    Boxing: Joe and Frank are the odd couple
    Wales on Sunday / icWales.co.uk
    Said Warren: "That's b******s. After winning the WBO title I wanted Joe to capitalise on the big-money American market. I could have got him a few decent fights over there, but he wouldn't go. He was too much of a home boy.
    "When he changed his mind a few years ago, I made Roy Jones jnr a written $5m offer to fight Joe. When he ran scared I offered another legend Bernard Hopkins $3.5m.
    "Hopkins verbally agreed but before I could make any arrangements he demanded double the money. That didn't make business sense and we couldn't do it. Joe was too risky for them because he is too good a good boxer.
    "I also offered Markus Beyer and Mikkel Kessler £1.5m each to fight Joe and they ran a mile, too. What more could I do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Open Letter from Team Palle to Calzaghe-promoter Frank Warren

I know a number of ppl here will chose to belive Fwank in this case.
    But personally i was waiting for Palle to respond to Fwank's claims.

To me Fwank's story about having made a 1.5 mill£ offer to Kessler is just completely unrealistic and inconsistant with Fwank being Fwank.

Kessler made about 1/10 of that amount fighting Beyer.
    I think he would happily have accepted.

Fwank makes no mention of when this offer was supposed to have been made. Or about what conditions may have been attached.

If the offer was acually made i'd sure like to hear any such details.
    And perhaps Fwank would care to extend the same offer again. - I'm convinced Kessler would find it an excellent start to negotiations.

If Fwank is seriously willing to pay Kessler 1.5 mill£ i feel much much more optimistic the fight can be made.

But for now Fwank could allegedly be a cheating lying bastard trying to pull a dirty low trick.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Open Letter from Team Palle to Calzaghe-promoter Frank Warren

Quote Originally Posted by dumdane
    I know a number of ppl here will chose to belive Fwank in this case.
    But personally i was waiting for Palle to respond to Fwank's claims.

To me Fwank's story about having made a 1.5 mill£ offer to Kessler is just completely unrealistic and inconsistant with Fwank being Fwank.

Kessler made about 1/10 of that amount fighting Beyer.
    I think he would happily have accepted.

Fwank makes no mention of when this offer was supposed to have been made. Or about what conditions may have been attached.

If the offer was acually made i'd sure like to hear any such details.
    And perhaps Fwank would care to extend the same offer again. - I'm convinced Kessler would find it an excellent start to negotiations.

If Fwank is seriously willing to pay Kessler 1.5 mill£ i feel much much more optimistic the fight can be made.

But for now Fwank could allegedly be a cheating lying B****** trying to pull a dirty low trick.
    there are always to sides ot every stroy, but there was a small thing about it in the UK b4, about kessler pricing him self out...

For one thing, them mkaing calzaghe sound scared (is great for joe) but is a good way to demand more money;

Another being so offensive makes them look the inocent ones if they wanna price them selves out of a calzaghe fight coz he actualy doesnt wanna fight him:P

Thread Information