Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Timothy Ray Bradley

www.maxboxing.com

I drove 112 miles round trip (one hour each way) to check out undefeated junior welterweight prospect Timothy Ray Bradley ply his brutal trade for 2 minutes and 44 seconds on a Thompson Boxing-promoted card at the Double Tree Hotel in Ontario Monday night

Bradley, now 16-0 (10), demolished Alfonso Sanchez before the veteran trialhorse could get started, repeatedly hurting the Mexican with body shots. Despite the brevity of his performance, I thought the 23-year-old Coachella native was worth the drive.

He reminded me of a young Shane Mosley. He reminded Johnny Ortiz, a ringside boxing observer for at least 50 years, of Aaron Pryor.

No, Bradley is not as skillful or as complete a fighter as Mosley was when he was 16-0, and he doesn’t belong in the same sentence as hall-of-famer Pryor. But his style is much like Mosley’s. He’s an aggressive orthodox boxer with speed, power and a commitment to body punching; a talented African-American athlete who is the product of Mexican gyms.

Bradley’s spirit is very reminiscent of The Hawk’s ring fury. He doesn’t take a backward step and he’s got a bit of an attitude, a little swagger, in the way he attacks his opponent.

I can’t wait to see Bradley fight again and I hope it isn’t too long before fight fans outside of Southern California get a chance to see him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody seen this guy? Sounds like he could be an interesting prospect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Timothy Ray Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    www.maxboxing.com

I drove 112 miles round trip (one hour each way) to check out undefeated junior welterweight prospect Timothy Ray Bradley ply his brutal trade for 2 minutes and 44 seconds on a Thompson Boxing-promoted card at the Double Tree Hotel in Ontario Monday night

Bradley, now 16-0 (10), demolished Alfonso Sanchez before the veteran trialhorse could get started, repeatedly hurting the Mexican with body shots. Despite the brevity of his performance, I thought the 23-year-old Coachella native was worth the drive.

He reminded me of a young Shane Mosley. He reminded Johnny Ortiz, a ringside boxing observer for at least 50 years, of Aaron Pryor.

No, Bradley is not as skillful or as complete a fighter as Mosley was when he was 16-0, and he doesn’t belong in the same sentence as hall-of-famer Pryor. But his style is much like Mosley’s. He’s an aggressive orthodox boxer with speed, power and a commitment to body punching; a talented African-American athlete who is the product of Mexican gyms.

Bradley’s spirit is very reminiscent of The Hawk’s ring fury. He doesn’t take a backward step and he’s got a bit of an attitude, a little swagger, in the way he attacks his opponent.

I can’t wait to see Bradley fight again and I hope it isn’t too long before fight fans outside of Southern California get a chance to see him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody seen this guy? Sounds like he could be an interesting prospect.
    no but it sounds like an up and comer worthy of checking out...thanks for the info!!!!
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Timothy Ray Bradley

I've seen him twice. He always headlines the shows here. Very good, but he hasn't had tough competetion yet. He's got a strong amatuer background and he's very solid technique wise. I am looking forward to seeing him step up in competetion a little. I heard ESPN talking about him a few months ago. Teddy was saying they were looking to get him a televised fight on FNF.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Thread Information